Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 12 Inch Flexible Cypress Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
It had been some time since her run in with Cassius and the boy from another house and Snowdrop had stopped seeking him out for the most part. However if she ran into him she knew she'd form comradery with him - if only to tick off that Slytherin further. So on that dull and cloudy day when Snowdrop was heading down to study outside for some extra peace and quiet, when she saw him she couldn't help but approach regardless on if what he was doing was important. "hey." She said getting his attention, holding her books to her chest. "How's your nose feeling?" She asked, tilting her head to the side, and wondering if magic had fixed him up or if he even knew to go to a healer for that considering what Cassius called him.

Gregory's continued run-ins with Cassius were beginning to weigh on him a little. The bruising had healed up, but his knee, and his hands now had the pink band-aids from when he'd been shoved. He just knew every occasion he'd run into Cassius would end up badly for him. He just knew it. It didn't help that the words he said were felt as harshly. He was worthless in this world, dirty blood, and the lowest of the low, and he knew that these things had to be true, even if Cassius was the only one saying them, because that boy knew better. He'd come outside, just enjoying the peace and quiet, reluctant to approach anyone to have a conversation in case they'd react as Cassius had. But he didn't need to, as a girl approached, and he recognized her. She'd stepped in before things had gotten worse. He pushed his glasses up his nose and just nodded. ”Much better,” he replied. Doing his best to try to keep the pink band-aid on his hand from view. ”Thanks…by the way, for your help,” he told her, since he was thankful she had stepped in and was not too proud to admit he cleared needed saving every so often.

Snowdrop offers a friendly smile that breaks her stony resting face to show she isn't quite as moody as she looks. As he thanks her for her help she shrugs. "I've always been taught to stand up for what I believe in. And I believe that Cassius Styx is a complete jerk so anyone he picks on is under my care now." She said with a small chuckle. Her eyes fled to his hand and she looked back up at his bespectacled face, concerned. "Are you just very accident prone or did he do that too?" She asked gently. She didn't want him to think she was going to go picking a fight with Cassius, but she wanted to know how much of a bully that kid was. "Oh, my manners, I'm Snowdrop Chase, I'm a Gryffindor. You can call me Snow though, my mum was kind of nuts with the name thing." She held out her hand to shake his politely, just as her mum had taught her.

Gregory gave a little laugh at her statement. He wasn't about to call Cassius a jerk, though he did very much believe it. He had always been taught to have values and to stand up for what they believe in, but he didn't exactly want to fight people, he wasn't very good at fighting people, and he didn't fight people. Gregory glanced at his hands and gave a little smile. ”Just accident-prone, tripped up after flying,” the boy lied, in part he was accident-prone, but these hadn't been by accident. ”I'm Gregory,” he didn't think that Snow was that wild a name, but it wasn't particularly common. Gregory took her hand and shook her hand. ”Snowdrop is a nice name,”

Snow was glad to see the boy laugh at least, since last time she'd seen him he'd been a bit more weepy looking. She nodded as he spoke about his injury. "Did that weird new healer give you the pink band-aids? The one with the pink hair? I thought she was a seventh year when I went in for an upset stomach." She said with a laugh. Snow felt her face heat up at his comment about her name and scrunched her nose a bit to will it away. "Thanks. So Cass called you a pretty terrible name, you uhm, you're muggleborn?" She asked curiously. She'd never met one before.

Gregory shook his head lightly, "Dahlia gave them to me," he replied. Despite everything, he hadn't yet been to the nurse's office. Instead having managed on his own without. Gregory hadn't really wanted to talk about it. But it seemed this girl did. He just gave a half shrug, "Yeah..," he replied tentatively, "Probably," he was worried that while she had been nice enough to help him against Cass that she too would have opinions on it. If she wasn't one, which he was assuming she wasn't, she was above him, better than him. She certainly probably wouldn't want to be his friend.

Snow heard his answer, like he was scared to answer her. "Hey, don't worry, I don't have my head up my rear about stuff like that." She looked around and whispered. "My dad's a werewolf so I get what it's like to feel like you aren't born good enough sort of." She said trying to relate to him. While she wasn't a werewolf herself, her dad being one made him an outcast, and her mom was a black sheep in her own family - so despite being pureblood she was no Styx. "You know blood status is kind of stupid anyways, like you can't help who you're born to. The thing is magic thought you were so deserving that even though you were born from two muggles it still chose you." She said encouragingly.

Gregory wasn't sure if he believed her about it, and frowned even more deeply at her admission about her dad. Gregory hadn't even known that werewolves were real, and he was speaking to one who was related to her. He didn't know what it meant to be a werewolf in this world, but had to imagine that it wasn't always a good thing. ”Werewolves are real?” He wasn't sure he believed her, sure he knew that you couldn't control who you were born to. It would mean that some things were un-helped, but this was a new world, and maybe it did have rules. ”Well, I'm adopted…so maybe there was magic,” he decided to say, he didn't necessarily think that he was deserving of the magic, so perhaps he had a magical relative and just would never know.

Snow didn't realize just how much this kid didn't know and displayed genuine shock. She hushed him. "Don't say the word so loud, some people are still freaked out by them. Yes they're real. I could point you toward some good books. I read about them to try and understand my dad's condition better this year. Though I'm sure he'd rather I didn't take any interest." She said rambling a bit awkwardly due to the subject. "Anyways, magic, no magic, it doesn't matter. The people who are judgy based on that are kind of jerks anyways. But you're allowed to decide that for yourself. Just know if he keeps bothering you I've got your back okay?" She said, feeling like it was her duty to protect those who couldn't.

Gregory felt himself go a little red as she reprimanded him lightly for saying it out loud. He hushed himself as she then began talking about it. He nodded a little at it. ”I'd like to know,” he would want to know more about it. He needed to know more about this magical world. He nodded along with what she was saying. Gregory wasn't sure he would go to her if more happened. ”Okay, I will do,” he assured her. He wasn't entirely sure if he would actually do it. But he could at least say that he would know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back