Eating With A New Friend

Derrik Agile

OOC First Name
Luis
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn

Derrik was up in his dormitory changing cloths to get ready to eat with Tala. It has been the first day they met and they seemed to connect so well. Derrik had on some casual cloths. Nothing too fancy but nothing too plain either.

As he walked down the Grand stair case he started to think to himself. "This will be my first time eating with Tala. I shouldn't be like a pig like I am when I'm at home with mum. She's alright with it but she did teach me manners as well. Should I try to impress him as well or?....No, No I shouldn't. Just be myself and you'll be fine."

Before he knew it, he was already at the bottom of the stairs. Since Tala hadn't arrived yet, Derrik took a seat on the steps until he arrived.

Tala read the letter with shaky hands. Why now? Of all the times to contact me...why now? He had finished getting changed when he noticed a letter on his windowsill. Try not to think about it Tal, and go and eat. His stomach growled in agreement.

When he got to the bottom of the stairs he saw Derrik sitting there waiting, he plastered the best smile he could on his face and ran the few extra meters to get to him. "Hey Derrik" He said "Ready to eat?" He asked, he wasn't aware that he still had her letter crushed in his hand.

Derrik somewhat jumped a bit.

"Oh hey. I was wondering if you had forgotten about me here." Derrik laughed a bit. Derrik noticed that something was in Tala's hands but decided not to tell him about it. It was probably something private to begin with.
Derrik got up from the stairs.

"Well, shall we then?"

Tala laughed "Forget about you...nah never gonna happen" He said "You've forever etched yourself into my mind.." He looked into the great hall "I hope they have good food, all that laughing has made me hungry" He waved his arms around for emphasis and that is when he saw the letter. Quickly he shoved it in his pocket.

"Good. I don't want to ever forget about you." Derrik smiled.
"I hope they have good food today. I'm on the same boat as you.""

-hey i'll brb. I'm making me self some food XD-

"Then lets us be off" He said grabbing his hand and pulling him into the Great Hall. "Which Table?" He asked stopping in front of the Hufflepuff Table. He didn't really care where they sat.

Derrik was pulled into the Great Hall.

"Maybe we should sit near the door. Just in case if something decides to happen we can get out quickly"

Of course the Great Hall was looking at lovely as ever.

Tala let out a laugh "You weren't planning on starting a food fight were you?" He asked sitting down at a table near the door. "Sit boy" He said pointing to the seat next to him. He looked at the food and pondered on what he would have.

"No I don't. I'm just saying if something does happen. Doesn't hurt to be just a little safe you know." Tala had order Derrik to sit like a dog.

"Yes Master." Derrik obeyed.

Tala threw him a smile and reached forward to grab some food. "Mannnn I'm starving" He said. He put some salads onto his plate "Just for starters..." he said brightly. He was desperately trying not to think of the letter that was in his pocket or the girl who sent it to him. She had told him why she had left without a word and where she was and also why it had taken her so long to contact him. He blinked a few times and shook off his thoughts.

Derrik grabbed a bit of salad as well. He wanted to show Tala that he can be a well matured man when needed.
"I think that would be a good thing."

Derrik had noticed the letter in Tala's hand but he didn't want to ask what it was. He wanted to know but it was not his business to meddle in. Derrik knew that it was bad because there was a bit of a negative look on Tala's face but he shook it off.

Tala saw Derrik grab some salads as well "Good choice Derrik...." He said taking a mouthful of salad. He also knew Derrik would have seen his lack of control on his emotions and sighed. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the letter. "I found this on my windowsill....it is from Tasanee, the girl I told you about." He said in a quiet voice.

Derrik was eating his food when Tala said who the letter was from. Derrik swallowed his food and tried not to choke.

"Oh?" his voiced cracked. Derrik had thought about all this. Tala did tell him about his problems as Derrik did his. If Tala wanted to talk about it then it would be up to him.

"Well listen...you don't have to tell me what's on the letter. It's your business and you share it if you want to..." Derrik took a few more bites from his salad.

"She just explains where she is, and why she hasn't contacted me." He gave a weak chuckle "I...guess I understand it all....but Why did she have to say 'Yours' at the end...I'm not hers anymore...." He said staring at the letter in his hand. "She also said I could write to her if I wanted. But I don't know if I can"

Derrik put his silverware down and finished what he had in his mouth.

"Okay. I see it this way. You write to her if you can. No one is forcing you to do it." Derrik put his arm around Tala.

"Only you really know if you want to do it...but maybe when she left she wasn't mad at you. She probably still likes you but just couldn't say it at the time..." Derrik was feeling just as mellow as Tala was.

Tala put his head on Derrik's shoulder "She isn't coming back Derrik" He said with a sigh. "I'll just have to tell her what I feel now." He said. It'll hurt her, and it'll hurt me, but it has to be done. He thought as he ran a hand through his hair.

Derrik just looked at Tala with the message said in his eyes. Just do what you need to do...ok?
Derrik gave Tala a hug.

"I'm sure whatever you do, everything will be fine. That's a promise."

Tala gave him a hug back and moved off him. "Right I have to finish this Salad!" He said picking up his cutlery and he dove back into eating it. He finished his mouthful and looked over at Derrik "You're a good friend"

Derrik happy to say that he liked being around Tala. As he got back to eating Derrik noticed that Tala was eating just a bit too fast.

"Hey slow down. You're going to choke. Thanks. So are you." Derrik wanted to know a little bit more about Tala and his home land.

"So what part of Russia are you from again? I want to know more about it please." Derrik said as he got a cup of what appeared to be juice.

Tala looked up from his food "Me? I'm from Moscow, so it was really crowded there" He said with a small grin. "We lived on the outskirts of town so it wasn't as crowded as it could have been." He smiled at the memories of his home. "It was nice there ya'know, I remember every winter making snowmen with my family." He also took a drink of juice.

"Sounds nice. When I get the chance I want to go there. It's not that you are a mystery to me...although you somewhat still are I'd like to go there for sites." Derrik laughed at the fact that Tala was still a mystery but didn't mind.

"Think that when you can, you can teach me some of you're language? I've always wanted to learn some Russian."

Tala gave him a cheeky smile. He liked being a mystery. He smiled warmly at him when he asked him if he could teach him Russian "Da" he said "But it is a hard language to learn, well that is what I've been told" he said putting more food on his plate.

"Well I'm up for the challange. Besides if you teach me what you know, I'm sure that would be good enough to have a convo with you. No one would know what we were saying." Derrik laughed. He like that idea a lot. It was like being in a secret club house and stuff. Derrik didn't put much more on his plate. He had some sweets upstairs that he was saving room for.

Tala saw that Derrik didn't put much on his plate. "You need to eat more, you are a stick" he said poking at his arms. "You need more meat on your bones" He smiled at him "That would be cool, having no one understand us" He gave a small chuckle "Everyone would be so confused"

Derrik felt Tala poke his arm. It was true. Derrik was skinny and need to get some fat into him. Or maybe some muscle but whatever, same thing. Derrik grabbed more food.

"So..what else do you want to talk about? I'm up for anything you can think of. I'm too busy stuffing my face in because someone said "You should eat more, you are a stick." " Derrik was just poking fun like he always did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back