Exploring the unknown..

Ivy Black

Ivy was always intrigued by new things, always fascinated to do things that were unusual or that bent the rules. Excited, she head towards the forest on saturday night, wanting to explore. Ivy took out her wand, although it was rather useless as she didn't know alot of defence spells.

Ivy aimlessly walked around, occasionally stopping to examine footprints or interesting looking plants. She sighed when she realized that she had lost her way. Oh no, she thought, how am I going to get out of this one?Ivy sat there, starting to get afraid of the consequences by the proffessers if they found out. She hoped somecame on this path and helped her.

Ginny was out in the lake when she heard a wolf howl from the forest. She surfaced and took her wand out from her pocket, grabbing her shoes as she went. 'Lumos' she whispered. SHe noticed there were footprints, small ones, leading into the forest. Oh no, she thought. She stepped on the outskirts. 'hello?' she called. 'Anyone out there?'

Ivy heard a faint call from somewhere at the edge of the forest. She recognized it to be Ginny's voice. Happy and releives that it was Ginny and not someone else, she answered "HEY GINNY, ITS ME, IVY!!!!". Ivy heard the faint rustle of bushes around her. Scared, Ivy ran towards Ginny's voice and tripped over fallen branches. "OOOWWWWW!!"

Ginny heard Ivy's voice shouting from deeper in the forest. Then she heard her scream ow. Ginny jumped and started running to where she had heard the sound, jumping the branches that got in her way. she noticed she had chosen the most unused path and she shuddered when she remembered this to be the path her year had chosen to take. 'Ivy?Where are you now?' she asked stopping and turning round to try and see her. she had gone preety deep in now. Surely she can't of gone deeper, she thought to herself.

"I'm right here!" , Ivy hoarsly replied. "Ginny, can you hear me?", Ivy inquired at the top of her lungs. Ivy shuddered at the cold wind rushed at her. She waited in her spot for Ginny to reach her.

Ginny heard Ivy's hoarse voice from the east of her. she walked slowly. she moved her wand back and forth before seeing ivy. she ran to her. 'Ivy? Are you alright?' she asked, helping her up onto her feet.

Ivy sighed in relief as she saw Ginny rushing to help her. She was trembling and shaking with fear and coldness. Ivy nodded her head when Ginny asked her if she was alright. So far, she only had a gash on her knee and her hand was numb so she had probably broken it. Ivy pulled up her pants to examine the injury on her knee and held up her hand to Ginny, indicating that it was hurting.

Ginny saw the gash on ivy's knee, glad that was it but when she signalled her hand hurt, she almost did a backflip literally. she took a deep breath and put a stern face on. she was mad. 'What were doing walking into the forest without anyone else?' she nearly shouted. 'do you know how dangerous it is? didn't you not listen when alicia said it was forbidden?'

Ivy nodded her head, ashamed and embarassed. "ya, but I just wanted to explore you know, I was feeling lonely so I decided to do something exciting. At first I was thrilled but then I got lost and scared. I'm really sorry Ginny, for making you come here to help me....."Ivy trailed off, also wanting to apologize the incident in the common room with Estrella. She tried to avoid Ginny's peircing gaze, face flushed with guilt and regret.

ginny breathed in deeply and spun round on the balls of her feet. 'Never come in here again unless you're with a proffessor, understand?Promise?'she asked calming down a lot and facing her again.

Ivy glanced up at Ginny, seeing that she had calmed down a little. "Ya...I promise, I wouldn't come in here alone again even if u gave me a million galleons...." Ivy tried for a half joke...wanting to cheer up the atmosphere.

ginny sighed a sigh of relief. 'Good. thank you. lets see your hand then,' she said taking her hurt hand in her gently.

Ivy took a a deep breath and realized that she had been holding it. She held up her hand as Ginny examined it, praying that it wasn't broken. But she had the feeling of dread deep in her stomach and knew that she was going to have to pay the hospital wing a visit.

'how bad does it hurt on a scale of 1 to 10?' she asked as she felt the bones. it wasn't broken as far as she could tell. Just sprained probably, she thought to herself.

Ivy thought hard about the question," Probably around a 7", She answered, scared of the outcome of this mess. "Do you think i"m going to have to go to the hosptital wing?" Ivy asked weakly, They will ask where I have been and how this happened and I will get into trouble, she thought miserably.

'I don't know. it's probably just a sprain but if the pain's that bad then maybe you should. your hand insn't broken though, if that's what uou're thinking but your wrsit might be,' ginny replied. she didm't want ivy to get in trouble though and she could detect the panic in her eyes.

Ivy relaxed a little but then went into full panic mode "I just realized something, how are we going to get out of here?" Ivy asked weakly. "How are we going to get out of this one?"

'realax, chill. Panic isn't very good for the soul you know,' ginny said playfully. she knew where they were roughly. all they had to do was go west to find the path again. 'Luckily you choose the path which my freinds choose on a dare i did not too long ago. You can walk can't you?'ginny asked.

Ivy nodded for the third time that day, feeling loss of words. Ivy visibly relaxed and started to get curious. "What was the dare about?"

Ginny stiffened up and walked westward aming sure that ivy was following. she didn't say anything for a while. 'It was a stupid dare. i warned them it would bring bad luck but they decided to do it anyway and ended up with injuries. i was the only one who came out unscathed by injuries. That's why i get so angry when people like you think it's fun to come in here for a dare or something,' ginny confessed quietly.

Ivy's guilt soared to its peak whe she heard that." I'm sorry, I didn't know that...." Ivy trailed off, speechless" She followed Ginny through the forest, partially limping.

ginny listened to ivy's footsteps before noticing she was limping bit. 'Do you want a lift?' she asked politely, stopping to face her.

"No its alright, I'm fine", Ivy replied. And when Ginny gave her a doubtful look, she added, "Really." Ivy didn't want to feel like a burden or like a little troublemaker always needing help. She put on a mask of confidence and tried to walk confidently, hoping that it would fool Ginny.

Ginny sighed and chuckled to herself as she watch Ivy put on a mask and tried to walk evenly . 'i really think you need a lift and we'd get there a lot faster too,' she said walking behind her.

Ivy gave in utterly exhausted of walking. She let Ginny give her a lift.

((OCC: sorry i got to go..i'll be back on in half an hour))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back