Kris
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Chloë)
Open after @Joshua Toubia

The fourth floor was always a pretty high traffic zone, and Sully hoped it'd be a good spot to find another one of his rose people. Either they'd be heading for the lounge or the library, or maybe on the stairwell, Sully hoped the odds were in his favour in this spot. Leaning against one of the banisters by the stairwell so his voice would carry, Sully tried shouting out the next rose deliveree's name again, enjoying the slight echo as his voice drifted down the stairwell and hallway. "JOSHUA TOUBIA? JOSH? JOSHY? YOU'VE GOT A ROSE, BUDDY." He hollered, lifting his basket encouragingly to any passersby.

Joshua is not really known for giving out roses, he was meant to this semester but it had slipped his mind. With the way he was behaving lately, can anyone really blame him? Joshua felt bad while he saw other students handing out roses. It reminded him again what he selfishly didn't make the effort for his best friend and a girl he might actually like beyond looks. He'll make it up somehow, he really needs to make it up as he heard his name being called out. Joshua follows the shouts down the fourth-floor corridor and was quite surprised to find it was a younger student calling his name. "Hi," Joshua greeted the boy, predicting already Alexis had sent him a rose.

Sully was gratified when he seemed to have successfully summoned another delivery, smiling and digging in his rose basket when an older boy approached. "You're Joshua?" He asked, grabbing the roses and their note. It had been tempting to peak at this one since it was a little unusual to have two roses and one note, not to mention the note felt like there was something else stuck to it. "I've got two for you, you must be popular." He teased, handing over the yellow and pink roses.

Josh,

I don't know why I'm doing this but I know I should because I am at fault here. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for bailing, for letting you think I am abandoning you at the game. I'm sorry for sucking as your best friend. I know you still can't forgive me but I just want to say I'm sorry. I miss my best chaser. I miss my best friend you. I miss you, Josh.

I know it's not much but, this photo is for you. At least, we were happy there. I miss you. I already said it, right? I don't care. I miss you. I really miss you.

Alexis
67b5224303b23d436dc5f0a2e9b647ea.png

"Toubia? Then, yes," Joshua nodded at the young boy with a loud mouth. With a booming voice like that, Joshua was impressed the boy hadn't use a wand to get his attention. "Thanks, I'm not," Joshua maybe on the team and wrote for the Hogwarts Monthly, but he was not popular at all. And he liked it that way, really he rather he was recognized for his writing than quidditch. Joshua took the note and roses, he read it briefly and stuff the note to his pocket soon after. Guilt riddle him, Alexis had such a forgiven heart. Joshua really needed to come up with some way to make it up to her.

Sully laughed when Joshua denied being popular. "Only cool people deny being cool," He said sagely. It was something he'd learnt from his own coolness experience "Only cool people get two roses at once as well," He added, trying to squash his curiosity while still craning to see if he could read the note over Joshua's shoulder. "Hey why would someone send a pink and a yellow one? Aren't they kinda opposites?"

Joshua scratched the back of his head uncomfortably, he not even sure what cool even meant or how it's supposed to be perceived. Whatever it was, it's the total opposite of Joshua and he super okay with that. While he may have shoved his note away, the picture fell and Joshua quickly, or tried to quickly pick it up as fast as possible. He held the picture close to the roses and shrugs, "I don't know. It's from a friend and she already has a boyfriend," Joshua tells the boy in case he had that idea on his mind. But, knowing Alexis, Joshua knows it's just Alexis being sweet and kind to him like she always is with him.

Sully shook his head at Joshua's continual denial of his coolness status. Poor dude was clearly in denial and Sully wasn't sure if he knew if that was still cool behavior or not. He peered at the picture that had come with Joshua's rose, able to catch a glimpse before Joshua quickly grabbed it. He knew that note had felt suspiciously bulky. "I may only be 12, but even I can tell when a girl likes someone. And couple-y photos and pink roses sounds a lot like what they'd do," He said, clapping Joshua on the arm. "Think about it, man." He said, sagely.

Joshua's brown eyes widen, the boy seems like he knew what he was talking about. But then again, he literally tells Joshua he was twelve years old. A nosey twelve year old trying to convince him that his best friend likes him in that way. "Ah, yeah okay. I h-have to go now," Joshua takes that cue and goes wherever his feet take him. He needed time alone with his thoughts and going to the tower was out of the question. He needed time alone but away from Alexis, and she might be in the tower.

Josh clearly had somewhere important to be and Sully wondered if maybe he was running off to talk to the girl who gave him the roses. He hoped that his advice had been helpful at least. "Okay, later, dude!" He called after him before turning to check who was next on his list.

Alexis had just come down from the tower and en route to the student lounge. She saw what seemed to a retreating figure of her best friend from where she was going. Breathing a sigh of relief, she was a bit pleased not to bump into him since it was the time of rose deliveries. She wondered if he had gotten hers. She was about to head inside when she saw the young boy who was checking his list. "Sully, right?", she asked, remembering him from the rose assignments and his unique way of calling the attention of his recipients.

Sully looked up when he heard someone say his name. It was cool how more people seemed to be getting to know him here now too, school was finally starting to feel more like it had with at his old primary. The girl looked kinda familiar and Sully finally realized he recognized her from the photo he'd just given with Josh's rose. "Yeah, that's me. And I know you! You're Joshua's 'friend'," He said, providing the air quotes. "I just delivered your roses! You just missed Joshua actually, he probably went to go find you I bet.." Sully said, peering down the hall to see where Joshua might have gotten to.

Alexis smiled at Sully. She liked his bright personality, so much that she almost did not catch what he said. He delivered her roses to Josh and assumed the wrong thing. She did not know whether to laugh or not but she let out a small chuckle. Imitating him with the fingers, "Friend? We're best friends actually, Sully. It's just that...", a sad look passed over her features. "We're not in good terms as of the moment." Sighing, she smiled again at the boy. "Did he receive them? Did he say something?", she asked, sounding hopeful.

Sully raised an eyebrow when Alexis mentioned she wasn't on good terms with her best friend. "Isn't that kinda the opposite of being best friends?," Sully felt even more sure about the rules of friendship than he did with dating and stuff, and he was pretty sure you couldn't be best friends if you were fighting. "Wait, why'd you send him a pink one if you're just friends?" He asked, even more confused. He was friends some girls, and he didn't think they were that different than being friends with boys. He was pleased when Alexis seemed to want to know how Joshua had reacted though. "He seemed happy, but got all worked up about it and left, so I assumed he wanted to talk to you about your declaration of love or whatever with the pink one." He said with a shrug, enjoying feeling like an important messenger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back