Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Iris)
Wand
Firm ten-inch Ebony with a Meteorite dust core
Rose had been planning this night for a while now. Lily had been kind enough to arrange a sleepover at Alice and Elliots', leaving her the apartment for the night so she and Iris could have privacy- real privacy- for the first time. Lily had helped Rose to make one of Iris' favorite meals before leaving. Rose had set everything up, candles, flowers, mood lighting. She'd even spent extra time on her look, trying to be as cute as she could. Rose was putting the final touches on dinner, serving it, when she heard the door. "It's open," She called, straightening and smoothing her outfit.

Iris was happy to spend the night at Rose's place. She had missed hanging out with Rose all day, the way they often had in school. Iris was busy trying to find a job and finding a place to live with Emma. She was glad her sister had agreed to move into a flat with her, but finding one that suited them both turned out to be a bit of a challenge. Iris headed to Rose's place and knocked on the door, letting herself in when Rose called to say it was open. She gasped softly at the way the living room was decorated. She felt immensely appreciative of all the effort Rose had put into this evening. Iris beamed at her. "Oh, this is wonderful."

Rose smiled as Iris appeared. She walked over to the girl, catching her up in a hug. "Hey, gorgeous," Rose practically purred. "I missed you," she murmured, pressing a kiss to Iris' temple before drawing back, trying to catch the girls hands in her own. "You're wonderful," Rose countered, a warm smile on her face. "You deserve the best. Are you hungry?" She asked, stepping back and motioning to the table.

Iris smiled as Rose hugged her, pulling her close for a moment. She let het pull away, grabbing her hands as Rose reached for her. "Just take the compliment." She teased her gently. She grinned as Rose asked if she was hungry, nodding slightly. "Sure." She said with a smile. "Can't wait to see what you've prepared."

Rose chuckled, leading the woman to the table. She pulled out Iris' chair for her, and when the redhead was settled Rose disappeared, coming back after a moment before returning with two plates. She set them down on the table. "Only your favorite," She cooed, moving to pour the wine. Once everything was ready, she sat across from her date. "Mm... the candlelight suits you so well, Ris. I don't know what it is, but its so enchanting how the light dances across your skin." Rose smiled warmly.

Iris smiled as Rose pulled her chair out for her, it was a lovely gesture and it made her blush a bit. Rose was clearly trying to woo her, and it worked. She laughed a little nervously at Rose's sweet words, tucking her hair behind her ear. "You're very poetic tonight." She said softly, smiling at her. "Have you been working on music?"

Rose chuckled softly, watching her date with a fond smile. "I am," She teased. "And I have been. I've written you some new songs. I could play for you if you wanted," She offered with a coy grin, offering out her hand. "How are you? How have you been, my love?" She asked, always eager to listen to Iris.

Iris laughed softly at Rose's words, feeling herself smiling widely. "You wrote me songs?" She asked, wondering how she had gotten lucky enough to get a girlfriend this romantic. Iris wished she had something she could offer Rose in return, but the best she could think of was a tarot reading, which wasn't nearly as romantic. "I'm alright. I still can't believe Lars is married." She said with a shake of her head. "It was good to see your sister there, she looked happy." Iris was pretty curious about Lily's date, but wasn't sure if asking would make her nosy. "I've been alright, just working at the shop." She said with a small shrug. She was glad Elvera had given her more hours after graduation.

Rose chuckled at Iris' question. "How could I not?" She asked, bringing Iris' hand up to press a gentle kiss to the back of it. "You are my muse, after all," Rose smiled warmly. She chuckled at the statement. "Somehow I'm not surprised. He and Blake were always... passionate," She offered. They'd kissed in front of the whole school at that game. They just always seemed to be very... into each other? She gave up trying to define it and just smiled at her girlfriend instead. "Oh, Lily is just shy. Lars and Elliot both had dates," Rose smirked a bit at her flippant comment, "He must be one of her new friends. Lily is always especially clingy in big crowds like that, they unnerve her." Rose dismissed it, sipping her drink. "How is the shop? I know you like it there," She commented.

Iris smiled fondly at Rose as the other woman kissed her hand. She would never have expected Rose to be so romantic when she first met her. The girl had seemed mostly angry back then. She tilted her head slightly when Rose said it didn't surprise her that Blake and Lars got married already. "I suppose. I just hope it's going to be alright." She said, a bit of worry in her voice. Lars had always been a dreamer, a romantic. But he wasn't always terribly realistic. Iris couldn't help the slight giggle that escaped her. "I don't know if Lars being at his own wedding with his own husband that he was getting married to at that wedding counts as him having a date." She joked. "It sounds a bit silly to call it that." She nodded at Rose's words about Lily, a little surprised. She had thought the boy was Lily's new boyfriend or something, but if Rose said it wasn't that, she probably knew better. "Oh, the shop is fine. I'm glad I get to work there more now."

Rose chuckled softly. "It's fine, I'm pretty sure they'll be alright," She tried to reassure her love. She laughed as Iris did, smiling warmly. She rubbed her thumb gently over Iris' hand. "I'm glad that you work there more, I love how happy it makes you." She brought Iris' hand up, kissing it again. "You're absolutely radiant when you're happy," she murmured. She loved this, just spending time with Iris. She knew they were taking things slower, just settling down and enjoying life. "I have some news for you," She offered with a coy smile.

Iris smiled at Rose's comment, but she couldn't help feeling a twinge of doubt. She was happy to work at the shop, but it also wasn't what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. But... what she really wanted was probably out of her reach. No matter how much she had tried, Iris had never seemed to have the gift for divination she so desperately wanted. She pushed the thought away, it was fine for now. "Thank you." She said with a small smile. "You make me happy." She added. Then she tilted her head curiously. "News?" She asked.

Rose smiled warmly at Iris' comment, taking the girls hand and bringing it to her lips, pressing a soft kiss to the knuckles. "I got signed on to a record label as a Professional guitarist," She told Iris. "I'll never be in a band like I thought, or go out and perform, but its a steady job, I'll help write and record songs for independent artists." She told Iris, giving her a bashful smile. "It's steady, and it pays well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back