Dinner for one

Tom Fletcher

OOC First Name
Mike
Wand
14 3/4" Canadian Maplewood wand with an essence of Hippogriff feather
Tom entered the Great Hall, glad that his lessons were over for the week. Tom walked over to the staff table, hoping to see someone there. A frown was etched upon Tom's face, seeing that no one was there. Tom looked around to see if there was any misbehaviour, and then sunk into the empty seat near to him. Tom rolled up his sleeves, and helped himself to a few chicken drumsticks, and a goblet of pumpkin juice. Tom had been here for a few moths now, and still hadn't got to know many of the staff. I think its now time for a change Tom said promising to make more of an attempt to meet the other Professors.

Isolde sighed as she walked in to the Great Hall, completely exhausted. She wasn't quite used to teaching yet. Oh, she liked it well enough, but it was a stressful job. Teaching the first years was the hardest, she found. Second and third years had difficult work, but there weren't as many of them. As for the sixth years, they were mature students, who knew what they were doing. Besides, she hadn't set them any essays. Smiling gently to herself, she approached the staff table, which was empty except for one person. Pushing her wavy blonde hair out of her face, she approached the younger man. "Hello," she greeted, warmly. "I don't believe we have met. I'm Isolde," she said, holding her hand out for the man, who she recognised to be a Professor (although didn't know his name) to shake.

Tom smiled when he saw whom he took to be another professor coming. Company at last Tom said and waited for her to take a seat. "Tom, Tom Fletcher" He said, shaking her hand. "I teach care fo magical creatures, yourself?" he asked her, finally glad there was someone to talk to.

"Pleasure to meet you, Tom," Isolde replied, shaking his hand. "Care of Magical Creatures, hey? Interesting. Never studied it myself, I would have liked to, though. I teach History of Magic." She winced, mock dramatically. "Oh, please don't be yet another person who hates history. If you are, keep it to yourself," she laughed, with a twinkle in her eye. Many people disliked history. Isolde found it fascinating, herself, but she had trouble finding people who shared her fascination and passion for history. She grinned at Tom, hoping she hadn't scared him off. "How long have you been teaching here?"

"No, I wold never say I fully enjoyed it, but most of the time, it was fun" Tom said hoping he hadnt offended her. "I have been teaching here, since the start of the 2nd term, last year" Tom said, having to think about it for a second. "I take it you started this term?" He asked her. "Enjoying it?" He asked her.

"Fair enough. I guess it can be fairly dull at times," she admitted, with a slight shrug of her shoulders. "You've been here longer than me, I only started this term. It's fun. Stressful, but fun. How's dealing with the magical creatures?" she asked, fascinated. In about her fourth year, she'd started to regret not picking Care of Magical Creatures, although she did love the electives she chose.

"Well I havent really got on to dangerous creatures yet, do that next term with my sixth years. Thats the most fun thing about the class. But now Im doing the fairly magical and talented ones, so its not too bad" Tom said earnestly. Your lessons?" he asked her being polite.

Isolde nodded. "Sounds exciting. Try not to hurt my sixth years too much though, I rather like them," she laughed. "They're learning about the House Founders at the moment...that's interesting but hardly stressful. The younger years, I just give them essay after essay. I wish I could teach modern history but that's not on the curriculum." She paused for a moment, remembering something. "If you were here second term of last year, you would've been here for the TriWizard fiasco, right? I heard about it but I'm not exactly sure what happened..."

"I cant promise anything there, but they should be fine, we cant actually see any of the creatures, becuase quite frankly they're just too dangerous, but with the 7th Years, they see Acromantulas and Dragons so.." Tom said. "Yes I was here for the fiasco, although arrived a bit too late, to miss the abduction, but it was pandemonium afterwards" Tom said.

[I hope this is still open. ^_^ I'm not sure Professor King has had an RP with either of you yet. :o ]

Nicolas entered the great hall and smiled, the hall seemed to be buzzing with student life and conversation. He looked up to the staff table and noted two lone individuals there, though he'd figured more professors would have been at supper already he was sure they had some reason not to be.
Professor King walked down the centre of the Great Hall, in between two house tables (Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, I'm guessing). Once he reached the raised platform the staff table was set on he walked to a few steps and walked behind the table toward his seat nearer the centre of the table. Nicolas smiled kindly toward the two professors, "Good evening." He greeted them, they seemed to be in the middle of some sort of conversation and he didn't want to interrupt it entirely.

Ceratus had been cooking in the kitchens as usual when he heard voices that didn't sound like students. Rather curious he decided he might as well see who they were.
Stepping back from his kitchen bench he snapped his fingers and disappeared with a loud CRACK

With anotehr CRACK he appeared on the table intont of... oh dear.... He thought as he looked at the professors and then to nicolas himself. Ceratus had never acted like a normal house elf in that he wasnt quite as formal. But now, aftera moment of shock he sent himself in a bow. "Oh.. Sorry to brother you professors...can faithful ceratus get you something?" He felt stupid acting like this, though if he didnt they might send him away from hogwarts and since he had been taken in as a child here he had nowhere else to go.

Isolde looked impressed. "Acromantulas and dragons? That sounds absolutely fascinating!" she exclaimed, truthfully. "As for the TriWizard...it's horrible what happened, but I'm glad things have calmed. Hogwarts seems to be running quite well," she said, approvingly. Just then, a third Professor appeared. Isolde smiled, happily. More company, more chance to meet Professors, she thought to herself. Having only been teaching for a couple of weeks, and having had to have spent most of that time settling in, she was starved of company around her own age. "Evening," she responded. "Professor King, unless I am much mistaken?" She recognised the man, of course, as he was the co-headmaster of the school. "I was wondering if all the other Professors were partying in the common room and I had not been informed," she joked, mischeviousness etched across her face. Suddenly, there was a loud crack, which came as quite a surprise to Isolde. "Oh!" she exclaimed, a little surprised. "I am perfectly fine for the moment, thank you, but I'm not sure about my collegues here," she said, motioning to the other two Professors.

He noticed the new professor jump a little and thought Oh now youve done it!, But she seemed not to be that brothered by it overly much and she noted him first saying that she didnt want anything. "Oh...Sorry to frighten you miss", He gave her an apologetic smile before turning to the other professors.

Professor King nodded toward Isolde but waved his hand dismissively, "Call me Nicolas." He stated with a smile, turning to take his seat at the table. "I trust your first few weeks at Hogwarts -- " Nicolas was cut off by the loud cracking sound of a House Elf apparating in to the room. Nicolas frowned slightly, he felt that House elves should likely stay in the kitchen below the hall at the very least during meals, but made nothing off it. He willfully altered the expression on his visage and turned to face the House Elf. "There seems to be quite enough food on the table." Nicolas commented with faux-kindness to the House Elf. It was masked well -- his displeasure, with his being an Auror, but the frown at the beginning might have given him away.

TTom smiled when he saw another Professor come to apparently join them. "Good evening" Tom said, taking a sip of pumpkin juice. Tom was just about to say exactly the same thing when professor Glasson said it. Nicolas started making conversation with Isolde when an elf appeared out of thin air. Tom was startled by this, but hopefully no one noticed this. "Im fine thank you, I must say this are cooked to perfection," Tom said hesturing with his finger to the steak. "Well done, just how I like it" Tom said wiping his mouth with a napkin.

Isolde gave the elf a courteous nod and then turned back to Nicolas, smiling. "You were saying?" she asked, referring to the conversation that had been broken by the arrival of the house elf. Why an elf was out of the kitchens and in the great hall, Isolde did not know. Wow, maybe the Professors don't eat in the Great Hall at all? she thought to herself, a little confused as to why they wouldn't. Then again, she hadn't been a Professor for long at all, perhaps there were unspoken rules that she was not familiar with. This job is much harder than I anticipated.

(( sorry forgot all about this ))

Realizing that he clearing wasnt needed nor wanted he gave another slight bow before snapping his fingers and diappearing back to the kitchens with the usual CRACK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back