OOC First Name
Pheeb
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Swishy Cedar Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Majora was trying to get Nox to help him with the rose delivering. If owls were good at figuring out who people were, why weren't cats too? He had asked his feline to find one of the Hufflepuff boys, and watched quietly as his birthday present pranced across the lawn. Following behind, half wondering if Nox had any idea what he was doing, he eventually stopped in mid walk, glancing between Majora and a boy a short distance away. Trying his luck, the first year pushed on. "Arvel Awers?" he said, glancing down at his list. "Ayers." He correctly quickly. "Is that you?"

Arvel was having a terrible day. Not just because it was Valentine's day and he hadn't had any roses - he'd been prepared for that - but because he was overthinking the rose he'd sent to Analei. No matter how he tried to push it from his mind, to focus on the homework he'd barely even started, it kept creeping back up on him. He couldn't even remember exactly what he'd written. It had been a spur of the moment thing. But he definitely remembered using the word 'perfect'.

A small voice recalled him from his thoughts. "Yees..?" he said, not quite daring to believe his eyes.

Apparently, Nox had been bang on the mark as this boy answered to the name he was looking for. "Present. Well, it's not a present. It's a rose. From the garden. For valentines day," Majora handed the pink rose over quickly before he could resort to any more clarifications. He knew what they were for, why wouldn't someone so old know too? The Slytherin had completely forgotten about the note that had come detached from the rose however, just staring blanking at the student out of curiosity of his reaction.

Arvel stared at the small boy. He hadn't thought it possible, but yes - it appeared there was somebody in the world even more socially inept than Arvel. Well, almost. Arvel felt a kindred spirit in him, anyway. He took the rose automatically, before he'd even registered what colour it was. Pink! Two years in a row... Could it have been from the same person? And who on earth was it? "Thanks," he said, shifting his weight awkwardly. "Was there... a note?"

The boy didn't seem pleased about the pink rose. Maybe he wanted a red one. Who was Majora to know what he wanted? "You're welcome," he replied, thinking that was it and he may as well move on, but then he seemed to ask him about a note. "Does it look like it came with a note?" he glanced to the object in the boys hand, there was nothing attached to it. He glanced in his basket and did indeed see a note floating around by itself, and sheepishly Majora pulled it over, having a good read of it before handing it over to the older student.
Meet me in the towers later?

"No," Arvel said. Obviously not, or I wouldn't have asked. He frowned as the boy fished a note out of his basket and began to read it. "Is that for me, then?" he hinted heavily. Finally the boy handed it over. Arvel read it over once and flushed a deep shade of red. Even his chest felt hot. "Um - right - thanks," he stammered, his mind so far away that his voice seemed to come from somebody else standing several meters in front of him. It had to be from Jacob. And he wanted to meet Arvel... tonight. He cleared his throat. "Can - can I help you with something else?"

Majora narrowed his eyes as he watched the boy turn a darker shade than half the roses in his basket. Well this was an interesting development. He expected the older student to shoo him away like a lost puppy, he seemed the type to not have too many friends, preferring his own company, although Majora was surprised to hear him be asked directly for another favour. The audacity. What was he, a first year which meant that he could be bossed around? "Maybe. That depends. I have a condition. What's the task?" he asked, eyeing him up slowly.

"What... task?" Arvel asked, utterly bemused. Had the boy not realised the question was rhetorical? And what on earth was he talking about? "I don't have a task."

Majora's frown began to match the older boy who looked confused that he'd asked the Slytherin for a favour. "Then don't waste my time!" Majora had plenty of things to be doing that didn't involve running around for the other kids. "Get yourself a personal assistant next time," he said, trying to summon his cat back to him before Nox found the lake.

"How am I-" Arvel started, but decided not to finish. Obviously there had been some sort of misunderstanding. "OK. Sorry." He didn't have time to stand around arguing about this. He wanted to run back to his dorm and study the handwriting on the note. "Bye, then," he said hopefully.

Majora was more satisfied once the older boy had apologised. He picked Nox under one arm, holding the cat close so he could whisper to him as he turned away. "Apparently the P on his robes stands for Pretentious." he mumbled, before hurrying off to find the next person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back