Drage Herrogard 4

"No, Mr. Bennett, I am afraid you are in fact a werewolf," Sammael said with a sad expression as he put his hand on the man's shoulder. "Without the proper precautions you are a danger to yourself and those around you. Tristan has actually been missing for quite some time."<i></i>

Daisy kept looking at Lief. He was much more handsome than she remembered. She was really happy that Brunhilde convinced her to stop by and visit, and just happen to run into Lief. She smiled at him, a genuine smile, not the usual fake happy smile that she used on missions or at the Ministry.
"So Lief, where are you living nowdays?" she asked, knowing Lief was never a big talker.

"You mean, everyone?" Carlisle said, raising his eyebrows in disbelief. "No one ever told me my family was in danger. Not anyone else from your world, I mean."

"I don't know what those certain people were trying to hide from you, but it was a very dangerous thing to do," Valcan growled, appearing to be infuriated. "Werewolves are very malicious creatures, and since you have not been one for long, you will not be able to control it. You kill just because of the impulse to kill, around every full moon. No one is safe from you. Even now, you find cravings for raw meat. And this is where I come in."

He hardened his gaze. "I am very concerned about my granddaughter's safety, who is in turn, your niece. That is why I am requesting guardianship. She would be in safe hands here."

"I've been staying here, at home," Lief said, "And how about you?" He looked at Daisy with obvious interest in his eyes, as they walked down the corridor. Brunhilde had left them.

Carlisle contemplated this for a moment. "You are saying that even Estrella is not safe around me? Even as a witch?"

Valcan's gaze hardened; he was quite irritated with the muggle's daftness, but he wasn't about to show it. In fact, he was winning.

"No. It was indeed a wizard that bit you, both people of your world and mine are in danger." He held up the guardianship papers. "All you have to do is sign this. Both Sammael and Brunhilde here are members of the Ministry, I am myself the Scandinavian Minister of Magic." He waved his hand around. "I am never short on money, and she will be well provided for here."

Carlisle bit his lip; all he had to do was sign some paoers? It seemed too easy.

But he knew that they weren't lying, explaining to a t his cravings for meat and new bursts of energy, shortness of temper. But as a guardian, his first concern was for his family. He looked at the papers, taking a sip of the wine that had been provided for him. "I don't know," he whispered.

"You would of course still be able to see Estrella, Mr. Bennett. And we will be taking measures to help ensure the safety of your family. With Estrella living here, she will be well cared for and looked after. My daughter will be staying here as well, so she will have a friend as well."

Sammael smiled weakly at Mr. Bennett, his face looked tired. All the man had to do was sign the papers and it would be done.

Carlisle continued to gaze at the papers, weighing his options. But their offer was too much to turn away. If he was indeed going to be a monster, this was the way to go, to ensure the safety of everyone. He bit his lip; he didn't know what Estrella would think about it, but this was in her best interest. She would soon see that.

"Do you have a pen of some sort?" he said weakly.

"Let me see here," Sammael said as she stood up straight, a quizzical look on his face. After patting at a few of his pockets he extracted a pen and handed it to Mr. Bennett. "Yes, there you are."<i></i>

Carlisle took the papers, his hand shaking as he recieved the pen also. "And where am I supposed to sign?" There were lines all over the bottom of the paper.

"Here, Mr. Bennett," Valcan said, pointing out the lines to sign on. "There's three, I trust that will not be too difficult?" He smiled encouragingly, a surge of happiness rocketing through him. In merely seconds, the deal would be sealed.

Carlisle did his untidy scrawl quickly, the words glowing as they were finished, and then returned to normal. He let a short gasp; he felt that it was a glow of finality.

Waveringly he handed the papers to Valcan Drage, nodding.

Valcan was calm and collected enough not to snatch the papers, even though he wanted to. He took them gently from the muggle's hands, smiling encouragingly. "Is there anything we can get you, Mr. Bennett?"

"That is quite fine, I will bring you home in a moment. Demetri?"

The wrinkled house elf appeared, quite startling the muggle. "Yes, Master?"

He handed the house elf the papers. "Put these in my room. Don't ruin them."

Daisy walked along the hall with Lief at her side. She glanced up at him and replied, "I moved back to my father's estate. We are transfering him from St Mungo's in England to New Zealand. He had an estate there that we hadn't used in a long time. When I got my job in the ministry there, Mum and I moved and brought Father with us." Daisy blushed as she realized she had been rambling on a little bit. What is with me? she thought, I do not let men affect me like this.

Carlisle started as he saw the house elf, his face pale. The creature was so small and disheveled looking. But, however, nothing could really surprise him anymore, and he passed it off with a small shrug of his shoulders. He looked around the room, really seeing it for the first time. It was magnificent, and he couldn't shake the feeling that this was definitely not the biggest and most elaborate space in the home. It was ancient, and had the forbidding feeling that most medieval fortresses possessed. Estrella, it seemed, would be well off here.

"Here, Mr. Bennett," Valcan suggested, "Grab onto my arm and hold tight. This might be an odd experience for you; most muggles don't take well to apparation."

He looked at Sammael. "You can summon Tristan back if you wish, but I don't care much either way," he said snidely.

With a pop he disapparated with Carlisle, bringing him home.

"Is he doing alright, your father?" Lief asked with a slight smirk; he knew what had happened to the infamous Gilderoy Lockhart.

Brunhilde smirked; Lief and Daisy were getting along quite well. She left them alone, striding off into another room.

"My father is about the same. He still has no idea who he is or I am. Quite annoying how he preens about in his room, signing autographs. Sad how that is the only part of his former life he remembers." Daisy replied. "We have him secured in his old suite of rooms in the estate for now. He really needs to be at St. Mungo's though. It is quite a job to watch after him somedays."

"Yeah, I don't know how you would do it," Lief said quietly, "I'd probably leave. But that's just me." He smiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back