OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 15 Inch Swishy Yew Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Zion was running his butt off, doing errands and training for Terror. But for right now, he was working with it and doing his best to make it through. He'd finished with his tasks for the day, so he'd grabbed a book he'd meant to read and walked about until he found a nice window to sit in. He'd read for a while, but after a bit a storm had rolled in and had captured his attention. He smiled softly, leaning his head back and watching the rain come down, the raindrops sliding down the glass. He loved storms, they were just calming. He was lost in watching the rain, not paying attention to much else around him.

Raafe had spent most of the afternoon so far meticulously describing what was going on outside the window to one of the portraits who was angled just so that they couldn't quite see it themselves. Somewhere between the description of the first raindrop and the fortieth, their gratitude seemed to have waned and Raafe could only watched bemusedly as the portrait made several hasty excuses about having somewhere to be before he was left chatting to an empty frame.

"You think it's stressful, being a magic painting?" He asked, having cast about the hallway for something more interesting and spotting one of his classmates perched by a window. "I bet they have wild parties in one of the landscapes or something," Raafe mused, fairly used to carrying on a conversation with someone who was reading, having grown up around Anisha.

Zion blinked, pulled out of his thoughts when he heard someone speaking. He blinked and looked over, offering a shy smile. He considered the question seriously. "I would," He offered after a few moments. "It's good that they aren't trapped in one place. At least with each other and the ever flowing change of the student body, they aren't lonely," He decided.

Raafe considered Zion's answer pensively, nodding eventually. "Probably boring after awhile, no wonder they sleep so much," he said. "We should set up a portrait book club, I bet they'd love it," he added, nodding to the book still in Zion's hands. "You read a lot?" Raafe was sure he'd seen Zion around in the library when he was with Anisha, but admittedly he'd never talked to much to him. "More of a fiction or a non-fiction guy? Let me guess you like... Long books about historical sea voyages," he said confidently, not even bothering to try and catch the title of Zion's book, enjoying the one he was making up in his head far more.

Zion chuckled. "Maybe they would, where would we hold it?" He asked, shifting to face his visitor a bit more. He shrugged at the question, and laughed a little as Raafe brought up seaside stories. "Well, maybe not historical," He countered. "But a pirate story is always fun, isn't it?" He laughed lightly. "Do you read much?"

"I think there's a big landscape on the second floor. I'm sure they could squeeze in," Raafe said with a shrug. He wasn't exactly sure how concerned with comfort portraits were. Or with reading for that matter. Did portraits get sore feet from standing all day?

"I was close, I have a nose for books," he said seriously, tapping his nose before shaking his head in response to Zion's follow up question. "Some, but not as much as people I know. My cousin reads roughly a library's worth of books a year so it's hard to call myself a reader in comparison. I've been informed I am excellent company while reading though, for what it's worth."

Zion chuckled. "Well, maybe we can ask them!" He offered. He shifted, leaning a bit more into the conversation. "And it's fine if you don't read as much as other people- its all about just enjoying yourself, honestly." He replied with an easy grin. He hesitated a moment before rubbing the back of his neck. "Hey, um- it's Raafe, right?" He asked. "Do you want to be friends?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back