Jacqueline Styx

Transfig Professor // Scitorari Leader

OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Jacqueline arrived at the Dragonfly Inn. It was a small stone inn outside Obsidian Harbor that was not used much during the winter. Jacqueline had made arrangements to have to rooms reserved, one for Kiera and the other for her friend. She had attached directions to the letter she had sent. Surely the children could follow directions... she thought with a smirk. Jacqueline walked up the porch. She sat down on a chair in the corner and waited on the two to arrive.

Kiera and Bruin had decided to fly to the Dragonfly Inn. It took a few minutes to figure out the directions to the inn. Luckily the Dragonfly was not too far away. It only took 30 minutes by broomstick. Kiera saw a building coming up and she could barely make out the sign that read "The Dragonfly Inn."

Kiera turned to Bruin with a smile. She had to yell over the wind. Her voice didnt carry to far. "This is it!" she said pointing to the inn. "Lets land." Kiera dove. It only too a minute to land. She hopped off her broom and turned to Bruin. "Ready?" she asked.

Bruin enjoyed the flight and it felt good to put some distance between the school and himself right now. He followed Kiera's lead and landed not far from the entrance to an Inn. Bruin looked at Kiera and nodded his head. "Sure am. How about yourself?", Bruin replied encouragingly. He hoped that this short visit with Kiera's mother went well for her because she certainly deserved it. Bruin, on the other hand, was looking forward to getting a little shopping done in town over the next few days before heading home to see his parents, hoping that the details of his recent misadventures hadn't reached them before he arrived.

Kiera smiled but rolled her eyes. "As ready as I will ever be." she replied. Kiera had not been looking forward to this christmas visit. She was glad she would have Bruin here for the first couple of days at least. Kiera walked towards the steps. She noticed Jacqueline sitting over in the corner, waiting on them.

Kiera couldnt help but wonder what Bruin would think of Jacqueline on first impression. To Kiera, her mother looked young and beautiful but there was a cold,icy look in her blue eyes. Kiera walked up the rest of the steps and turned to Jacqueline.

Jacqueline saw the two children land their broomsticks on the ground not far from the front steps. They exchanged words before coming towards the Inn. Jac saw Kiera notice where she was sitting. Jacqueline rose gracefully and made her way towards Kiera and her friend. Jacqueline examined the boy. He was rather large. She nodded curtly at him before turning to speak to her daughter.

"Welcome Kiera. I'm glad you came to your senses and visited me on your own accord." Jacqueline said with a smirk.

Bruin didn't know what to make of the greeting and merely offered a polite nod and small smile in return to her own rather dismissive one. Bruin couldn't help but notice that Kiera's mom's stern expression was in direct contrast with Kiera's normally warm and friendly smile. As Kiera's mom had not spoken to him directly, Bruin decided that he would wait for Kiera to reply to her "mother" before introducing himself.

Jacqueline's words to Kiera made her want to turn and run the other way. Kiera hated being forced to do something. She might as well make an effort if she was here anyways. Kiera smiled plesantly at Jacqueline.

"Like I really had a choice." she muttered under her breath. She took a deep breath. "Hello mother." Kiera managed in a nice voice. Kiera glanced quickly at Bruin. "Mother, this is my friend Bruin Dumbledez." she said in the same nice voice.

Bruin stepped forward a little and offered up his hand hesitantly unsure whether Kiera's mother would shake it or not. "It's nice to meet you and thank you for making the arrangements for my accommodations, um, Ms. Burke." Bruin stumbled over the name, suddenly unsure how to address the lady, but hoping his uncertainty wasn't too obvious.

Jacqueline debated whether she should be friendly to this boy or not. She decided to be reasonable plesent to help win Kiera over to her side. She smirked at the boy. "Your welcome Bruin. My daughter is pleased to have you Im sure." she murmured, taking his hand and shaking it. Maybe if she was nice to this boy Kiera would be a little more receptive.

Kiera was caught off gaurd by Jacqueline's seemingly friendly attitude. Maybe this wont be so bad... she thought to herself. She was extremely pleased her mother was being so nice. She grinned at them both. "Yeah I sure am." she replied back.

Bruin sensed a little bit of the tension lifting, but was unsure what was expected. He smiled and decided to be a little more assertive to get the visit started. "So, this place looks nice. Would it be possible to see our rooms so we can get settled in?", he asked politely.

Jacqueline kept her same cool smile as she nodded her head. "Yes. Follow me." she said curtly. She was trying not to get iratated by the child. Jac turned and pushed open the door. A man stood at the desk but she turned her nose up at him. She already had the keys. Jacqueline walked up the old wooden stairs.

At the top, Jacqueline turned the corner. She pointed to two doors across the hall from each other. "These are your rooms." she said turning around. She handed a key to Kiera and a key to Bruin. "If you dont have anymore questions, I will leave you to get settled. We will be eating dinner in the dining room downstairs at exactly 7." Jacqueline said with little feeling. "Do not be late." she added in her icy voice.

"Okay, thanks.", Bruin said cheerfully, always one to kill with kindness. He stood in the hall in front of his door and waited to see if Kiera would say anything or wait until her mother had gone back downstairs to speak.

Kiera heard the icyness back in her mother's voice. She smiled. "No, I will see you later." she said in her normal cheerful voice. She would wait to speak to Bruin untill after Jacqueline left. She wanted his opinion on what he thought of her mother.

Jacqueline nodded to Kiera and Bruin. She apparated with a quiet pop. She didnt even bother to say goodbye. She would see them later after all.

Bruin turned to Kiera with a quizzical look. "Well, she's a tough one to figure out, isn't she? Kind of runs hot and cold as my parents would say. So, is that the greeting that you were expecting?"

Kiera turned to Bruin when Jacqueline disappered without a word. "I know what you mean by that. I never know what to expect with her. She was actually more pleasant than I figured she would be." Kiera said in a surprised voice. "She just has such a cold manner about her."

"I'll say. It's kind of hard to believe that you are related." Bruin said with a smile, hoping that Kiera would realize that he was just commenting on her own warm and friendly personality. He certainly didn't want to offend her by insulting her mom, regardless of the circumstances. "So, what do you think dinner will be like? Should we get dressed up or anything?"

Kiera grinned. She knew what Bruin was refering to. It was almost the same comment Bella had made. Kiera considered his question carefully. "Well maybe you can help me decide. I am not sure. She is not fond of muggle clothing but I dont think she would appreciate our Gryffindor robes either." she said with a sigh. "Jacqueline is hard to judge. What do you think?" Kiera asked. She trusted Bruin's opinion.

"Oh..." Bruin stated aloud, realizing that he hadn't really packed a wide variety of clothes to choose from. "I suppose the best I can do is a pair of dark pants and a button-down shirt. Nothing too fancy, but at least presentable. Do you have anything kind of semi-casual like that with you?" Bruin asked almost apologetically, not realizing that he should have packed more carefully.

Kiera considered carefully. She thought of the clothes she had brought to school. She hadnt brought to many nice things. Most of her clothes were jeans, shorts, and t shirts. Then she remembered a black dress at the bottom of her truck. It was casual but still nice. "Yeah I think I have a black dress that will be okay." she said hopefully. "Well we better go start getting ready." Kiera informed him. Time had passed quickly today. She turned and walked to her door, lugging her trunk behind her. She opened the door and carried her trunk in. The room was nice at least. She turned back to Bruin. "Thank you again for coming. I really apprecitate it." she said with a smile before walking into her room.

"No problem Kiera. Just come and knock on my door when you're ready to head down to dinner." Bruin replied. "I'll make sure that I'm ready to go by quarter to seven." Bruin checked his watch, he had just enough time for a short power nap before getting ready for dinner. Bruin picked up his gear and dragged it into the room across the hall from Kiera's, quickly putting away a few essential before stretching out on the bed.

------A Quarter til Seven
Kiera was ready to go face Jacqueline. She had taken a shower and gone to the extra effort to make sure her hair was not an unruly mess of tangled curls. She had found the black dress she had been thinking of. It looked nice in Kiera's opinion. She only hoped her mother would feel the same. Kiera took one last glance in the mirror. She nodded her head, then turned and walked out the door. She paused briefly to lock it. Kiera walked to the door oppisite her. She knocked just like Bruin had instructed.

Bruin had managed a short rest and then cleaned up himself. He spent a few minutes combing his hair, not something he normally worried too much about, but didn't want to look as dissheveled as he usually did for this dinner. He quickly donned some black pants and a maroon button down shirt, not totally pleased with the effect, but at least passable. He had just finished brushing his teeth when he heard a short rap on the door and opened it to reveal Kiera looking quite nice in a black dress.

"Well, you look very nice.", he offered with a smile. "Is there anything I should know before we head down. Any subjects I should avoid? Anything you don't want me to talk about with your mom? That kind of thing." Bruin had this habit of sometimes talking too much and he didn't want to do anything on this visit to make things more difficult for Kiera than it was already.

Kiera smiled as Bruin opened the door. He looked very presentable. "I would say the same thing about you." she replied when he told her she looked nice. She considered the next question. She didnt know what would make Jacqueline mad and what wouldnt. She had only had one brief conversation with the woman. Only one thing came to mind. "Well I would stay away from all Death Eater talk. I probably wasn't supposed to share that with other people." she said with a shrug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back