Experimenting

"Of course I'm going to get you something! So not another word about it!" she said waving her finger at Kiera. Kat then turned to Caysi and said, "Well I hope things work out the way you want them to," fighting back the lump forming in her throat she quickly continued, "You'll have to tell me later...when we don't have listening ears!" She grinned at her friend.

" Well that is a surprise my friend." She said to Kiera letting her Irish accent take over. " If I told you, you wouldn't be surprised on your birthday." She said taking her hair dye out then towel drying it. She really liked her hair but she liked Kiera and Kat's more.

Caysi smiled. " I really like your's Kiera and you too Kat!". Caysi still had a couple boxes of hair dye left in this bag and said " Guys what if we did my hair totally blonde, and highlights?" She asked her friends.

"Thanks! Your's looks good too! Both of you." Kat agreed with a smile as she dried her hair, which was now bright purple. "Oooooo!! We should totally make it all blonde. I loved your hair when it was blonde!" she said to Caysi a little overly zealous.

Caysi looked at the blonde bottle, there wasn't enough of it. " Well how about black hair with some highlights?". She asked for the opinion of her friends.

"Sounds even better!" Kat agreed with Caysi. If someone would have told her two years ago that she would be dying her hair purple, she would have laughed them out of town, but since she'd been in school something about her changed. She was definitely a new Kat, but she liked the change she'd seen in herself over the last year or so. "So...my turn to apply some color to your hair!" Kat said, rubbing her hands together almost villain like.

Caysi shook her head with laughter. " Oh my Kat." Caysi looked through her other boxes of colors. " How about a dark brown then we can apply the highlights again, sorry guys..I keep changing my mind!" Caysi said. " Yeah that's what we shall do." Caysi handed Kat all the hair dye that she would need. Purple, Red, Blonde and Dark Brown. She sat down and said " Do your worst." She giggled.

Caysi giggled. " Well, both of you...do your worst." Caysi flashed a big smile and was ready for her friends to dye her hair.

Kat took one of the boxes from Kiera, prepared the solution and began to apply the gook to Caysi's hair. Once she was done she said, "My sides complete!" She threw the empty applicator bottle into the rubbish bin and went to sit down on the floor to wait for Caysi's color to set. "Okay Kiera so seriously...can't you think of anything that you might want for your birthday? It'll make shopping loads easier. Please give me one little hint of what you want." she said to her friend with a mock pouty face.

Kiera grinned as she worked on her side of Caysi's hair. She finished just a little after Kat did. Kiera copied her and threw away the trash. She laughed as she looked at Kat's pouty face after the birthday question. She frowned. "Well I dont really know. I dont have too much magical stuff just mostly muggle. Anything from the wizarding world I most likely dont have." she confessed.Kiera did not know what to tell her friend she wanted for her birthday.

Caysi smiled and looked up at her friends, she had a lovely surprise for Kiera. Caysi looked from both at them like a tennis court. Caysi smiled and kept quiet.

Caysi giggled and gave an evil grin. " You know I always have something." She giggled and smiled, she'd never tell her secret until Kiera's birthday.

Caysi grinned devilishly. She got up and walked around back and forth. " If I tell you, then you tell me everything and I mean everything that Mr. Cameron Kingsley has said about and anything with him that applies with me." She said smiling.

" He doesn't have to know does he?" She asked Kiera, Caysi had a devilish grin on her.

Kat was sitting there quietly listening to her friends and giggling when appropriate. Suddenly there was an owl at the window, it was her mothers owl...Inidigo. She wrinkled her forehead, feeling a little worried now. Maybe something was wrong with Serena, what if she'd gotten worse. Kat opened up the little piece of parchment and read the note from her mum.

Dearest Kat,

I was just wanting to write to let you know that Serena has gotten to come home from the hospital.  She's doing much better and they thought that she could heal just as well at home now.  She said that she'd write to you sometime next week once she gets a bit more strength built back up.  We all love you very much sweetheart!

Love
Mum, Daddy, and Rena

Kat felt a flood of relief over her. She stood up and looked at her friends who were still going back and forth at each other and smiled. "It's from my mum!" she said as she held up her letter, "Serena's home from the hospital!" Kat turned to leave and then added, "I'm going to head back up to the common room and send a reply, but I will catch up with you two later on!" With that she took off on at a sprint for the seventh floor.

Caysi smiled. " Alright Kat, see you later!" She smiled back at Kiera. " Well what do you think Ms. Kingsley?" She asked Kiera.

" Bye Kat!" She said when her friend was leaving. " Well he doesn't have to know now does he?" She smiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back