Drage Herrogard

Valcan Drage

Dark Arts practitioner | Avid reader

OOC First Name
Amanda
Wand
Olivewood 17 3/4'', core of Runespoor Fang
Valcan sat back in a gigantic armchair, sighing as he stared into the flames of his massive fireplace. He had been looking forward to getting out, but a last minute warning from Lief had stopped him from going to Stark Manor.

Probably was a good thing, too, as being there in prescence of the Ministry would hurt his reputation as High Chancellor of Scandinavia. "Demetri," he said quietly to a disgruntled house elf, "Go open the door." He had heard it being knocked on; but he knew everything that went on in this house. It was unexplainable to the most intelligent of wizards. But more than inheritance tied him to Drage Herrogard.

"Well, if it isn't the failure," Valcan sneered in Norwegian as Tristan walked through the door, "Welcome home."

An old but still small frost dragon was curled up at his feet, glaring at Tristan with its ice blue eyes. Loki was its name, and it didn't take to anyone outside of the family. Valcan's dislike for his son spawned its own, and it hissed.

Valcan's gaze was distant and cold. "Pity; you'd think that this time, you'd bring home something worth it. But all you have to show up with is a bag and your worthless carcass."

"Well met, Father," Tristan snarled, moving over to the door. "This worthless carcass who does all of your dirty work. This worthless carcass who sired an eksploder , whose father is not proud?" Tristan smirked. "I am amazed."

Valcan sneered, sitting back in his chair. "Oh, do not say I am not proud. But, I wonder, of your judgment. You were asking to be defeated and drawn out in England. The ministry watches that place constantly. I am actually surprised that you all weren't rounded up and sent to Azkaban."

Valcan raised his arms mockingly to the ceiling. "But what of Drage Herrogard? A place that no one can find if I do not wish it? Even if they've been here hundreds of times, is not a considerable place for keeping a few stupid girls in line?"

He looked back down darkly. "No, I think that it is I who carries the amazement."

"Well, excuse me for not wanting to come back to a place that I was forced to hate my whole life!" Tristan snarled. "Trust me, this is a last resort."

He considered destroying his father's chandelier, but what good would that do? Probably just make him laugh.

He was the same height as his father, carrying the same cold expression, same muscled, bulky form. The winner of a fight in their case could not easily be determined by sight alone.

Tristan shook his head. "Besides, I was going to bring her here. Things just got in the way. And they didn't go all well for Sammael, either. His home is in dire need of emergency repair." He was unable to keep in the last remark; as children, him and his cousin had been bitter rivals for acceptance.

Just as a cue in a play there were three solid knocks at the door, caused by a haggard looking Sammael.<i></i>

"Demetri, get the door," Valcan commanded the house elf strongly. He waited as he listened to the door being opened, interested to find out who the newcomer was.

He ignored Tristan's last remarks with a sneer.

With a nod to the house elf who opened the door, Sammael walked in and went straight to Valcan, a slight look of surprise coming over his face at the sight of Tristan. "Tristan," he said with a nod before looking to Valcan and giving him a slight bow. "Forgive my intrusion, but I am in dire need of a place to stay." Sammael was quite tired but had pulled himself together somewhat, although his appearance was still a far cry from its normal sharp crispness.<i></i>

"Any of my sons have a place to stay in Drage Herrogard," Valcan replied boldly, "And you are no less than one of my own, Sammael. Take a seat." He smirked. "I have heard your home is not in the best condition?"

Tristan sat back, listening to the two of them with a dark expression. It seemed that now, both him and Sammael had nowhere to turn to except their childhood home.

Brunhilde walked into the room quickly, her gaze cold and observant. "If it isn't my brother and cousin," she said quietly, "How do the both of you fare this evening? If I may say, you both look like you were run over by manticores."

"Thank you," Sammael said as he gave another bow to Valcan. He thankfully went and sat down in a chair, a bit more slumped than usual. Just as he was about to answer Valcan, Brunhilde came in and Sammael gave her a nod along with a "good evening Brunhilde," before turning back to Valcan. "Yes, a portion of my home has suffered some damage. Partly due to Tristan's daughter, but mostly due to a Nicolas King. It is nothing that cannot be fixed, but I also fear that this King may go telling stories about me to the Ministry."

"King," Tristan muttered darkly. He had fought the wizard twice now, and was finding him quite meddlesome. "Too nosy, if you ask me. I'd watch out for him."

"Don't worry, Sammael," Brunhilde said quietly, her voice heavily accented. "I have your back; I was just hired into the International Magical Office of Law. I guess we're going to be coworkers."

"Tongues can be cut off, if you get my drift, Sammael," Valcan said darkly. "Demetri," he commanded huskily, "Get us all some vodka. For it is my favorite, as you all know."

He laughed. "But I am not so pleased that either of you could not handle two teenage daughters."

Tristan glared at Valcan darkly, choosing not to reply. He was relieved when the house elf brought back four bottles of vodka, and he took one for himself, popping off the cap quickly and taking a long swig.

Sammael took a bottle from the house elf and looked first to Brunhilde. "Thank you. It will be nice to have someone familiar in the office." He then turned to Valcan, considering his comment. "Sophia was quite easy to deal with until the attack, if you can call it that. She did not attempt to escape when Estrella did, and I have a feeling she would not have left had her little boyfriend not come to get her." Sammael was too tired to care about Valcan's criticism, because he had his views on the situation. He opened up the bottle of vodka and took a rather large swig from it.<i></i>

Valcan observed both men for a moment, noticing the fondness that they possessed for the vodka, quite like himself. With a smirk he took a sip of his own. "So, what are you going to do, Sammael?" he said quietly. "Are you going to play the 'I was imperiused' card with your daughter? I know it's entirely too late for you, Tristan, but Sammael might have a chance."

"That was my thinking, although I have to wonder if she will actually believe it. Sophia is incredibly intelligent, and I am not entirely sure how she would react to that. The other option would be to say that someone had captured me and used polyjuice potion. As Morgase has gone missing, I could easily blame it on her. I am not sure what I will say yet." He took another swig of his vodka, wondering if anyone had any comments or suggestions as to what he should do.

Valcan mused for a moment, and then said quietly, "Taking the route with the polyjuice potion might be a better idea. But I am not so sure that you should blame it on Morgase; surely your daughter has as much respect for her mother as for her father. She won't know what to believe then if one parent starts placing the blame on the other."

"No," he repeated quietly. "Say someone else did it, but you're not sure who. Both of you boys have landed yourselves in a sticky situation."

Lief entered the room quietly, as usual, inviting himself into their conversation as he sat down. He helped himself to a bottle of alcohol, and listened quietly. However, as he had no children or family of his own, he really did not have any insight into the situation.

"Another problem with the polyjuice story would be how I got free, and where is the perpetrator now? That was why Morgase looked to be a good candidate, as she is now missing. Sophia does, or at least did, look up to Morgase. I am not entirely sure how she feels about her since she captured her and promptly left. Whatever the story is, it needs to be decided quite soon." Sammael took another large swig of his vodka and looked at the bottle as he pulled it down. Half empty, that's no good.

Valcan rubbed his temples with two large fingers, attempting to give any ideas. "And even if you do come up with a good story, there's always the chance that she's not going to believe you. Trust doesn't come easy."

Taking a swig of his own vodka, he looked at everyone, noting how pathetic and drunkard they all looked. But they were his family, and he was proud of them. Most of the time, anyways. They all looked up to him for guidance, as he had practically brought up each of them.

"You could use Morgase, I suppose, but I wouldn't say where she went off to. Leave your daughter hanging; then she won't be inclined to find her mother either. Do you have any idea where your wife is?" Valcan sneered coldly; he had kept every one of his wives in check. He was on the third one, Mara, who was distant and not at this meeting.

Heidi, Tristan's mother, had died of dragon pox, and thus died a natural death. Iduna, however, was a totally different story. Lief and Brunhilde's mother, she had run off with another man just a few years ago. To make a long story short, her lover had died a painful death and Iduna had "Accidentally" slipped off a glacier.

"Not really, no," Sammael said after he had taken another swig of his vodka. "My only guess would be one of her family members. She had all but entirely detached herself from me before she disappeared, not talking to me, barely even spending time in the same room as me. Hell, she even stopped eating meals with me. I have no idea why she left or where she could have gone. I wish I knew what had gotten into her." Sammael had never had problems with keeping Morgase in check until the prophecy was discovered. He sighed slightly and went back to his vodka, quite enjoying the warm feeling in his stomach.

Valcan observed Sammael for a moment, going to say something but keeping quiet. He himself believed that Morgase was in the same predicament as Iduna, but he wasn't going to bring it up here. Not now.

"To bring this to a lighter subject," he started quietly, "Does Serpentes have any more plans or did they go down the drain?"

He smirked; Serpentes was not really the leader, and Valcan was not scared of the old man. In fact, he would be damned if he was afraid of anyone or anything.

"I don't think so," Lief said quietly. "He hasn't said anything lately. Not after the girls got out. Not after Stark Manor."

He smirked at Tristan. "I think Ravus now has a certain vendetta against you. I'd watch out if I were you. And maybe for your daughter too."

He laughed. "Imagine Tristan's kid getting suspended. Who would have thought..." His expression was cold. "And for using magic outside of school, for all things." His gaze was chilling and amused. "She's been staying at the ice cream parlor in Hogsmeade, with that one woman who came in for the so called attack. And with her now werewolf uncle."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back