facing fears

Arisa Havishmen

OOC First Name
Sammy
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Arisa walked out onto the quiditch pitch, she had a broom she had borrowed from someone under her arm. She was going to get over her fear of hights even if it killed her. Once she was in the middle of the pitch she mounted the broom and gulped. Arisa kicked off the ground and was in the air, she didnt realise how high she was untill she looked down. It was a very long drop. Arisa started to feel dizzy and quickly took her gaze off the ground.

"OK you can do this" She said to her self and started flying around, she was very dizzy and was having a hard time staying on course.

(can i join? ill edit if not :p )

Libby just finished her Tranfiguration lesson and decided to go outside flying for a bit. She had only the chance in lessons and missed it. When she got out there, carring her broom she saw Arisa already flying. "Hey Arisa!" she called waving. She quickly mounted her broom and flew up to meet her.

Arisa stedied her self on her broom tightening her grip. "Hi Libby" Arisa said turning to see her friend. "What are you up to today?" Arisa asked starting to get less dizzy

"Just practicing. What about you? I don't see around here much?" she asked, wondering if she was alright. She seemed to be frozen tightly to her broom.

"Oh ya just thought I'd give flying a try" Arisa said looking down. Bad idea she started to feel a little sick. "Its going good so far" Arisa said forcing her self to smile.

Libby nodded, not so sure by the colour she went after looking down. She made an attempt to distract her. "Do you want a mini game? Keeper and Chaser?" she offered. Last time she played this with Larissa was just last week, and it felt like years ago.

"Ok sure, um how do you play quidditch?" Arias asked realising she knew nothing about the sport.

Libby smiled, "Basically there's four ball. The first is the quaffle. This is controlled by three chasers who have to get it through the hoops over there" she pointed to three different height hoops. "The keeper on the other team blocks it. Then there are the bludgers and beaters, they stop the rest of the team getting hit by the bluders which are trying to knock 'em off. Lastly there's the snitch, which is almost impossible to see when it flys. The seeker has to catch that to win the game." she said. "We can pratice throwing the quaffle into a hoop and blocking if you like." she grinned.

"Ok sure" Arisa said smiling "I dibs being keeper first" Arisa said flying over to the hoops. A little more stedy now.

Libby laughed and swooped down to grab a quaffle. Flying back up she called, "You ready??" and slowly started circling the hoops. Suddenly she stopped and threw it as hard as she could to the middle one.

Arisa watched as Libby circled the hoops then she threw at the middle hoop. In a flash Arisa was there catching the ball. She wasnt scared any more and was having fun. " Nice try" Arisa said with a smile and threw the ball back out.

Libby laughed and caught the ball neatly. "I'm going easy on you to start with" she called. This time she headed towards the far left hoop, but at the last moment, lobbed it to the far right. "Ha! I'd like to see you get that!" she joked and laughed again.

Arisa flew over to catch the ball at the left hoop and then when Libby threw it went flew over to the right one just missing it. "Good job" Arisa said before going to fetch the ball "I guess flying isnt so bad" Arisa said still not daring to look at the ground again.

"It's fun when you get used to it" she said. Although that was easy for her to say since she'd been flying since she was four. She waited until was thrown the ball again, and threw it straight up in the air a few times just hovering. She would need a new tactic. She flew extra high into the hair, keeping one hand on her broom tightly and jumped off. In the time it took her to fall level with the hoops, she'd used to broom to whip the quaffle fast towards a hoop. She mounted it again before she hit the ground and flew up again. "Never done that before" she giggled.

Arisa almost had a heart attack as she watched Libby "what was that!?" Arisa said going to get the ball again. "your crazy"

Libby took it as a compliment. "Thanks! I try my best. You get bored of simple throws after a few years" she added, thinking of something to do next.

(lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back