Dueling Match #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Kalif Styx

transfig 5-7 † patriarch

OOC First Name
Ghost
Professor Styx leads the two contestants to the stage, appointing them into the north or south part of the stage. He reveals the rules as well as the point system. He walks off the stage and orders the duel to begin, as he keeps a watchful eye.
OOCOut of Character:
All right, make sure that you use the spell list for guidance. No board rule breaking is acceptable. Have fun! I have a copy of the code that you should use with every post. Remember, when you are knocked out, unable to shoot anymore spells, you lost. And if you run out of points, you lose.
The duel begins now. If someone doesn't post after 24 hours, they are disqualified.
Code:
[b]Current Points:[/b] 
[hr]RP content[hr][b]Action(s) Taken:[/b] 
[b]Point Changes:[/b]
[b]Points Remaining:[/b]

Current Points: 150

Marisol had been looking forward to the Dueling Tournament just so she could practice her skills, but being paired up against Teagan Maxwell was the best early birthday present she could ever get. The latina had been dying to do some damage to the blonde haired demon ever since she had sucker punched Asaiah and now she would get to do so without getting in trouble for it. She was still unsure if Teagan knew about her secret but she was going to do her best to shut the girl up if that was the case. Marisol bowed slightly without breaking eye contact with the Ravenclaw and as soon as she was given the go ahead, she instantly cast her first spell. "Petrificus Totalus!"
Action(s) Taken: Cast Spell
Point Changes: -5
Points Remaining: 145

Current Points: 150</COLOR>

The blonde Ravenclaw's smile was wide as she confidently tied her hair in a neat ponytail. Second semester had started and now dueling. Teagan had practice her skills everywhere even inside the Quidditch Pitch but it was at least a one time occurrence. Summoned to get up at the dueling platform, she did so whilst taking out her wand. What surprised her though is her opponent, the werewolf, oh how she wants to reveal the mutt to the entire school but she'll have a little fun first before doing so. Teagan's smile didn't break as they both bow, she heard the first spell thrown at her in time before she can even lift her head and with a swish of her wand, she muttered the shielding charm. <COLOR color="#000">"Protego." and another wave, she yelled, "Reducto!" Teagan straighten herself and blew a sigh of relief. "Not bad, Woods. Taking something to calm yourself, I presume?" She hinted with a smile. Teagan's not going to back her down ever.
Action(s) Taken: Cast Spell twice
Point Changes: -10
Points Remaining: 140

Current Points: 145</COLOR>

Marisol tried not to let Teagan's comments get to her but she couldn't help the rise of panic every time the Ravenclaw hinted at knowing about her condition. Trying not to get distracted, Marisol cast "Protego" before Teagan's spell could do damage. "I'm not the one throwing the temper tantrums," Marisol sneered at her, cackling a little, and then immediately shouted, "Furnunculus!"
Action(s) Taken: Cast 2 Spells
Points Remaining: 135

<COLOR color="teal">​

<i></i>

Current Points: 140</COLOR>

The Ravenclaw took a step back as Marisol block her little spell. <COLOR color="#000">"Protego!" Teagan blocked the spell immediately before saying, "What temper? I'm calm as the full moon next week. You should check it. I hear it'll be a fine cool night." She smirked. Taking a slow stride toward Marisol and repeated the first spell she did, "Reducto!" Her smirk still on her lips. She's enjoying the show.
Action(s) Taken: Cast Spell twice
Point Changes: -5 / -5
Points Remaining: 130

Current Points: 135</COLOR>

Teagan's comment about the full moon caught her off guard, so the girl's first spell hit her hard, throwing her back. Marisol grunted as she stood up again; now it was clear to her what Teagan was doing. She wasn't going to tell anyone her secret because she wanted to hold it over her head the whole time. Anger boiled in Marisol and she shot back, "Incendio!"
Action(s) Taken: Hit by Spell, Cast Spell
Point Changes: +15, -5
Points Remaining: 145

<COLOR color="teal">​

<i></i>

Current Points: 130</COLOR>

Teagan barely suppress her laughter when Marisol got hit by one of her spells. The Ravenclaw could tell she's getting furious now but that's how the game works. Someone gets hurt and someone gets pissed off. <COLOR color="#000">"Isn't this a dueling tournament? Isn't it suppose to be like that?" She asked the werewolf Gryffindor. Marisol is lucky, Teagan is good at keeping secrets. But, of course, the match didn't end there as Teagan blocked the next attempt Marisol did with poise. "Expelliarmus!" She yelled, hoping to disarm her.
Action(s) Taken: Hit Opponent / Cast Spell twice
Point Changes: -20 / -10
Points Remaining: 100

Current Points: 145</COLOR>

Marisol was ready for Teagan's next spell and quickly blocked it with a Protego charm, shouting it just in time before her wand left her hand. "Careful Teagan, are you sure you want to make me mad?" Marisol teased with a smirk. If the Ravenclaw was going to blackmail her with her secret, Marisol could play too. She didn't have to be in her werewolf form to permanently scar Teagan's face so its ugliness matched her insides. "Reducto!" she shouted, aiming for the stage beneath Teagan's feet so it could collapse.
Action(s) Taken: Cast Spell Twice

<COLOR color="teal">​

<i></i>

Current Points: 100</COLOR>

She narrowed her eyes in frustration at Marisol. Teagan underestimated her opponent maybe because of the emotions with it. <COLOR color="#000">"I'll take my chances, Marisol." I'm not the one who has a secret The Ravenclaw was about to block her next attempt when instead aiming toward her, Marisol changed her plan to struck it on the platform which it took a millisecond to collapse. Teagan didn't made the jump backward and fell on the hole. She broke her fall with her feet only to twist her left foot. She gasp in pain. How can she possibly stand up and fight with one foot? But she tried to stand up either way, only to fall back on the ground. Teagan doesn't want to wave the white flag but she doesn't have a choice as she was stuck in that hole. "Professor Styx! I can't go further." She called out to their proctor. Teagan had another time to hurt Marisol more.
Action(s) Taken: No action
Point Changes: None
Points Remaining: 100

Current Points: 135

Marisol smirked triumphantly when she saw Teagan fall beneath the destroyed stage so the girl couldn't fire a spell back. She had expected the Ravenclaw to get back up and continue their duel but she had injured herself during the fall. Marisol waited, ready to block the next spell she threw once she was ready, but the next moment she knew Teagan was calling Professor Styx and surrendering. Marisol laughed openly, glad to have defeated Teagan. "Aw that's it? We were just getting started," Marisol mocked with a frown on her face which immediately turned into a wicked grin. "See you around Teagan," Marisol said as she leapt off the stage to leave.
Action(s) Taken: WINNING
Point Changes: None

As it seems the Ravenclaw called it a loss, Kalif had to admit that the duel was fairly interesting. He announced Marisol the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back