Do you want to fly a broomstick?

James Adams

OOC First Name
James
Sexual Orientation
Esmexual.
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
James had been very well behaved recently after the slight 'interruption' that he may have been partially responsible for last year, but with half of the year gone already, he was already starting to feel a little bored. So he decided to take both of his brooms, one current and one slightly older, down to the Great Lawn for a spot of practice. Normally the Quidditch Pitch was perfect for this, but today he wanted to encourage greater activity amongst the younger students, so he had the aim of spicing up Quidditch for them with a couple of games. He didn't exactly have a perfect plan in his head, and he hadn't actually cleared it with the teachers, but hey, it wasn't exactly going to be dangerous, and anyway, he was helping to break down the rigid social constraints within a society and encourage greater bonding between the year groups. Orwell the rebel would be proud of that, he thought. So his general idea was to find a willing volunteer, play a game with them, lose deliberately the first time and have to take a forfeit. Hopefully this would encourage more people to join in. Thus, brooms hovering in the air in front of him, James stood on the lawn and waited for somebody to walk nearby.

The day has started good for Firmiana, she was getting the hang of the Castle and its people, or rather, students. It took her awhile to meet people because she spent sometime at their dormitory crying about the change but then Firmiana had had it and was getting sick for sulking. Today she decided to put some color at their cold and gloomy dormitory being it is at the bottom of the Castle, practically, in the muggle world it is consider to be the basement where old stuff are being put. Firmiana discovered that there was a garden beyond the Great Lawn and thought to pick some flowers from there. While venturing the grassy field, she looked around and smiled at the beauty of the outside of the dungeon.

Octavian was feeling good after the Yule ball and recharged after the holidays so it was good to be back at the castle ready for a new semester. He wondered what adventure would await him this time around. The common room was unusually quiet so Octavian chose to takehis boredom outside in attempt to find something, or someone interesting. Walking across the lawn he spotting a blonde girl that he knew to bein Slytherin. He wondered what she was doing out on her own, perhaps the same thing he was. With that in mind Octavian made his way over to her.

James was about to give up hope - on the brightest of mornings, what were the chances of nobody going outside? - but then he suddenly spotted two young students and then the game was on. Sauntering up to the two of them, he grinned and welcomed them, noting that one at least was in Gryffindor. "Hey, do you guys want to play a game? If you can catch me on a broomstick - no holds barred by the way, spells fully allowed, although against me... - then I'll do whatever forfeit you ask of me. Prefect's promise." He grinned once more, and waited whilst they processed the request and whether they wanted to do anything about it.

Continuing her venture, stopping only when she sees something worth looking for, when she noticed a guy walking toward her. Firmiana was trying to regain her friendliness after being apart from the orphanage that she grew up in, baby steps, Firmiana, baby steps the young Slytherin told to herself as she put a smile on her face and wave as a greeting to the guy. Though, she frowned when an older student came running behind the latter. A game? Firmiana asked herself rather than the older guy when he offered a game. "Wouldn't that be rule breaking? and you being a Prefect means your word against us?" Firmiana folded her arms in front of her chest as she stated the fact. The Slytherin is just a first year and noway she's going to break any rules.

As James reached the two students, it was clear one disliked him just as he approached. Since he wasn't doing anything wrong, it was likely to be an unjustified, but totally acceptable, predilection that bad things often happened around older students (although, as he thought that, he remembered last year's first year intake and the trouble they had been). James was slightly disappointed when the girl didn't seem to relish the idea of his little game; it was only meant as a little light-hearted fun after all. "Rule breaking? The teachers can't stop us for having a little fun, only if -" He stopped himself. He had been about to say if things get out of hand, but it was obvious that that would definitely not appease the witch. "And no, my word means as little as yours in this establishment. I've learnt that the hard way... So, a little game?"
<i></i>

Octavian had heard stories about this prefect and knew that his antics weren't a trap but it was likely whatever he was planning wasn't safe but the young Gryffindor had to confess himself intruiged at just what he had in mind for the two first years. "I've heard about some of your antics, from what I've heard you like playing with fire, I'm in, whatever it is your plotting here," Octavian was growing a little bored of his routine so was looking for something fun to do. He turned to his fellow first year and smiled at her. "What do you say, could be fun,"

Although the girl was still looking sceptical, the boy it seemed was more open to ideas. This was the person to focus on, definitely. When the boy started speaking, James couldn't help a grin. "Sadly enough, I don't play with fire; fire plays with me. I mean, I could tell you all about that occasion when a fellow student shot fire spells at me in the Great Hall, but that pales in comparison to when I managed to cause an explosion here on thr Great Lawn. Now that was fire. Still, it hurt quite a bit at the actual time...And no, not plotting, just wanting a little fun. The idea is if you catch me, I'll do whatever forfeit you ask of me. Sounds fair?"

The young witch listened to the eldest as he stated his reasoning about the game. She wasn't still convince that the Prefect wont turn against them if ever something drastically happened, though, it does involve broomsticks and she's not quite good at it yet. But the other guy with them seems up for anything. The two were conversing the others fail attempt of a good time and how the game works. Seems easy and fun Firmiana thought. And now the latter is convincing her to play. Firmiana looked at him back, arms still folded, waiting for her answer. She gave up and said "Alright, I'm in, too. But if anything happens to either one of us, you pick up the fault." Firmiana pointed at the Prefect. It's funny though that she didn't even know their names and they're agreeing to this ridiculousness.

Finally the two students seemed to be warming to him somewhat, and his grin grew a little. This could definitely be some fun. Obligated to answer her question, he didn't even pause, he knew his answer already. "Of course. It's my last year, I've been in plenty of trouble before, I'm not sure I even care anymore. But that said, nothing should happen." Then, stepping smartly onto his broom, he motioned towards his other one. "Unfortunately there's only one other broom, so unless someone happens to have stashed one of their own down their jumper, one of you won't be able to play." Then, kicking off, he sped upwards into the sky, trailing a shower of red and gold sparks behind him from his wand, hoping to catch peoples' attention.

Miya had just finished picking some flowers from the garden and weaving them into a crown, which she wore on her head. She'd been practising her flower crown making a lot recently and thought she was improving, since they didn't fall apart so much any more. Wandering over to the lawn, she listened in to conversations of those around her until she saw the Gryffindor-coloured sparks from the boy on the broom. Hesitantly curious, Miya approached the small group. "Something's happening?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back