Discovering Truths

“Tank yoo.” Mina smiled at her elder sister. “I love it. Can you read it to me?”

Emily smiled gratefully at Lemi’s present. “Thank you dear. It’s lovely.” She put on the ring and placed the bag of Fudge on the mantel.

“Thanks guys.” Lemina smiled. She took a whizbee from Lizzi. “It’s nothing much, just a few things I grabbed in Brightstone."

Emerich decided he’d better do it now, or he wouldn’t have the courage. There was a ‘pop’ in the hall and he knocked on the door, before entering. “Umm, hi.”

Emily grinned. “Thanks honey.” She looked up. Ha, Ha, Harry? She bit her lip then whispered, “Who are you.”

“You, you, you can’t be.” Emily stuttered. Harry was the only one who called her Em. No one had said the name since he died.

“I am, although I’m not Harry Troque.” Emerich sat down and put his arm around Lemi. He sat the youngest child on his lap. He knew who she was, yet was unsure of her name.

“I amn’t a muggle. I’m a wizard. My name is Emerich Vesper. I’m from a noble, pure-blooded Slytherin family. I met you and it was love at first sight. I couldn’t live with anyone else. All I wanted was you. So I pretended to be a muggle. I took up a new identity. Remember at the time I thought you were a muggle too. Then one day, you confessed your witchcraft. I would have told you, except I was scared. Scared you’d reject me if you knew my background.”

“So I continued to live as Harry Troque. The whole time my parents didn’t know about you, they thought I was dead. Then one day, when you were pregnant with this beautiful girl here, my parents got in touch with me. I’d been writing to my sister, Julie, ever since I met you. And she finally accidently gave them my details. Then they visited me, and made me think I missed being a proper wizard, rather than living like a squib. I wrote a will, making up some things about Julie. And then I faked death in a muggle car crash.”

“I went home and moved in with Hoover. Then a few weeks ago, I realised I missed you guys. I was living without my family. So I came back. I love you all, but I, I, I’ll understand it if you won’t accept me.”

Emerich paused, he realised he’d left out a few things, but didn’t say anything and waited to answer questions. He knew there’d be some.

Lemi was in tears. She had a question though, and wouldn’t rest until it was answered. “I love you Pa, and you’ll always be my Papa, no matter what. Nothing can change that. I swear. But, who, who is Hoover?” She grabbed hold of Papa.

“Hoover is my son. Before I married your mother I had an arranged marriage with a death eater. I had two twins with her. Lilea and Hoover. They’re 18. She was killed in a battle. Despite myself, I was overjoyed. I soon found you. I gave Lilea and Hoover to my parents and went out for a day. I never came back, they thought I’d died.” Emerich went on to explain the key point he’d missed out.

“I don’t know. If truth be told Lemina, I don’t know.” Emerich replied, regretting his decision in ways.

“Darling, anything for you.” Emerich smiled, stroking Emily’s hair. He looked at his four youngest children. I can’t believe I left this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back