Wand
13 1/2 Inch, Straight, Larch Wood, Billywig Stinger Core, Sturdy
Full Name:
- Edwin Fessenden

Date of Birth:
- March 25th, 2031

Current Age:

Basic Appearance:
- Very short brown hair, straight but very messy, as if he forgets to brush it often.
- Rather round hazel eyes, covered by a pair of rather scratched up and dusty glasses
- Currently around 4'10" in height and 84 lbs in weight.
- Has a small burn scar on his right palm, from his one and only attempt to get into chemistry.

Personality:
- If one word could be used to describe Edwin, that word would be curious. The young man is constantly examining the world around him and attempting to find out new things. He is always trying to find something new to work on, be it an idea for a project or just a book to read, as he has trouble standing still. This lack of focus can occasionally interfere with his bouts of curiosity, but usually he is able to pay just enough attention to one thing at a time in order to stay safe. Though he isn't necessarily the smartest kid around, his curiosity and eagerness to learn help him to keep up. However, that also has come at the cost of him being very flighty, constantly moving his intense drive from one subject to another instead of focusing long enough to become truly proficient, a habit he will have to break in order to be a truly good student.
- While his broad range of interests help him to make acquaintances rather easily, he has a difficult time forming close friendships, as his curiosity and inquisitiveness often cause him to accidentally cross lines that he shouldn't. He struggles to make friends due to this, but those few friendships he makes tend to be incredibly close.
- Strangers generally end up unsure of how to deal with Edwin, due to him often being a bit too nosy for his own good. Typically they either get annoyed or try to humor him the best they can, though on occasion he runs into someone who is willing to tell him quite a bit.
- He has some self-awareness about his weaknesses, but has been unable to do much to curb them thus far. He is on some level hopeful that spending time away from home unlocking the secrets of magic will assist in finally putting some of his issues to rest in some way.
- He rather values people who are grounded and have a lot of self-control, since its something he can have a lot of trouble with and therefore he respects those who are capable of it.

Family:
- Frederick Fessenden: Father (age 51, Muggle)
- Amelia Fessenden: Mother (age 49, Muggle)
- Johnathan Fessenden: Brother (age 21, Muggle)

Pets:
- none at present, though he intends to purchase an owl for school, on the logic that it would be useful and something different from what he's used to, unlike cats or other pets.

Area of Residence:
- Wellington, New Zealand, in a rather small house that is rather split down the middle in decoration. The rooms dominated by his father and older brother was always incredibly neat, while the parts he and his mother spent more time in was rather disorganized and disheveled.

Blood Status:
- Muggleborn

Heritage:
- Frederick Fessenden is a Muggle who works for a small business in Wellington, handling PR. He was born in Canada and met his wife while studying abroad in New Zealand. The two eventually got married after their graduations and settled down in Wellington.
- Amelia Fessenden is another Muggle, working tirelessly as an environmentalist to ensure the preservation of wildlife in New Zealand and Australia.

The Fessenden family is somewhat of an oddity due to having roots in both Canada and New Zealand. However, Frederick and Amelia have tried to downplay any sense of national heritage, encouraging their sons to have a more global mentality.

Special Abilities:
- None

Interests or Hobbies:
- Reading, especially History books.
- Talking to people and asking questions, particularly when they might know something he doesn't
- Generally exploring and learning of new places and ideas.
- Funnily enough, Edwin also has a weakness for comedy and puns, something he tries to keep hidden because he thinks its embarrassing.

Additional Skills:
-

Strengths:
- Curiosity
- Constant willingness to try and experience new things
- Strong determination and unwillingness to give up on something he's set his mind to it.

Weaknesses:
- General lack of focus when it comes to topics that don't hold his interests
- Overly inquisitive
- Is a bit too hyperactive for his own good.
- Terrible with deadlines

Describe your character in three words:
- Curious
- Unfocused
- Outgoing

Favourite place to be:
- Somewhere he hasn't been yet, ideally some kind of outdoor area where he can run around and explore.

Friends:
- No very close friends at present.

Hogwarts House:
- Ravenclaw

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions:
- To learn as much as he can in what time he has there.
- To not flunk out or get expelled. He's trying to start small with his ambitions.

Best school subjects:
-

Worst school subjects:
-

Extracurricular Activities:
- Plans on joining the "Cross that bridge when he comes to it" club.

Graduation:
- 2038?

Current Job:
- Student

Plans for your future:
- Has no idea yet.

Your Patronus:
-

Your Patronus memory:
-

Your Boggart:
- A straitjacket, due to it making him immobilized and unable to move around.

Your Animagus:
-

Mirror of Erised:
- Standing triumphant, having learned everything possible.

A page from your diary:
- So... magic, huh? I have no idea what to write down. I'm a wizard? Or a sorcerer? Or a warlock? Or whatever you call it. I know I don't know what the heck to call it. Probably going to find that out later.

But I'm getting off-topic! Magic is real, apparently. And there's this whole shadow world of magical people and creatures who do magical stuff while everyone else is oblivious. And I get to be a part of that now. How cool is that?! And there's this whole school for magic right here in New Zealand that I'll be going to soon. I can't wait!

Now that I think about it, that means I have a lot of work to do. All the other magic kids have an 11 year head start on me. That can't be good. I hope that there's enough stuff so I can catch up fast. Maybe I should go to the bookstore around the corner and ask for the magical books. The shopkeeper can't give me a weirder look than she did when I asked about that one really old book on a dare, right?

Oh, or maybe I can go to one of the places mentioned in the letter. That might work a lot better. Oops.

All righty, that's enough for now. Time to get to work!

Hello Aaron!! You know I love Edwin :wub: :woot: I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions!

1. What sort of pet would Edwin like to get?
2. How does his lack of focus interfere with his curiosity, if at all?
3. You say his favourite place to be is somewhere he hasn't been yet; in an ideal world where anything was possible, what would this place be like?
4. Does he struggle to make friends? If so, why?
5. How do strangers generally perceive him?
6. What is it about straight jackets that frighten Edwin so much?
7. How does he feel about his weaknesses? Does he make any effort to amend them?
8. Why does he try to keep his love of comedy and puns hidden?
9. What sort of house does Edwin live in? How is it decorated inside? Is it neat, messy, clean?
10. What trait does he value most in other people?

Thanks for the questions! I edited Edwin's profile to try and answer all of them to the best of my ability. :D Please feel free to let me know if there are any other things I should add or change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back