Exams and Grading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia Barker

Founder
Exams will be posted on Monday, August 25 for all classes! You will have until Wednesday, August 27 to complete your Exams! Then you will have your final grades for the year.

Failing:
Some of you will be failing a class unless you post your make up work. If you fail a class, you are still "safe". If you fail three or more classes (typically, your final grade will be determind by your average grade) you may be "held back" and repeat your current grade. Failing one class, however, will not only drop your overall grade for the year, but it will also make it more difficult for you to continue a class after OWLS*.

Exams are very important and might save a failing grade, since the exams are worth over half your overall grade. Skipping an exam could result in failing!

If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to let me know! Good luck to everyone!

***EDIT*** In saying that an exam is worth over half your grade I'm afraid that most people are misunderstanding me. It is averaged higher so that it impacts your grade more. In the overall scheme of things (percentage), the exam is only worth 30% of your grade. So, it's worth more than your lessons in the fact that it can determine a pass or fail. By simply doing an exam and nothing more, you will have a 30% T for the year. 50% is the lowest grade you can have in order to pass a class. I hope this helps.

Failing one class, however, will not only drop your overall grade for the year, but it will also make it more difficult for you to continue a class after OWLS*.

When do we do OWLS then?

OWLs, just as in the novels, are in fifth year.
OWLs are:
Ordinary
Wizarding
Level
examinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back