Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 9 1/2" Rigid Beech Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Signy had made quite the effort for this event, even if she was attending with someone whom she knew was just a friend. Tristan wasn't a good friend, but he was a friend, and they were prefects together. Without another date to an event like this she was keen to give it a try with him. Just to have some fun with a friend rather than standing around moping a little at all of the cute couples and groups of friends when she didn't have anything of the sort. So, when he'd asked her to the dance she'd jumped at the chance, and put in a bit of effort too. She'd chosen a dress that fitted with the day and the event itself, the dress fit perfectly suited to her body well. She'd liked the cut of the dress and especially because she could match it with some heels. She arrived at the dance before Tristan she'd started getting ready most of the way through the day, so Signy had been ready pretty early on. The teen was happy to wait, leaning a little on the wall behind her so that she wouldn't be standing too much in her heels but not putting too much pressure on the dress so that it would cress. Tristan would be there soon and she was happy to wait. It didn't matter what she'd heard about him, he'd always been nice and friendly to her and she could enjoy a fun evening with her prefect counter part.

Tristan hadn't been without a date at a dance at Hogwarts in years, so it was nice that he didn't have to go alone tonight either. As far as date's went, Signy was a really good choice. She was beautiful smart, friendly, and a prefect like him. They were only going as friends, but that didn't much matter. People would see them together and that was the important part. They would draw their own conclusions, and Tristan was fine with that. He entered the great hall and looked around until he saw her. His face split into a grin at the sight of her, she was wearing a beautiful dress that was also quiet eye catching. It was perfect. Tristan headed over to her, extending his hand. "My apologies for making you wait. You look absolutely stunning."

Signy was happy when she finally spotted Tristan, she didn't mind waiting for him, after all she'd been ready a little too early for this event. So when he finally approached she broke into an easy smile and kept her gaze on him. He looked nice and she was glad she'd really made an effort with this dress. The girl shook her head at what he said and blushed politely. She appreciated that he seemed to like what she was wearing, "You look handsome too," she returned with ease because he did. For all the things she might've heard about him, he was handsome. She wasn't really interested in him as more than just a friend but she could still appreciate that he'd been hit kindly by puberty. She held an arm out to him in a friendly fashion, holding hands seemed more intimate than she maybe wanted, "Can we dance?" she asked, she had a flowing skirt that would make it easy for her to move so she'd be happy to dance at the middle of the dance floor with him, if only to show off the skirt. Signy wasn't sure how Tristan or what Tristan liked to do at events like this, maybe he hated dancing, but she liked it, and she had to figure she could persuade the boy to dance at least once.

Tristan smiled as Signy called him handsome, and smoothly transitioned into holding her arm instead of her hand as if he barely noticed the change. It seemed like Signy wanted to keep her distance from him a little more, which was something to keep in mind for the rest of the evening. He definitely didn't want to push any boundaries and make her uncomfortable, as that would reflect badly on him. "I can't speak for you, but I think I can dance fairly well." He joked with a slight smile. "Let's go." He added as he started leading her to the center of the dance floor.

Signy smiled at him when he took her arm rather than hand, she liked Tristan enough but she didn’t think they were the hand holding sort of people. Or at least, Signy wasn’t. She walked purposefully, focusing a lot in not falling and kept a light grasp on his arm to keep herself steady. She found a good spot centered enough on the dance floor and smiled at him, turning to face him a little more and easily placing a hand on his shoulder and keeping a light expression, she was happy to let Tristan lead and just kept her gaze on his. It was nice, this was nice. Signy had always loved the way Xavier and her barely made these balls, enjoying the quiet company of the other, but she found that she did like this too. It was a different sort of nice, ”I think you dance very well,” the prefect said after a few moments, they’d just been dancing nice and slowly and he was clearly good. She didn’t want to ruin the moment by thanking him for inviting her so she didn’t know what else to say, ”I think I’ve gotten better at dancing in heels, I no longer totter about,” She had concentrated when walking, but dancing was easier and she felt more natural on heels now than before and likely more so than most.

Tristan could feel the girl grip his arm to steady herself and had to suppress a smirk. It was nice that she had worn heels for him even if she wasn't entirely comfortable walking in them. Somehow, he liked that a lot. She looked gorgeous, and the fact that she had done her best to look nice for him was a nice boost for his ego. They stopped on the center of the dance floor and turned to face each other. Tristan gently put his hands on her waist, keeping the touch light and casual. He didn't want to push anything, and Signy had made it clear that they were here as friends. He smiled when she said he danced well, raising his eyebrows a little. "You keep flattering me, Signy." He teased gently. "I'll start blushing soon." He added, laughing softly. As they turned slowly, Tristan kept an eye on the rest of the great hall, spotting Kauri with the minister's daughter. He had always suspected Kauri was ambitious the way he was, and this made him think so even more. He turned his attention back to Signy again, smiling. "I didn't even notice you found it difficult." He lied, smiling reassuringly. "You're very graceful tonight." He said softly. "How are you finding this year? It's strange to think we'll be near graduation soon."

Signy smiled easily at him when he said he might start blushing, she very much doubted that Tristan blushed but it was a nice thing to say. The hufflepuff spotted Andi in the crowd with that Slytherin boy that Signy had heard some things about but she focused more on dancing and on Tristan, he was certainly reassuring, she could appreciate the words and she was sure that she was finally doing better than most. She’d never likely be natural but she could appreciate that he thought she had some grace, ”Thank you Tristan, that’ll soothe my sore feet tomorrow,” she was joking, of course no compliment would help her feet feel less sore, but more she was trying to say that with him, it will have been all worth it. At the question she gave a little shrug, but kept a smile on her face, ”Hard, it’ll be odd to graduate but I’m looking forward to making my mark on the world,” Signy didn’t have the grandest of plans but she still had some and she hoped to work hard for them and in them, she also hardly wanted to talk about the boy she’d liked who’d left leaving her a little lonelier, this was a nice evening and Tristan definitely wouldn’t want to hear about her boy trouble. ”How about you?”

Tristan followed Signy's gaze and noticed her cousin, who he hadn't really talked to. But he knew they were related, as he made a point of knowing at least the basic things about his classmates. His nostrils flared a little as he saw Rory Fergusson with her, of all people. Tristan's lip curled a little in annoyance, but he quickly glanced away. He chuckles at Signy's joke. "I hope they won't be too sore, but the effect of the shows with the dress may be worth it, I think." He said, still teasing her a little. He nodded when she said it would be odd to graduate, but his face split into a genuine smile when she said she looked forward to making her mark on the world. It was like she took the words out of his mouth. "I feel exactly the same." He admitted to her. "I can't wait either... what are your plans?" He was curious to hear if they were similar to his own. "I plan to apply for a job at the ministry as soon as I can." He said, trying to sound confident about his chances. "I'm hoping to get into the department of international law, personally."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back