Evacuate the Dance Floor

Alastair sat up fully now, never breaking his eye contact with Lindsay. Even though looking into those emerald eyes made his heart hurt, what if he never got to look into them again? He quickly shoved that idea out of his head; there was no way in hell he was going to let Lindsay fall though the cracks of his life with something that was easily fixed. With the look of confusion on her beautiful features Alastair knew that she didn’t remember anything from last night, or at least not the parts that lead to where they were at right now; in his opinion the most important parts.

Alastair listened to what the last thing Lindsay remembered was. He nodded his head, everything after that was the important parts that lead to where they were at right now, there was going to be a lot to fill her in on. Alastair had the idea that he had the perfect opportunity to twist everything around and make the situation less awkward for the two of them. Now he could change the story so that he didn’t have to tell Lindsay that they both declared their love for each other. Then again he didn’t want to have to hide his feelings from Lindsay for any longer than he already had. The feeling of relieve that he felt when he woke up in the morning was far too great to have to hide up again for Merlin knew how long. “I apparated us back here when you wanted to go home...as to how we got here...” he said referring to the bed he felt a bit embarrassed having to say it out loud. “Well...you know.” he said rolling his hand, hoping Lindsay would get the jist of what he was getting at.

Lindsay sat up too as Alastair did. She clung the covers to her bare chest, though really it was useless. Obviously, he had already seen her bare chest and every other part of her body bare. She looked at him, waiting for the explaination that was surely coming. More than likely, she had just been too hard to resist last night while she was intoxicated. The blonde really couldn't think of any other reason as to why he would have slept with her. She actually regretted that she couldn't remember it since more than likely it was the only time she was going to get to do that. It would have been nice to remember making love with the man she loved.

Her emerald eyes stared at him blankly as he spoke. He was not helping her remember anything. In fact, he didn't even tell her how they ended up sleeping together. Lindsay wondered if he was embarassed or even worse, that he regretted it and considered it a mistake. She felt the emotions swirling in her head, clouding up her vision. What if he just vanished from her life? Lindsay wasn't sure that she could handle a loss like that again. Alastair was the one who helped her out of her last depression. She shook her head once more. "I'm afraid I really don't." she said in her musical voice. "What happened last night?" she asked once more.

With his mind dead set on not lying to Lindsay and telling her everything that happened last night Alastair let a sigh escape from his lips. He knew he had to tell Lindsay, not only for him, but for her. Alastair knew that Lindsay deserved the right to know what she had said and done last night, he just hoped that it wouldn’t back fire in his face. This was probably the hardest thing he ever had to do. Last night he thought that everything was finally going to turn out right for him. The woman he loved had returned his feelings and they ‘sealed the deal’ in a way that was just too perfect for Alastair, the night of love making was passionate but unlike most other peoples drunken hook ups, it was filled with love between the two people. Now Lindsay was never going to remember it.

When Lindsay confirmed that she really didn’t remember last night Alastair cast his eyes down for a moment to think how he could explain the night to Lindsay. Remembering about the picture he had taken last night his face lit up for a moment as he reached over the side of the bed to reach for his trouser pocket. Finding his camera he took it out and turned it on. It wasn’t hard to find the picture he wanted as it was the last picture on his camera. With it in front of him he took a breath. “So the last thing you remember is dancing. Well during that, this happened.” he said anxiously as he passed the camera to Lindsay so she could see the picture of the two making out at the club. As he let Lindsay take in the picture he went on to explain the rest of the night, from apparating them from the club to the house, then from the front door to the bedroom. “But then I stopped, not because I didn’t want too, I did. It’s just I knew that something like this would happen and I wanted to make sure you wanted to do and not make it look like I was just taking advantage of you because it was far from that. You mean more to me Lindsay than just your veela charm and I know how it may seem when things like this happen, but it was more than that.” he said with earnest, wanting to make sure that she didn’t think that everything that happened last night was a result of her veela charm on him. He gave Lindsay a moment to let what he had just said sink in, it was probably a lot for someone who didn’t remember it but he thought it a good idea to take a breather now before going on to the big part.

Lindsay looked bewildered at Alastair as he reached over and pulled something out of his pants pocket. He carefully handed it over to her. She studied it carefully. It displayed a very happy Lindsay full out kissing Alastair. Lindsay's mouth popped open in surprise. "Oh." she said, still looking at the pictures. Had she really been drunk enough to reveal her true feelings and kiss her best friend? The answer was yes, she had been.

Lindsay listened to Alastair's tale, feeling more and more ashamed of herself. Her actions had been beyond reprieve and it was quite possible she had ruined the best friendship she had ever been a part of. Al was the one she turned to when she had good news and the one who's should she cried on when she was having a bad day. She looked at him sheepishly. "I'm so sorry I did this to you." she said, ashamed. Lindsay hoped Alastair would still be her friend even though it was obvious they had sex. "How did I change your mind if it wasn't my being a Veela?" she asked curiously. It was obvious she had done something to wavier his resolve.

Alastair began to feel sick with nerves as he revealed more and more of what had happened last night to Lindsay. No matter what he told her she wasn’t remembering any of it; the picture didn’t even jog her memory. He was starting to run out of things to tell her and he was beginning to feel that telling her about the three little words may not be the best idea. In a way it was a selfish reasoning. If he did tell her the words she told him then he may find out that it had just been the drink talking the way the drink had done all of the actions. In a way he knew he had to tell her everything that had happened as she deserved to know it. Then again on the other hand he didn’t want to tell her so he could hold on to the idea that somewhere, deep down, that she did love him as more than a friend. He knew that he couldn’t keep it from her no matter how much he did.

Alastair looked up at Lindsay, he could see the look in her eyes and knew that this had all been a horrible mistake. He didn’t know whether their friendship could be salvaged or not, he hoped so. Lindsay was his best friend and even though he had feelings for her he would rather have her as a friend than loose her as a lover. “Please Lindsay, don’t apologise. If anything it was my fault, I should have stopped it before it went too far.” he said shaking his head. He had told himself last night that they were going too far but when she had told him that she loved him he didn’t know what came over him but all rationality left him. Then came the question he was dreading. He had ignored it long enough and he knew he had to tell her. “Well you….you said that you well…you told me you loved me!” he said, finally just blurting it out in the end. He wanted to look away from Lindsay but his eyes were locked on her emerald orbs, wanting to take in her whole reaction to see if there was the tiniest of glimpse that it might be true.

Lindsay watched Alastair intently. She didn't know what she had done but she could see the nervousness in Al's eyes and voice. She knew him almost as well as she knew herself. They shared everything, thoughts, dreams, and wishes. The only thing Lindsay kept from her best friend was her deep feelings from him. Lindsay could tell he was very reluctant to tell her what she needed to hear. Was their friendship going to be okay? Or had whatever she done ruined her best friendship?

Lindsay gasped in shock as he practically shouted at her that she had said she loved him. Her green eyes widened in shock. How could she have been so stupid to reveal her secret?! Lindsay felt tears forming in her eyes. This was much worse than she thought. This would destroy their friendship. Lindsay had broken all the rules by professing love that she had for him. Lindsay hung her head, hiding between her blonde tresses. "Oh no..oh no no no!" she said into her hands. "Why did I do that? I ruined everything! Why can't I keep secrects." she said, tears flowing from her emerald eyes.

Alastair didn’t know what reaction he was going to get from Lindsay. By the way she had reacted to everything else this morning he had a feeling in the bit of his stomach that everything that was said last night had been a lie, not an intentional one but a lie nonetheless. Well everything Lindsay had said was a lie as Alastair spoke only the truth last night, more truth than he had to Lindsay for sometime now. Alastair wasn’t too sure what he was going to do now. He could easily not tell Lindsay that he had returned the feelings but then again that might easily blow up in his face, he didn’t know what he was going to do to be honest. When Lindsay heard his words, Alastair watched her closely; her reaction was not one that he had expected.

He watched her closely as she buried her head in her hands and started crying. Then he heard something that he hadn’t expected. Secrets?! Does that mean…? He wondered for a moment. He slowly reached out his hand and pushed some of her hair behind her ear. As he wiped away a few tears he shook his head. “You haven’t ruined anything, far from it.” he told her, his voice soft as he tried to reassure her. “You don’t remember anything from last night so you can’t remember what I said after that.” he told her with a smile playing on his lips. “I love you too!” he told her with earnest to show that his words were nothing but true.

Lindsay flinched slightly as she felt Alastair's tender fingers brushing away the wetness that fell from her eyes. She was scared to look at him in fear of humiliation and rejection. How could he touch her so casually when she had just told her darkest secret to him? Her green eyes peeked up at him as she hear him say she hadn't ruined anything. Well of course she had! What was he talking about? His voice was kind and soft, reassuring. He did not look angry, upset, or distressed about her confession. Lindsay turned her head slightly as he said she didn't remember what he had said to her after that. She froze, waiting to see what it was he had said.

Shock flashed across Lindsay's face as Alastair said he loved her back. She swore her heart stopped beating. How could he love her with all he knew about her? Al knew that she had a child and had been broken by that child's father's death. She had so much emotional baggage she was lugging around with her and yet, he loved her. She stared at him incrediously, her emerald eyes wide. "You...love...me?" she marveled outloud. It sounded so odd but yet like it fit. A wide smile spread across her face as the words sunk in. She leaned in and kissed him, not thinking about what she was doing. She wanted to remember the taste of his lips on hers this time.

[color=5b5b5b]Alastair enjoyed the electric feeling he got as he touched Lindsay soft skin. His eyes never left her emerald orbs as he told her the way last night pretty much ended before the obvious part of the story kicked in. He was nervous about telling her but he didn’t know why. He knew that she did love him and that everything she said last night was true but he couldn’t shake this feeling. He knew that after he confessed his love for her everything between them would be different, they couldn’t go back to being just friends and Alastair couldn’t bare to lose Lindsay if something didn’t work out between them. Not that he would ever let anything happen between them for her loved her too much to ever hurt her. Once he told her his true feelings for her he watched her face show nothing but complete and utter shock.

He nodded his head in reassurance when she questioned him again and when he felt her lips against his once more he moved his hand around her waist pulling her closer. It was even better than their first kiss because now there was no way that Lindsay would forget it and they both knew where they stood with their feelings. Regrettably he pulled away, a smile beaming on his face. “It’s not that hard to believe you know. I mean what’s not to love? You’re my best friend, you’re one of the kindest, sweetest, funniest, most beautiful people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing.” Between each word he gave her a small butterfly kiss, knowing that he could get used to this.

Lindsay moved closer to Al as he willed her to do so by pulling her closer to him. Their bodies were once again touching now that Lindsay was no longer frightened or scared of what had happened the night before. She knew he shared her feelings of love and everything was perfect between them. Lindsay grimaced slightly as Alastair broke away from her. However when she heard the reasoning behind it, she couldn't help but smile. Her smile was so wide and dazzling that she practically radiated with happiness. Her veela charm seemed to be hightened with her blissful state of being. She almost thought her skin was glowing.

"I feel the same way, you know." Lindsay told him, her green eyes sparkling down at him. She kissed him lightly on the nose. "I mean you love Bella and you don't mind that I have a child or that I'm part veela. You accept me for me. You've been my best friend for awhile now and I couldn't think of anyone who has a better heart than you. " she said, laughing as she kissed him again. Everything was so perfect in her world now it was almost too good to be true. The only question was where to go from here?

Alastair let his arms wrap around Lindsay as the two still sat in bed, enjoying just how easy it was to hold her in his arms, so close and not have to pretend that he was her friend anymore. For a while now he had always been more than a friend to her, well from his point of view anyway, and it was hell for him to be close to her, day in and day out and not let her know his feelings for him; everything was different now. Alastair’s eyes took in Lindsay’s beauty; something he had to admit was magnified this morning. It took all his will power to just not start kissing her passionately now and relive last night all over again, this time so she wouldn’t forget but he didn’t want to let the smallest hint of her veela charm affecting him now after this time and what he had just said.

He couldn’t help but continue to beam when Lindsay reiterated that she felt the same way, he knew it now but it was still like music to his ears. After he had said his part he listened to what Lindsay had to say and he could feel his heart swell with the love he felt for the woman in front of him. He kissed her again, as it seemed to say more than he could now at this point, not breaking apart for a bit longer than previous times. “It’s safe to say we’ve ruined our friendship now, haven’t we?” he said with an awkward laugh. Of course Lindsay was still his best friend but there was no way they could go back to being just friends now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back