'Exploring' lol

Hollie Ridley

Wand
'Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather'
Hollie ran down the steps of the castle and out into the grounds. She made her way over to the edge of the Forbidden Forest.
I wonder why it's forbidden? she mused, sitting down and gazing in amongst the trees. It doesn't look scary from here. But she wasn't going to enter it; she knew better than to break the rules in her first year.
She looked around, waiting to see if Laura had followed her.

Hollie grinned.
"Fab idea," she said, getting to her feet. "Ok, so let's begin!" She made her way along the edge of the forest, scouting the trees for something interesting. "Oh my gosh, there's the mistletoe that Rambolt showed us in H'bology!" she said, pointing inside the forest.
I wonder if we'll see any animals, or something thrilling? she thought, as she peered into the darkness.

Hollie continued scouring the forest for any sight of movement, but there was none. She was just about to suggest to Laura that they either give up or go further in and be a bit rebellious when she heard a twig crunch.
What the heck was that? she thought, whipping around and gazing in all directions. Then she saw it. A hoof mark. Hollie's eyes widened.
"Laura, I know we haven't done Care of Magical Creatures yet, but this looks like a Centaur's footprint - I read about them in a book I bought! Do you think there might be a centaur around here?"
And naturally, she began looking.

[[Lol rather random but i thought we had to get started on the actual 'trauma' lol :p Anyway, this is random but what website did you use to make you're picture?? (the halloween one :p) ]]

[I used Madam Malkin's canbybar dollmaker. If you type it into Google, it should come up.]

Laura looked down at the hoofprint, and realised that Hollie may just be right.

"A-a centaur?!" she cried, and drew her wand, on the edge. She kept close to Hollie, not wanting to feel alone as they went deeper into the forest.

Hollie glanced around her, and drew her wand as well. I don't know that much magic, but I'll just yell the first spell that comes to mind if we see anything that looks like it'll attack she thought, as she and Laura ventured further in. Hollie waited for another noise, but none came.
"What shall we do?" she whispered to Laura. They were now so deep into the forest she had to strain to see the quidditch rings in the distance.

[[thanks ;)]]

Hollie copied and lit her wand, gazing around as if in a terrified trance.
"I've read about centaurs," she said, carefully, turning slowly 360[sup]o[/sup] degrees to look for further clues. "The book said they can be OK, but if you get on the wrong side of them they'll be violent. And apparently they prefer to have nothing to do with humans." She glanced over at Laura, to see what her friend made of this information.

[[Yeh ok, i don't know how to do that, dya wanna pm one of them and ask? Soz I didn't know you could do that XD]]

[[Good idea (y) they need more info about each other]]

"Yeh," Hollie whispered, horsely. She gazed around, before turning to Laura. "So," she began, making the effort to distract both of them from the surroundings, "dya have any siblings? Are any of them of magical ability?" She knew it was random, but oh well, it kept them talking and distracted.

Hollie smiled.
"Good," she said, remembering the clash between her and her siblings. "My sister, Shelby, and I are so different, and we don't get on at all!" she laughed. "But I guess there's a part of me that misses her..." she paused, glancing around them again. "Shall we sit down?" she gestured to a soft patch of green grass about 3 feet away.
"So, anyway, where abouts in Ireland do you live? What primary school did you go to? Tell me everything."

Laura sat down on the grass that Hollie indicated, but still keeping her wand out.

"I live in County Cork, way down in the south. In a little village called Belgooly. I went to the local Muggle school, because my mum wanted me to. In a way, that made it harder for me to leave to come to HNZ, because I had so many friends. But there's nothing I can do about that. I've made so many new friends here. "

"So what about you?" she asked, once she had finished her little speech.

Hollie took a seat beside Laura, her wand tightly in her hand.

"Well, I live in Christchurch, England, and went to the Christian primary school, which was small yet friendly with good community and lovely teachers. We were like a big family." she smiled at the memory. "My best friend was called Lauren - we were like glued together, but that's changed now, obviously. It was exciting but really hard coming to HNZ, 'cause I had to leave all my dudes behind. But it's definitely worth it!" she said, beaming. "I mean, I kinda - " she paused, suddenly feeling shy. It sounded twee, but oh well... "- value you like I did Lauren. I mean, it seem that you've kinda filled the hole that she left..." Hollie tailed off, going red with embarrassement. She looked down and played with the grass, aware of the silence. Please let her say something... It didn't help that Lauren and Laura were similar names, either, although that had nothing to do with it!

Laura listened to Hollie, nodding interestedly. But when she heard what Hollie said last, her heart leapt with joy.

"I mean, I kinda value you like I did Lauren. I mean, it seem that you've kinda filled the hole that she left..."

Laura smiled. That was the most wonderful thing she had ever heard.

"If I was honest, you're kinda the same for me and my friends," she said slowly, twirling her wand around, scared her voice would stutter. "They meant a lot to me, and you do too."

Hollie beamed; she could feel the smile spread across her face all the way to her ears. She must have looked like a right idiot.
"Thanks!" she gushed, gratefully. "I know exactly what you mean. And Hogwarts has changed me to, not just my friendship group. I mean, I was never this outgoing before. I was practically part of the furniture!" she laughed, remembering her old self and what was different.

Just as Hollie said that she heard a noise, like a twig cracking. Leaping to her feet she jumped around, wand at the ready. There was nothing to be seen.
"Did you hear that?" she whispered, looking at Laura.

((I'm just gonna Rp the centaur; Ferra doesn't seem to be coming.))

Laura too had jumped up at the noise, her eyes alert and wary.

"I heard it too," she whispered, before a whinny came from behind them.

A magnificent centaur galloped into the clearing, his hair and flank a deep chestnut. Upon spotting the two girls, he whinnyed in anger.

"What are you doing here?!" he cried, glancing from girl to girl, "Don't you know that you are forbidden to enter this forest?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back