Closed Don't Tell

Sapphire laughed lightly. "Come on, Leo. You argue with him about being allowed to clean your room. James and I got into way worse fights- and over dumber things. I was more independent- and violent." She sipped her drink again. "There was a reason I played beater- a constructive way to get out all that energy, without getting into fights."

Leonardo shrugged a little, he knew that there could be worse fights, but he just didn't want to get into trouble. "I know, but like, my brain....I think it's broken," he said a little. "Like the idea of getting into trouble, of being a bother, and my brain short circuits and just believes I'm going to be cursed again, and not have control anymore. That I'll do something I don't want to do." Leo replied softly, not really looking at her. "I want to get angry, I have tried to, to express it, but whenever I do, I just think he's there, or that someone is going to curse,"

Sapphire blinked. "Of coure you're broken," She stated matter of factly. "What, did you think James would drag you over here and you'd just be some happy, normal teenager?" She shook her head. "It's called trauma, Leo. Has he tried to throw you into therapy yet?" She asked. She ran a hand over her hair. "Forget trying to rationalize things. Trying to figure out tomorrow isn't going to work. Literally all you can do is focus on today. Today, James will make us eat some big dinner he's making, again. I'm going to annoy you. You don't have to be a 'brother' or whatever, but maybe you can just start with 'actively involved' instead. Do you know how long it took me to accept my literal twin brother as mine? Why don't you offer to feed Seb or something tonight? Or offer to watch movies with Jordie. Give it a starting point."

Leonardo blinked a little at her bluntness, before giving the smallest ghost of a smile. Perhaps it was just nice for someone who knew it, to say it. The smile faded as quickly as it came before nodding. "I go there once a week when I'm home," he said, since he had needed it, but it just was slow progress really. Leo just listened along and though that she was being pretty straight forward, it felt like it would be easier said than done, but still a starting point. "You're right," he said with a shrug. "Some days it's just hard, and I still always think that I'm adult, I'm going to graduate, I believe I can't rely on uncle James forever, even though I know I'm wrong,"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sapphire sipped her drink. "Just do what I did." She offered to him. "Get a place nearby, keep your room here, come back a weekend or two a month, maybe more." She shrugged. "He's pretty flexible like that- you get your independence and some space, and he still gets you over enough to satisfy him."

Leo considered it. "He won't mind if I do that?" Leo could admit it was the most appealing choice he'd been offered, it would give him the freedom to grow alone, but also would allow him a space to come back to and he really wanted that.

Sapphire shrugged. "He didn't mind when I did. There's actually an open apartment a few roads over, I saw it on a walk the other day. I could go snag it for you, get it set up while you're at school." She pulled the sucker out of her mouth, waving the now empty stick. "I heard how James was giving you the multi-choice questions the other day- I can send you take your picks for furniture and we can get it set up?" She offered.

Leonardo blinked a little, there was always something about this new family, who always had the right solutions and were so open to him getting them. "Oh, no," he said. He didn't want to just get a place given to him. "I wouldn't be using it for another year, it would be wasteful of me, especially if someone else needed it," he said, just thinking about someone like him, but older and without the support of a family to help him.

Sapphire rolled her eyes. "Leo. I'll use it as my office if it makes you feel better and I'll move my stuff out when you graduate. I can't just let the boys claim you forever. Let me steal something, hm?" She prompted, giving him a playful wink.

Leonardo felt himself freeze lightly as she spoke, giving him such an easy solution to his current thinking. "Can I think it over?" he asked. "I'd also want to just chat to uncle James about it," Leo said with a nod, not wanting to immediately turn her down or accept. He needed to think.

Sapphire chuckled. "Fine, fine. But only if you come by once a week for lunch or something," She countered. "I'm tired of just waiting for you to be here." She struggled up to her feet, hand on her stomach. "Come on, let's go see if dinner is ready," She offered, holding out her hand for him.

Leonardo nodded in agreement, before immediately stepping in to help her. "Thanks Sapphire," he said gently. Wanting her to know he appreciated the conversation they had just had a whole lot. It gave him more to think about, but did help ease him mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back