Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eternally Smitten
Wand
Cedar Wood, Hippogriff Feather core, 13 1/2 inches
Onyx was heartbroken as he waited in the empty corridor for his sister. He sat with his back to the wall, knees pulled up and head buried in his arms as he sobbed, shaking violently and crying like a baby. He had cast a small muffling charm on himself so he didnt bring down the entire dungeon. He cried relentlessly, his heart shattered. He just waited for his sister to find him, not looking at anyone coming or going near him.

Zennon was having something of a confusing day, all things considered. He knew he should talk to Sam, but the reality was that he really did like her. Just, not as more than a friend. He'd decided he would talk to her during Brightstone, but he worried he was going to chicken out. He was on his way to her now, to invite her when he came across a Gryffindor who appeared to be sobbing in the dungeons. Curious, because normally he would have thought that they would be sobbing in the towers if anything. Or at least their own corridors. It wasn't until he got closer he realised why it was a Gryffindor and why it was the dungeons. "Onyx?" He'd never seen the Gryffindor so upset and he was surprised at how much he wanted to know why. He crouched down beside his best friend's brother and gently put a hand on his shoulder, hoping he wouldn't startle him. "Hey, Onyx, are you okay?" Bit of a dumb question he realised, given the guy was ugly crying in the dungeons quite pitifully, but what else was he supposed to say?​

Onyx glanced up, eyes red and puffy and tears staining his cheeks. He bit his lip, hard, whimpering and leaning against Zennon. It wasnt who he had come here for but he needed the support. "Its over. He doesn't love me. I've lost everything," he wailed, heart breaking in his chest. He brought a hand to cover his mouth. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," he whispered over and over, not even knowing who he was apologizing to.

Zennon had to brace himself against the wall as Onyx seemed to take his minor concern as an invitation to be touchy. Zennon wasn't really against it, it was just odd comping from someone he wasn't close with. He was used to it though, as the occasions he'd come across Onyx had normally lead to this sort of thing, Onyx was an affectionate person and so was Zennon, given the right circumstances. His conflicting emotions though were making this difficult. At his words, Zennon tried to recall the name of the guy he'd been dating... a Hufflepuff he was pretty sure, the one that was friend's with the twins? He wondered if they knew about this, or if maybe they were comforting him in the same vain. It wasn't hard to guess at what might have happened. Zennon moved to sit beside Onyx, instead of being crouched, and patted him softly on the shoulder. "Ah, I see," he wasn't quite sure what to say. This was clearly a post-breakup breakdown, and it sounded like his boyfriend might have been the instigator. "Well, f*ck him then, he didn't deserve you obviously," is that what you said to upset people? Merlin he could not deal with someone else's emotions right now. Especially guys. Girls he could do, he had sisters, but guys, ugh, no. This was too hard.​

Onyx struggled to pull himself together. "He cheated on me," He managed, hand clutching to the fabric of Zennon's shirt. "Since last year, he's been... I found out, I wanted to try and make it work, I offered to make it more casual to make him happy," He sobbed a little, biting his lip. "But he doesn't want me, I'm not good enough, I was never enough," He whimpered, bringing a hand up to try and wipe at his tear-soaked cheeks in vain.

Zennon was really at a bit of a loss, he was entirely sure what to do, if he was honest. He wasn't really sure if he considered Onyx to be a friend or not, but he'd been surprised at his own curiosity in the matter. He had to assume it stemmed from his friendship with Sapphire, but he really couldn't be sure of that. Maybe he was just nicer than certain people seemed to think he was? Hard to tell. He frowned though, at the word cheating. That was tough, Zennon certainly didn't agree with it, and he wouldn't ever do it himself, but he certainly knew some people did, he'd seen it himself. "Oh man, I'm sorry, that sucks," though he wasn't really sure what to say. Onyx was clutching him and, if he were being honest, it kind of hurt, but he felt like maybe Onyx just needed something or the moment, so he said nothing, instead trying to fix the way he was sitting in favour of releasing the pressure around skin Onyx seemed to keep pulling. It wasn't like Zennon wore particularly tight shirts all the time, this just happened to be one occasion, one, apparently, unfortunate one. "F*ck him, it's not your fault, he clearly just didn't deserve you. People like him never deserve good people," he said, hoping he might be helping in some way, but knowing he probably wasn't. He looked around hesitantly wondering if Sapphire was in the area at all. He was way out of his element about this and he needed emotional guidance himself.​

Onyx struggled to pull himself together, focusing on Zennon's warmth and trying to forget how royally he had messed up. He loosened his grip on Zennon's shirt a bit, struggling to get past his emotions. "But I love him," He whimpered, "I gave him everything, I poured my heart and soul into being with him," He pulled back a little. "I'm sorry- I'm sorry," He repeated, curling in tighter on himself. "I shouldn't... No one can ever love me," He whispered, taking in a ragged breath. "Jake couldn't be seen with me, he was ashamed of me, I gave Chrys everything and I wasn't enough, no one ever- I'm just Sapphire's stupid brother, no one will ever- why do I even try, I can't... I'm not worth being loved..." He whimpered, tangling his hands in his hair and cried pitifully, feeling completely lost and utterly alone.

Zennon inwardly sighed. He didn't know what to do and he looked around desperately for Sapphire. She would know what to do, she was his sister. He wasn't good with this emotional stuff, not like this. This was just... weird. Not that he didn't feel for Onyx, he did, but, he had no idea what to say, he wasn't good like Leda was, or Elsie, or even to a lesser extent, Rowan. He just felt awkward, like he was in the middle of a conversation he wasn't supposed to be hearing. He knew nothing about Onyx's relationship with Chrys really and he was only saying what he thought Onyx wanted to hear, he didn't really know who was at fault, how could he? He hadn't been there. "Onyx, I'm really sorry you're going through this, but... I don't know if I'm the right person for the job here, my dude," he said quietly, moving to shield Onyx from as many prying eyes as he could. "You're definitely deserving of love, you are," he said, trying to think of what he might've liked to hear in this situation, because, honestly, this wasn't far off of how he felt when he first had to learn to love himself after everything with his abilities and he was still working on it honestly. "People don't think that about you either. I don't think of you as Sapphire's stupid brother, I'm sure other people don't either, Chrysander is just... well," it was hard to describe the Hufflepuff and he still didn't really know the whole story, though it sounded genuine from Onyx. He really just didn't know.​

Amaya was on her way back to the dorm room when she spotted the scene up ahead. Oh lord. "Onyx!" She called, shifting her bag and hurrying over. She put a hand on Zennon's arm. "Hey, Zennon? I'll go find Sapphire. Don't talk, it's useless with him when he's like this, just... let him curl up against you and cry it out. Can you manage that? I know where Sapph could be," She looked up at the other Slytherin, hoping he could handle her cousin until she got back.

Zennon whipped around to hear someone calling him and Onyx and noticed Amaya. He didn’t know much about her, since she was the year below him, but he’d spoken to her a couple of times and he knew enough to know she was Onyx and Sapph’s cousin. “Yeah, I think I’ll be okay for a bit,” he said, looking down to just let Onyx do whatever he was going to do. He could stay there for a bit until someone got Sapphire at least, probably. “Just, you know... don’t take too long, I need this shirt.”

Last edited:
Onyx curled in closer on himself as he heard Amaya call him. "Go away, Amethyst," He whined softly, turning and hiding his face in Zennon's chest, biting his lip and trying to calm down. He just couldn't seem to get a grip on himself as he cried. His heart had just... shattered when he had seen Chrys with someone else, and he had tried to piece it back together to make things work, but all it had done was push Chrys away from him completely. Onyx couldn't handle it, he didn't know how to be, what to do, and the thought of not being Chrys's kitty just hurt him so badly. He sniffled, moving to bite his fist to try and gain some semblance of control.

Zennon was so out of his element. Crying people in general he wasn’t so great with, though of her was going to be a healer he supposed that was something he was going to have to deal with occasionally so learning was probably in his best interest, but that didn’t mean he would automatically be good at it just by thinking about it. Also, this was Onyx who he wasn’t very close with. He considered Onyx an acquaintance but not really a friend since they’d never really spoken much. Still, he didn’t wish the Gryffindor any harm either and this situation did suck. As Onyx hid his face a bit, Zennon reached up carefully to wrap his arm around his shoulders a little. It was awkward but he hoped it was some comfort to him at least.​

Onyx was trying his hardest to calm down, curling up into Zennon's side, but it was hard when he felt like he had been ripped apart. When Zennon put an arm around him, Onyx curled into his side, burying his face in Zennon's shoulder. He was biting his lip, hiccuping pitifully, shaking like a leaf as he tried to pull himself together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back