Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Sturdy Yew Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
(Open after Kiersten posts with Elara)

Noah was still pretty new in this world, and even newer to Hogwarts. The newly sorted boy decided to do some explorations but this time outside the castle. The Quidditch Pitch was something he wanted to see up close and he was on his way to. He had seen the bulletin board at his common house and even though he couldn't participate in the try outs yet he wanted to at least watch them and see what the different positions were all about and luckily learn some things to impress the captains of the team next year.
It was still early in the morning, Noah decided to wake up early to get the best spots in the stands but when he got to the lawn the early morning fog was still a bit dense and his extraordinary orientation senses had no idea where the pitch was located exactly so he just went into the fog hoping to go into the right direction. The fog wasn't very thick once he was inside it but his still sleepy eyes made it harder to navigate in it, thankfully not too many people were awake so the chances of him running into someone were low or at least he thought so.

Elara was frustrated by the fact that first years were not allowed to tryout for quidditch unless there weren't enough team members. It hardly seemed fair and to her, meant that all students would be put at a disadvantage since they wouldn't be allowed to start playing until they were at least 12. By putting her best foot forward, she had woken up early to attend the tryouts just in case there was an opening. She didn't own her own broom, but she figured she could use someone else's if that was case. Plus, she knew her own would be confiscated before she could get it off the ground. She started to walk towards the pitch but was startled by how foggy the grounds seemed. She was still unfamiliar with the area and hoped she was going in the right direction. Enjoying the coolness surrounding her, she kept walking until she happened to see another student in front of her. Assuming that most people wouldn't be up this early except for qudditch, she picked up her speed towards him. "Excuse me!" she called. "Is this the right way to the quidditch pitch?" she asked the boy.

Noah heard a calling, not sure it was for him but it sounded like a girl, and not sure where it came from either but yet he turned around. He saw a shadow that seemed to be running towards him and as the shadow got closer the details of the girl's face started to show up.
The Gryffindor boy wasn't sure what she was going to do so early to the quidditch pitch but maybe she was doing the same thing he was "I don't know. Maybe? I'm kinda lost too, I think I remember seeing the pitch there" he said pointing towards a direction, nothing specific or certain.
For the first time since she had arrived Noah was now actually looking at the girl that he was pretty sure to have seen before "You are a Gryffindor too aren't you? I'm Noah." he said the girl, he just wasn't sure if she was a first year like him. "What are you going to do to the quidditch pitch so early in the morning? Watch the try outs?" he asked, it was a shot in the dark but honestly unless she was a quidditch fascist that was probably what she was going to do.

Elara squished up her lips and made a clicking noise with her tongue. It was unfortunate that neither of them truly knew what direction they were going, but seeing as the grounds were only so big, she was sure they would eventually find the pitch, probably hearing the tryouts if nothing else. When the boy recognized her as a fellow Gryffindor, she gave him a smile and nodded. "Yeah, it's my first year," she said, unsure if she had seen the boy around or not. "I'm Elara," she said quickly and then looked in the direction Noah had pointed before. "I think we could continue to head in that direction. And yeah, quidditch tryouts." She started to walk in the direction that they had been heading in the fog. "It's dumb they won't let us tryout, huh?" she asked Noah, hoping he would commiserate with her. "Maybe we should start a first years only league of quidditch to prove them wrong," she joked with a hint of seriousness in her tone.

Noah smiled at her "Same here" he said when Elara told him she was a first year. The boy nodded at her and started walking towards 'that' direction with her and silently hoping they were heading to the right place, the fog wouldn't take long to vanish so they were bound to find out sooner or later.
Noah nodded again at the girl and answered her with a 'mhm', he wanted to be a part of the team so bad but he also wanted to learn how to fly first so that was probably for the best. He couldn't help but laugh at the tought of a junior quidditch league "Well...I kinda get it why they don't let us. I come from a magical family but I never flew in a broom so that would be hard for me to join the team this year but I also think that it's unfair for experienced first years to be unable to try out because of the thought that all first years don't know how to fly" he explained Elara. Maybe this girl had come from a magical family too but knew how to properly use a broom that's why she felt like this was extremely unfair. "What position would you like to try out for?" he asked out of pure curiosity.

Elara walked alongside the boy, trying to keep an eye out for any tall structures ahead. She understood what he was saying but was pretty surprised he had never used a broom. Maybe it was because she had older siblings, but they had let her use their brooms for the past few years. Brooms were less dangerous than when she flipped through the air anyone, as long as you kept it close to the ground. "You mean you've never ridden one?" she asked a little bewildered. "If I were allowed to try out, I would probably go for seeker. Or maybe a chaser," she responded. She had thought about what position she would be good at, but seeing as she had never played a real game of Quidditch, her skills were still quite lackluster. "How about you? I mean, assuming you could fly," she said to Noah.

Noah shaked his head no and felt the need to explain, something he was already used to do since most people found themselves intrigued by his lack of knowledge about the magical world "My mom's a witch but she only told us about Hogwarts when my sister got her letter, which was a year ago. I don't know why but she never talked to us about the magical world or let us fly in brooms" he said to Elara. It seemed like she had been extremely in contact with the magical world so Noah found unnecessary to ask her if she ever had ridden a broom, the answer would probably be yes.
The next question was one that Noah had thought about for ages "I want to be a beater. Hopefully this year I'll learn enough about flying to try out next year?" he said in a questioning tone not sure if they were able to fly flawlessly at the end of their flying lessons.

Elara thought it was a little odd that the boy's mum had kept so much from him before they got their letters. "Did she never use magic around the house?" she asked curiously, unsure if she could resist using magic once she learned all the spells and charms she hoped to. Even brewing a potion now and then could be useful, and she watched her of age siblings and father use it every day for such little things. She couldn't wait to do things with a wave of her wand! "That's okay, though! Flying lessons will even the playing field, I hope. In the mean time, we could always practice for next year in hopes that we get on," she said with a big grin. She noticed the fog starting to lift and could see outlines of the stadium ahead. "I think we're headed in the right direction," she said happily, hoping the fog wouldn't cause too much of an issue for tryouts. "So, if you didn't know about magic before, were you excited when you got your letter?" she asked curiously.

"Nope! I couldn't have that much self control tho" Noah told Elara. If he was in his mom's shoes he would never be able to resist that lomg without using magic, he couldn't help but think that there was more to it than his mom was telling them about.
Noah nodded at Elara, they were clearly heading in the right direction. The pitch was starting to become visible, maybe it was because they were getting closer or maybe it was because the fog was starting to slowly become less dense. "Well, I do know that magic exists for a year now. My sister is here at Hogwarts and we all were told about magic when she got her letter" he told the Gryffindor girl "Nevertheless I was still pretty psyched! I wasn't sure if everyone of us was going to be magical but at least me and my sister are" he said, not really sure how the blood thing worked when only one parent was a witch. Maybe they had witch blood but did all his siblings have it or could it happen that they only had human blood?

Elara agreed by nodding her head that she would not have his mother's restraint. She knew there were people who couldn't use magic because it wasn't safe, but she couldn't imagine just choosing not to use it. As they continue walking, she listened to Noah talk about his sister. "So is your sister a second year then?" she asked the boy. In her mind, it would have been odd to have a sister who wasn't magical, but she assumed it was a common occurence, especially with muggleborns. One would pop up and then the rest of the family would just deal with their child who was a witch or wizard. "Do you have more brothers or sisters that haven't come of age yet?" she asked, finding it interesting to learn about other's families. While she had traveled a lot, she never really had friends outside of her sisters growing up to learn about these things. It was at this point she realized how long of a walk it was from the castle to the quidditch pitch. Thankfully, it was clearer as they continued making their way there, and Elara felt a breeze from behind, seeing a cold chill through her body.

Noah nodded his head "Yeah she is a Ravenclaw, her name's Aaliyah. If you ever see her annoy her for me" he said sticking his tongue out to the girl. He couldn't imagine Aaliyah's face if she was approached by a stranger, she was pretty introverted so she would try to run from there as soon as possible and avoid that awkward conversation. "Yeah I have two younger brothers. What about you, any siblings or family?"he asked the girl. He was aware that most people at Hogwarts had siblings or cousins also attending the school so the chances of this girl having a family member at the school were pretty high. He kept walking towards the pitch wondering what quidditch was all about, he was excited to see how quidditch actually worked. He hoped that it would be better than he imagined.

Elara laughed and shrugged. "I think most older sisters are annoying. They're always trying to tell you what to do." She did love her sisters, but they always thought they knew best, especially Arya. Being the oldest meant she was always trying to act like a mom. Elara already had two parents - she didn't need more. She grinned when Noah mentioned they had the same number of siblings. "I am also one of four, but I actually have three older sisters." She noticed there was definitely a difference in children who were the youngest. "I also have two dads, but they're all back with the troupe. My sister that's still in school wanted to be homeschooled. I wanted to try something new," she said. Traveling had definitely been fun, and she loved her life, but she did want to be "normal," at least for a year. If she decided she hated it, she would just go back to being homeschooled.

Noah laughed at the girl's comment, he had to agree that indeed his sister was very annoying sometimes. Especially when he was using the computer and watching some YouTube videos and she would just go and take it from him without asking she could game. He always wondered how his sister had many friends on the other side of the screen but not many outside of it.
The Gryffindor boy couldn't help but give Elara a surprised look, it was not often that he would meet someone who was also part of a big family, he only had two muggle friends in Canada that had a family as big as his, all the others had a smaller one. This girl said she was the last born so Noah subconsciously associated her with his baby brother Jackson, who was nine, and couldn't help but wonder if this girl was as fond of pranks as Jackson and if she would get along with him.
"Troupe?" he said intrigued "As in a circus troupe?" he asked, he was sure she would give him another job that also had a troupe because she didn't exactly seemed to belong to a circus or anything, she looked pretty normal and nothing like a clown. "Well for what is worth, I liked that you decided to try something new" he added with a smile "Or else I would be going to watch the try outs alone" he added with a laugh as they kept walking.

Elara didn't notice the surprised look the boy gave her regarding her family size. Having a large family was normal in her eyes, and she found only children to be a little odd. When Noah asked about her mention of the troupe, she nodded as a big grin spread across her face. Elara loved talking about the troupe with others. While it was her normal, she knew it was nowhere near that for others who lived quiteter lives. "Yeah, my family owns the magical circus Cirque de Chatelain. I traveled throughout Southeast Asia and Australia most of my life." One nice thing about Hogwarts were the variety of students attending which could almost match traveling to different places. Staying on the grounds for months at a time was a concept she was still going to get used to. Elara laughed a little when Noah said he was glad she was at school. "Well, I'm glad your mum let you and your sister come to Hogwarts so I'm not walking to tryouts alone," she joked with the boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back