Exploring the unknown..

(s'ok. i'll probly be going soon anyway. it's nerly midnight here.)

ginny smiled as she won the battle and eased Ivy on to her back, holding her under her knees gently. 'Comfy?' she asked before walking again. The path emerged under her feet and her heart relaxed alot. she followed it , trying not to trip over the stones or twigs. Ivy was a bit heavy which also didn't make things any better in her mind. 'So are we still agreed on going to the hospital wing?' she asked trying to make some conversation again.

Ivy flushed as she realized the stupidness of her actions. I'll get in trouble with professors, have and broken wrists and be taunted for the rest of my life. She sighed miserably as this hit her pride. Ivy also hoped that she wasn't too heavy on Ginny. "Ya, I guess so, how canI live with my wrist broken?" Ivy replied. Ivy jumped off Ginny when she heard her panting. "Its allright Ginny, really, I can walk, we are almost out of the forest, I can see the castle's top." Ivy insisted when Ginny gave her a sharp look.

Ginny continued her stare on Ivy as she walked towards the castle path. 'Ok, here's the story then.you were having your homework getting done and i stole it then you chased me here and i said i had put it in the forest and you told me to get it out and i refused unless you came with me so i dragged you along with me and you tripped up when i had pushed you down and then we lost our way and there was something following us and we ended up here after running away. ok? that's just incase anyone asks us which i'm sure they will.' ginny offered not that it was an offer really.

Ivy started to agree, knowing that Ginny was looking for a yes but then stopped, realizing something. "Hey, wait a minute. Let's back the bus up a little. This story kind of says that it was your fault. I don't want you to get in trouble because I goofed off into the forest. Seriously, thats a really good story but it points at you and no way am I letting you take all the blame!!' Ivy argued.

'look, if we do it your way, than we're both going to egt in trouble. at least this way, i only get in trouble. and don't think about arguing or i'll alter your memory so you can't argue and that can have so nasty affects so i wouldn't suggest arguing,' Ginny lied. she was a good liar. 'There's no way i'm letting you take the blame anyway.'Ginny added. 'It's better with me because atleast then, you don't egt your reputation ruined.'

Ivy sighed and took a deep breath. "Look, honestly, I can't let you do that because...because....because..."Ivy trailed off trying to think of reasonable excuses. Ivy threw her hands up in the air in frustration and gave up. "Fine! Have it your way......god... just didn't want to get you in trouble.....ugh.."Ivy sighed again, not accepting her defeat.

'Good,' ginny said full of winning joy. ''But that's only if anyone asks.'she reminded her. they stepped out onto the grass and Ginny cut off her wand, shoving it in her pocket. she let her eyes get accustome to the dark again. 'are you warm enough?'she asked. Ginny was warm but she didn't know if Ivy was. she was shivering slightly but she didn't know if it was shock or coldness.

"Ya, ya I know, I won't tell untill someone asks!"Ivy exclaimed. She shivered a little and blinked ask Ginny put her wand away. "No, i'm alright, just the forest gave me a little chill to the bone..."Ivy replied. Just then Ivy noticed a lean figure in the enterance of the castle. She panicked and motioned to Ginny in the way of the castle. Ivy asked with her eyes what to do, not trusting her voice.

'What?' Ginny asked before turning and seeing the tall figure in the castle entrance. 'Right. Figures doesn't it. Lets just go. Do you know if there's a back way in?'Ginny asked.

Ivy started to shake her head, but then stopped thinking hard. "I think I remember my dad telling me that there is a secret enterance at the back of the school when he was a kid, and you opened it somehow.."I trialed off trying to remember. "I think I can find the spot" She told Ginny with cpnfidence,"Follow me although be prepared to use your wand." With that Ivy headed for the back of the school, the castle towering on them.

'Sure. There's also one from the lake but i have no idea where it is,' Ginny added when she was following Ivy.

"Really?" Ivy asked intrigued. As they made their way to the back of the castle, ivy kept wondering if they were being watched. She was having a feeling of dread at the pit of her stomach but was trying very hard to ignore it. "Hmm....I think this is it, Ginny do you know any unlock charms?" Ivy asked getting to business.

'What?Unlock a door? hmm. I don't kno.i haven't actually tried it yet but i have it somewhere,' Ginny said dishing round in her pocket for some parchment. 'Aha. here we go. Alohomora. right.' ginny pointed her wand at the door lock and only concentrating on that. 'Alo-homora'shesaid clearly and heard as the dorr clicked open. 'Yes,' she punched the air and shoving the parchment in her pocket along with her wand. 'In we go then,' she said holding the dorr open and grinning.

Ivy smiled at Ginny's victory and sighed in relief. "Thank God I remembered this entry and thank god you have some serious magic skills" Ivy tried for a small joke. She went in and held the door open for Ginny. It was dark around then so Ivy tried out one of the few spells she knew. "Lumos" Ivy chanted with sincerity. The tunnel instantly brightened as Ivy lead the only way out. There was another door at the end and Ivy was sure that an unlocking spell wouldn't open it. She racked her brain for a password that she knew her dad had mentioned. " Ginny, what could you think could be the password?" Ivy asked biting her lips. If they say the wrong word, there could be bad side effects.

'I don't know,'shrugged ginny when Ivy asked ehr. 'The one for the lake is angelfish so it would be something like that i guess.'Ginny thought aloud.

"Hmmm..." Ivy thought long and hard. Finally she had an idea. "I think that the place this corridor leads to has something to do with the password so that only people familiar with Hogwarts would be able to enter. Ivy searched for the map of hogwarts she carried long ago when she was only starting first year. She searched on the map for any clues. "Well, I think we were under hte north tower when we entered and I remember curving just to the lest. And I'm pretty sure that we ae still on the ground floor. Aha....we are near the great hall" Ivy announced." What could be something htat is related to the great hall?"Ivy asked listing the possible words in her head.

'Food! Right, no, umm. What about the sorting? halloween?'Ginny offered thinking through all the things that happened in the great hall.

"ya, there are tons of possiblites."Ivy sighed. " but I think that the most important is when we have like improtant is when we have grand feasts and important balls and stuff like that." Ivy mused. " could it be magical meetings, grand feasts...umm.....holiday balls?" Ivy tried one after the other. "Holiday Balls" She chanted. nothing..."Grand feasts" still nothing..."ugh" how about "Holiday Magic" Ivy tried. Then, something weird happened. The door just disappeared, and an opening was created as if the door wasn't there. "YES!" Ivy pounded her fist into the air in vicotry. " we have to remember that she told Ginny. "you first" Ivy motioned.

'Sure.'Ginny agreed as she walked thorugh the passage. she pulled out her wand. 'Lumos' she whispered, her light filling the new passage. she stopped a metre or so in though waiting for ivy. 'what was the password again?'

"Holiday magic.." Ivy mused." kind of a weid password...." She followed Ginny through the door way and watched in fascination as the door reappeared and solified. Ivy also lit her wand; the corridor was eztremely dark. Hoping that there weren't any professors on night patrol, she whispered, "do you want to head towards the common room?" ivy wanted to avoid going to the hospital wing but she knew that she was going to have to since she had a huge gash and possibly a broken wrist. She didn't want to remind Ginny, praying htta she would forget about it.

'Yeah..Wait a sec. Are you avoiding the hospital wing by any chance?'she asked, a smirk appearing on her face. Like me, she thought.

Ivy smiled sheepishly, caught in her act, "Ya, I am", she admitted. Ivy wondered if Ginny was going to make her go.

'Hey, no worries. I don't have to go in with you if you don't want to be embarrassed,'Ginny joked. 'But I'll be dragging you there to the dorr. There's no way i'm letting you limp your whole life,' Ginny laughed.

Ivy groaned; she knew that she was in for it. " If you drag me to the door, I'm dragging you inside." Ivy retorted." NO way am i facing the nurse alone..." [-( Ivy fake glared at Ginny, getting the point across.

'There, there,' Ginny joked, patting Ivy on the head. 'I won't let the big nurse kill you ,'she joked again playfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back