Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Renata <3
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Eugene was so excited for halloween, he had experienced halloween parties before but he had never experienced a full feast for anything. Well, aside from the sorting feast but Eugene didn’t think that counted. He hadn’t managed to put together much of a costume, had essentially just come as he was with his guitar and would say he was a musician, or a rockstar. Which probably barely counted as a costume, but Eugene hadn’t brought stuff with him and he hadn’t dared to spend money on a costume, so he was just eager to have something that worked as a costume. As soon as he arrived at the great hall he was just in awe. The ceiling the magic oozing from every place. The candy! The Drinks! He wondered how anyone could possible be upset to be in this world. Could possible be sad that they had been magical over muggle. He immediately made his way over to the snack table, where he spotted one of his roommates, ”Hey cuz,” he greeted charlie warmly, the boy was a little shier than some of his other dormmates but he was nice, did Eugene’s tie often enough. ”What are you dressed as bro?”

Charlie wasn't sure if he was excited for Halloween or not. He had picked out this costume with his dad, sure, but was he really disappointed he wouldn't get to spend it with his dad. He was nervous about his job at the Hogwarts Monthly, but he was hoping that his dad would be proud of the article he was writing for Quidditch. For now, though, he was going to the Halloween dance. He took a little bit of time to get his costume on, before making his way to the Great Hall. He hadn't put on his hat yet, still looking around at everyone. He smiled as Eugene came up. "Hey, bro," he smiled. "Oh, I'm a-" he shifted, pulling the mask out from under his arm and slipping it over his head before posing for Eugene. "I'm a haunted pumpkin,"

Eugene watched as Charlie put the mask on his head and then said what it was. He took a moment to really register it, looking at the costume and the words that Charlie had used along side it. "Wow! Sweet as bro!" he compliment. "I just came as a rockstar because I didn't really have anything else, and costumes, are like SO expensive," he said, his tone was light and it was clear he wasn't bothered by his own costume being just his regular clothes and his guitar.

Charlie laughed lightly, rubbing the back of his neck. He took the head back off. "Actually, that reminds me, um, you can play that guitar, right?" He asked, thinking of the violin that was now hiding in the bottom of his trunk. He didn't want a lot of people to know, and so far there was only one person besides him that knew he had it. But Eugene knew music, and Charlie didn't know anyone else that knew music, so he thought talking to the other boy was a good idea.

Eugene smiled and nodded at the question, he brought the guitar round and held it up, he played a few quick fire chords and the main melody of a song he'd been working on. "Ya for sure bro," he told him happily. "I can technically also play the piano and a little drums, but I haven't been able to practice nearly as much with those since coming to school." he told his friend, clearly excited about music and being able to talk about them.

Charlie smiled as Eugene played the guitar, immediately curious. He smiled as Eugene seemed genuinely excited about music. "So, um, do you know anything about the violin?" he asked shyly, glancing away.

Eugene gave a little shrug, "I mean it's a shoulder guitar in essence, the biggest difference is the bow, I'm no expert, but it can't be too hard to pick up. Why you ask bro?" he said, he didn't know much about violins, he'd seen them had never played one properly, he'd experimented a bit with violin before he'd settled on piano. He wondered why Charlie was curious about it.

Charlie fidgeted a little nervously, biting his lip. "Um, because, um," he sighed softly. "Because I want to learn. And you're the only person I know that knows anything about music," He admitted slowly, glancing over to Eugene. He worried a bit that the other boy would think it was silly.

Eugene considered it and nodded. He always was happy to help. "I can grab some library books to learn more about it and then we can get started." Eugene told him with a little smile, already thinking about the sorts of books he would need, maybe he could send a letter to his old music teacher for some tips. "Just let me know when you wanna get started bro,"

Charlie's eyes widened and he stopped, surprised. "Wait, you would- you would really do that?" He asked, surprised. He swallowed nervously, giving the other boy a shy smile. "I mean, I- thank you,"

Eugene gave a little nod and half shrug, "No worries brah, it's like my mum always used to say, when a friend asks you for help you say yes," he gave by way of explanation. Before just looking about. "Want to do any of the fun activities bro? I think they've got bobbing for apples or like a fun house?" he wsn't sure that dancing would be right and he didn't want to damage the guitar.

Charlie smiled shyly, his eyes lighting up a little when Eugene mentioned a few activities. "Oh, the fun house sounds good," He looked around, trying to see if there was a line. "Have you ever been to one?" He asked, bouncing a little in excitement.

Eugene shook his head, "Yeah nah bro. If there ever was one near me, it was always crazy expensive for what it was," he told him, as he began moving towards it. "Have you been in one?" he asked thinking that Charlie might've experienced it already, might have been in one before. When they reached the entrance he held it open, "After you bud,"

René had always been glad that Halloween was more popular than when his parents were kids. After growing up on a steady diet of American movies about the holiday, René could never understand why it had never been popular everywhere. Costumes and lollies, what wasn't to like? Magical Halloween parties were next level though, and René had spent ages just walking around the hall gawking at things.

He'd been planning to spend the evening hanging out with his brother, but apparently Sully was still annoyed that René had 'copied' his costume, and it became quickly apparent he'd need to find someone else to hang out with. René was relieved to see Eugene and Charlie slipping into the fun house set up in the hall, hurrying after them and trying not to feel awkward as his cape trailed behind him. "Hey, guys, can I come?"

Charlie shook his head as Eugene opened the door. "No, I've never been," he replied, though he had always wanted to go. He smiled brightly as Rene appeared. "Hey superman," He greeted. "The more the merrier," He agreed easily, before glancing to Eugene. He couldn't imagine the other boy would argue, but he felt a little bad that he hadn't asked Eugene first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back