Discovering Truths

“No.” A tear fell from Lemi’s eye. Her face turned pale.”Who was Harry Troque.”

“I’ll explain all this to you, but not now, I want to do it to everyone. Is Lizzi home. I understand she attended Hogwarts Scotland.” Emerich placed his wand back in his pocket. He took hold of Lemina and stroked her hair. “I love you darling.”

“Lizzi, Lizzi, Lizzi isn’t home yet.” Lemi burst into tears. She rested her head against her father’s chest. He had changed so much since she’d last seen him.

“I suppose, but I don’t know what Mama’ll think.” Lemi paused. “She, she, she thinks you’re dead.”

“Understandable.” Emerich picked up his daughter, despite her age and carried her to the side of the house. It was his house, he’d grown up in it and knew the nooks and crannies better than everyone else. He walked slowly to the side of the house. At massive bush was planted there. He’d planted it himself. Slowly he pulled his wand out and made the bush move.

There was a door concealed there. He opened it and walked in. There was a largish room and a passage way. The passage led to the master bedroom, but the end was blocked in, so you had to apparate. He closed the door, but left the bush where it was.

Sitting down he smiled at Lemina. “Honey. I’ll explain later. When Lizzi is home. Come here. Knock on the door. I’ll come out. I’ll wait five minutes and then apparate to the living room, and tell everyone. Alright?”

Lemina would normally have marvelled at the secret passageway. She loved finding the secrets of this house. But now, she was too absorbed in the sudden coming back to life of her father.

“O, okay.” She decided the best thing to do was act normally until Lizzi came home, it would be hard she knew. “Pa, pa, papa? Can you apparate me to the village?” She been a while already, and even if she ran, Mama would still be worried about how long she was taking.

“Alright then, hold tight to me.” He grabbed hold of Lemina’s shoulder and apparated a quiet area of the village. “Do what it is you want to do, then come back here.”

“Thanks Pa.” She grabbed tightly onto her father. When they got to the village she ran as fast as possible to the shop. On approach, she slowed down, took a few deep breaths, and entered. “Hiya Mrs White. Can I have a kilo of icing sugar, please?” Mrs White weighed the sugar and placed it in a bag.

Lemi pulled out her purse but Mrs White whispered, “No charge, darling. A coming home gift. I haven’t seen you since Christmas, and you were away for most of that. So how is boarding school, anyway?”

“Oh, it’s good. And thank you so much. I best get back, I’ve got a cake to make before Lizzi comes home.”

Mrs White called out a goodbye and Lemi ran to where her father was hiding. She smiled weakly, without her usual twinkle and they apparated back. She arrived at the door and gave her father a hug before walking inside. “I’ll miss you Pa.”

Emerich waited patiently whilst Lemi went wherever she had to go. Within about five minutes she came back, carrying a single bag. He apparated her home and whispered, “I will too honey. Remember.” Before heading back to his secret room.

Lemina entered the house. “Hi.” She whispered. She brought the icing sugar in and they made a cake together. Once it was done they placed it in the oven whilst Mama made the dinner. They went outside and played with the plant pot again. Lemi not quite so whole heartedly.

After an hour, suddenly Lemina heard some people approach the house. She ran around, followed by Celia and Mina.

“Hey Lemi!” Lizzi called out the moment she saw her sister. She ran up and gave her the biggest hug she’s given someone in her life. Together with Callum, his mum, and Lemi, they all entered the house.

“I can’t believe it’s you!” Her thoughts about Emerich had evaporated, she was so pleased to see her sister.

Emily heard some people enter the house. She saw Lizzi, Lemi and Callum with his mother, Michelle. “Lizzi!” She gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek. Then she turned to Michelle. “Would you like to stay for tea. I’m making a roast beef dinner.”

“No, no, it’s quite alright. We’ve got our own celebrations to do, and I don’t want to interrupt!” With that Michelle and Callum apparated on the spot.

“Bye...” Emily trailed off, before turning to her daughters. “My little girls!” There were tears in her eyes

“Bye Callum.” Lizzi was going to miss him during the holidays. “Come up any time. I’m free any day. Missing you already” She hugged her mother, and smiled.

Lemina realised this was the best moment to get Papa. Whilst everyone was happy. “I’m just going to go tell the little ones you’re back.” Lemi smiled. She ran out the back door, “Celia, Mina, Lizzi’s home.”

Mina ran in. She loved Lizzi, she was her favourite sister,definately. As soon as she saw her she called out, “Lizzi!” And jumped into her arms.”Huggles!”

Celia was a little more reluctant. She didn’t adore Lizzi like she did Lemi, but still wanted to see her. She ran inside and gave her a hug. “Hi Lizzi, I missed you.

“Woah.” Lizzi joked, “Hug bombardment!” She laughed and hugged both her baby sisters, especially Mina.

Lemina could hear the girls getting excited. She slid around the house to the door, admiring the silver thistles en-route. She knocked. “Papa. She’s back.” Lemi said, barely audible. A tear fell, and she ran around to the front of the house again. Darting in, she saw all her sisters giving each other ‘huggles’, as Mina called it.

She had to get them in the living room. “Girls I got presents for you. Mama too! Living room!” Picking up her trunk she dragged it through.

Lizzi ran through to the living, carrying Mina and Celia. “Yay! I love pressies.”

When everybody was present Lemi smiled. “Okay,” She flipped open her trunk and pulled out a bag of Honeydukes Special Homemade Fudge for Mama and an amythest ring from James Jewlry; a pair of Ravenclaw earrings and a sugar quill for Lizzi; a massive set of crayons for Celia and a picture book for Mina. She also got a big bag of fizzing whizbees to share. She was about to pull out the extra special present for Lizzi.

“Thanks!” Lizzi exclaimed at her present. She sucked a bit of the sugar quill and put in the earrings. “This is ace! I love you Lemi! You rock!” Ripping open the packet of whizbees, she popped one into her mouth and passed them around.

“Thanks!” Lizzi exclaimed at her present. She sucked a bit of the sugar quill and put in the earrings. “This is ace! I love you Lemi! You rock!” Ripping open the packet of whizbees, she popped one into her mouth and passed them around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back