Don't forget to write

Emer Laude

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Self-made: 9 1/5" Ngaio Wand with core of Huia Head Feather
Emer had been terribly upset when Rosiee came into the shop full of anger. She hadn't been accepted to Hogwarts New Zealand, they simply couldn't take any more fourth or fifth year students. It broke her heart to see her eldest child so upset, and though it pained her considerably, Emer had suggested she apply for Hogwarts Scotland. Emer had received her own magical education from there - at a distance: she had corresponded with one Minerva McGonegal, and had been penpals with a number of students there while she attended muggle school at home in Dunedin. Despite having tried her hardest to instill an attitude of curiosity about the world, and a willingness for adventure in her children, Emer hated the thought of them leaving her. And here she was, encouraging her daughter to go to school on the other side of the world. Well, thank goodness for owls. They would find her no matter where she was and ensure she received her letters.

Emer went to the magical post office and paid for the services of a long distance owl. She realised she'd have to get her own soon, if her children insisted on scattering themselves around the globe, but for now this would do.
Owl mail said:
Dear Rosiee,

I miss you so much already. I hope you made it safely, I know travelling by floo powder can be messy, but it's the cheapest option. Keep practicing your apparition - soon you'll be able to come and go easily!
The house seems very empty without you and Faxen. The boys have no-one to pick on! I think they're slowly going insane. :) Faxen got sorted into Gryffindor, how about you? Was the Sorting Hat nice? I always wished I had been sorted. I think I would probably have been a Hufflepuff. Everything's very busy at Ollivander's, although it's much quieter now since term began. The boys are busy at school and Ksaafa tells me he wants to go on an exchange to Chile! I know it's my fault, telling you all those stories about how much fun I had travelling the world when I was younger, but I wish you would all just stay home and keep your poor Mum company! I don't know what I'll do without you.
I hope you're settling in well at school.Is it difficult? I hope I've taught you enough to get by on. I love you, Rosiee, and I know you'll do well no matter what.
Don't forget to write. I miss you like crazy.
Love Mum, Ollie and the twins xoxo​
<i></i>
<i>
</i>

Rosiee was at th great hall, full of books on the long table where her house table was on. She was getting busier and busier all day even though she's just a few weeks at the school. Being a real student and not just staying at home, she didn't expect this at all, she sigh as she closed her Transfiguration book. Rosiee is missing her family, she misses her naughty brothers, now that she's away from them Rosiee was out of the boys claws. Thinking about this made her smile when she heard hoots of owls above her, it was mail time and this time her owl, Genesis, was swooping down on her and drop a roll of newspaper and an envelop. Genesis then landed softly at her right shoulder, "Okay, what do we have here." She mumbled to herself and opened the envelope first and saw her mother's handwriting, Rosiee read it and almost cried, she thought that her family have forgotten her because they didn't wrote to her for a week now.

After reading the letter, she took a fancy paper out of her bag and a muggle fountain pen, so, it will be easier for her to write rather than dip and write, dip and write. It makes her arm get tired and sometimes messes up her papers, Rosiee then started to answer back the letter with a soft touch on the fancy paper.
Letters to family said:
Mom ...

Oh god, I think this family is destined to be a Gryffindor because I just got sorted into Gryffindor. I also misses you and the other's so much, I meet a guy here but he's older by one year than me, I think I got to have many friends as days goes by. And about my apparation? its quite okay but I don't get to practice much as the school has anti-apparation charms all over ...I don't want to be expelled that easily you know.

Oh, mom. Don't be sad if were not there with you, I still can go home on holidays and that's the same as Faxen and about Ksaafa? are you sure you will let him go? I mean his too young to be away and that leaves you with Cale and Ollie, that two are pain in the butt.

School is harder than I thought, I should just have stayed being home schooled, I'm sorry, I did another mistake. But as long as I'm happy and having fun, I'm not thinking its hard. This is my end point, I have to study.

Miss you
Rosiee ...
After writing the letter, Rosiee re-read the letter and put it on a fancy envelope the same as the paper. She first gave Genesis a treat and tied the envelope onto his leg, "Send this to mom, have a safe trip." Rosiee told Genesis and smiled. The bird flew away and Rosiee continued to study, she wasn't expecting anyone walking by to her, so, she just continued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back