Engagement Party

Leah Kain

OOC First Name
Pheebz
Leah came down the stairs of the old mansion wearing a blue dress , and walked down the garden path. There were balloons at the edge of the fences, and Leah could see Alex in a suit, talking to a few members of his family. Walked up to him with a smile, she showed she'd arrived, linking there arms together. They were engaged to be married. Leah began to welcome their guests.

She now had a small champagne glass in her hand, even though she was only seventeen. The crowd with her family just made her wish more her sister could have been here to see it too.

((Valkory dropped out of Beauxbatons a few months early but I figured we could say that they knew each other at Beauxbatons))

Valkory had been busy the past few months, having dropped out of Beauxbatons and joining a group of 'warlocks' as they were told to call themselves.
She had not kept in contact with most people from Beauxbatons but one friend had told her some interesting news;
Apparently, Leah Nevada was engaged.
Though Valkory had known Leah particularly well, they had gotten on alright at school and she thought it only right to not miss out on an opportunity to congratulate Leah.. or an opportunity to party.

(cool ^^ :) )

Leah caught sight from a girl at her school. She'd left and hadn't seen her since. "Valkory" she smiled, hugging her friend. "How are you doing?" she asked, admiring the girls hair. She handed Valkory a glass as a server was walking past them. "Have you met Alex?" she asked, tugging on his sleeve.

She turned her attention back to Walkory. "So what was it you joined?" She couldn't remember the name. She was curious as to how she was finding it. Did she regret leaving Beauxbatons?

Valkory smiled at Alex. He seemed like a nice enough guy; alright, not her sort exactly but nice enough.
"Oh," she said as Leah moved the conversation on, "Well.. It doesn't have a name yet but it's just a group for witches and wizards under 25 to join.." She was desperately trying to avoid mentioning the fact it revolved around the dark arts:
She herself was not a dark witch but something about it was very.. enticing.
"Well, you look amazing, I have to say." She smiled, looking Leah up and down.
She did look amazing. It was also a good oppurtunity to change the subject.
"Have you known each other very long? From what I'm aware, you're quite a new couple.. Is there another-" Valkory gave a light cough, her eyes drifting down to Leah's waist.
It wasn't bulgy at all.
"-reason for going so fast?"

Leah nodded listening to her new group or something. "Thanks" Any compliment went very deep to her, she liked to look good. When Val looked at her stomache, she wondered what she meant. "Oh right. No" she understood. She wasn't pregnant. "It's just well, we click," it was hard for her not to jump up and down in excitement. "You know what i mean? And with school almost ending, why not? We've known each other a few months, and there is still so much to learn, and the wedding won't be until the summer." She said, her eyes sparkling. She'd never known anyone quite like Alex before. "I guess we just want to start our life as soon as possible" and it was going to be brilliant.

Valkory smiled, pleased for Leah but she cast a sideways look at Alex.
She hadn't seen him before..
"So what school did he attend? Not a Durmy, I should hope." And Valkory giggled.
"I had a boyfriend from Durmstrang once. Great accent. And body. But very cheeky.."
Valkory realized she was rambling on, turned pink in the cheeks and shut up to allow Leah to speak.

Leah grinned back at her. She turned to glance in Alex's direction before answering. "He's a muggle." she said. What? There was nothing wrong with it. "He has a little brother Robert who's a third year Gryffindor though. His parents are muggle-born too." she said, keeping a straight face. She leaned forward so she could tell her privatly, "although what our children will turn out to be i will never work out" she laughed. She was a mixed blood herself.

(sorry i was so late starting here. Have just done invitations as well and the graphics request)

Alex was stunned by how Leah was looking today. "I love your dress" he whispered as she joined him. He was just talking to his sister Emily, when Leah decided to talk to what appeared to be her old school friend. He would never properly understand the wizarding world, but he knew the basics. "Hello. Nice to meet you" he grinned in the girls direction. He had to say her hair was pretty cool.

Letting go of Leah's arm, he sneaked off to look for this parents. They'd be round here somewhere. Maybe his brother even though he was against this idea all togther.

Valkory blinked at Leah for a moment but suddenly she found herself meeting Alex.
"Very nice to meet you." She said suddenly and awkwardly.
She didn't want to let them know how uncomfortable she felt right now and so she said nothing until Alex had snuck off.
"He's.. Does he know.. I mean.. How much about our world? Does he know about.." Valkory lowered her eyes, ever the drama queen.
"Does he know about Death Eaters?"
She said this so softly that only Leah could have heard.

Alex looked back to Leah and saw they had begun talking. He couldn't find his sister, or brother. He was begining to want food, and headed off in the direction of the white gazibo and BBQ. He smiled at his guest, and hoped they were enjoying themselves. He wondered how many people were due to arrive. He hoped his siblings had also brought his mates. He didn't ask his parents and Leah's for all this for nothing. The garden was still looking bare. Had it been any darker Alex would have probably started the fireworks, but for now he just drank his champagne, and staring off into the horizon.

Leah led Val away, so she could talk to her privatly. "Of course! He knows about our world. He has a partly magical family. And i may have had to ask my parents about this marriage but it doesn't mean im too young, and i also have enough magical ability to protect him should anything happen." she explained quietly. "I assure you, Alex even knows about you know, who" she didn't like talking about him. "Robert's told him everything. I spoke to him myself. Can't be too carful you know." she gave a stern look to Val, one that would show she knew what she was talking about and that she'd been thinking this obviously for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back