Dinner after the Match (Kiera)

James Potter

Wand
16 inches Mahogony Pheonix Feather Core
James had played a brilliant match against the Holy Head Harpies having scored three goals before being knocked out of the game by a bludger to the head. James was more then fine but had been glad to hear that the Canons won their match against the Harpies despite having missed the Snitch. Normally James would've had dinner with Ravyn but she had plans with her boyfriend whom James had met on two other occasions. He was some French Squib that James suspected may even be part Veela though Ravyn had said that he wasn't. James had showered quickly and was dressed in light black robes as he decided to take Kiera out to dinner, he himself was starving and he knew a nice restaurant that catered to Witches and Wizards. James looked at the outside of the restaurant noticing how plain and ordinary it looked. The muggles walked by absentmindedly only noticing the way James was dressed with a curious glance, not that James minded of course. James entered the building and was quickly showed a seat. James pulled out the chair for Kiera and then took his own seat looking at the menu.

Kiera was still slightly upset about what had happened to James during the match. She played Quidditch so she knew injuries were a natural part of Quidditch but that didn't mean she had to like them happening to James. However, his team had won the game and overall it had been an exciting match. Kiera loved watching James play. Very few people looked as comfortable in the air as he did. Kiera had liked being in James's team section with the other player's families. She had felt slightly odd about sitting with them but it hadn't been uncomfortable for her. But when he had asked her to dinner after the game, she immediately said yes.

Kiera had some reservations about coming to dinner alone with James. It felt like a date to her and she wasn't sure if James intended it to be that way or not. Normally, Kiera would have loved to go out on a date, especially with James. The only problem was that Kiera had a boyfriend. Date or not, Kiera was dressed in a very nice long flowing light blue dress. It hugged her slim figure and complimented her skin tone nicely. Her hair was down in loose curls, framing her face. Kiera smiled at James as he pulled the chair out for her. Very gentleman like.

Kiera felt like she should speak now that they were sitting at a table alone. She looked across the table, still concerned for James. "Are you sure you are alright?" she asked him with good intentions.

James smiled as Kiera seemed concerned about him, It was already August and a bit of a coolness had been in London however it was probably nothing compared to New Zealand right about now. "I'm fine I should've seen it coming, besides the healers are really top notch" James said as he rubbed his head to show there was no injuries. "So, how has your summer been?" James asked feeling a bit weird to be having a conversation with Kiera over dinner but more odd at the thought of someone worrying about him. James liked the way she was dressed but wasn't sure if he should say that, James accepted full responsibility for their 'friend' status but it didn't change the way they felt about each other. James knew that the few months they hadn't seen each other had changed nothing between them and inside that made James feel both relieved and excited. A waiter appeared with a menu exclusively for wine James ordered a bottle and two glasses for both of them, nothing too expensive even though James could actually afford it now that he was back at his job.

Kiera was slightly relieved as James assured her that no harm had come to his head. The hardest part for Kiera during the match had been to watch him get hurt. It had taken all her self control to sit calmly in the stands, not letting her emotions for James show. Kiera smiled at James as he asked her about her summer. The last time she had seen him and the only time since graduation had been at her competition. Alex had been there so the two of them were not able to talk. Kiera knew James had understood why, after all it had been his idea. Kiera's feelings towards James hadn't changed but they were pushed to the side of her mind. She couldn't allow herself to dwell on something she had no control over at the moment. "I didn't get the chance to tell you last month but they made me Head girl." she told James, the awe still in her voice. She had no idea what had possessed the school to do that, though she was appreciative of her new status. "Other than that, I was just training at the gym all summer. Lucky I did. Arie almost beat me." she said referring to her best muggle friend. Kiera thanked the waiter as he poured her a glass of wine at James's request. Kiera smiled at James, not really sure what he was thinking. He seemed a bit weirded out to her. "How has your summer been?" she asked him in return.

James took a sip from his wine, looking back at Kiera he was glad for this moment between them. They would not be distracted by other people and their pettiness. "My summer's been spent traveling, training and playing" James said with a smile, "I've been hanging out with Ravyn and her boyfriend more though" James said knowing that while it was a bit of a strain for his friend and him to meet across the world they had managed to do so. "I told her about you and she thinks you would make an excellent addition to the Harpies once you graduated" James said forgetting for a moment that his mother had also been a part of the Harpies back in the day and that she may also be help in getting Kiera a 1st string position on the team if she wanted. James had been talking with his parents a bit more since graduation and while the bridges hadn't been rebuilt they did seem to be getting there. It wasn't as though Kiera couldn't make the team on her own either as she was definitely a good Chaser for the school. "It would be interesting to have to play against each other" James added with a slight smirk, it was always interesting when he had to go up against Ravyn but he knew that with Kiera it would be a bit different. James took another sip of his wine as he looked at Kiera, noticing that the waiter was already on his way back after giving them a moment "are you ready to order?" James asked the girl sitting across from him.

Kiera was surprised to hear that James had talked to his friend about her. From what James said, it sounded as if he had just been trying to help her out in order for her to play Quidditch. Kiera couldn't help but wonder what else James had said to Ravyn about Kiera. She wasn't quite sure that Quidditch was what she wanted to do after Hogwarts. What she really wanted was an Olympic gold medal. She knew it didn't matter to the wizarding world and her friends wouldn't understand. But Kiera wanted it more than anything and she intended to get it. Still, she was grateful of the effort James had put forth to at least mention her to Ravyn.

Kiera smiled at him. "They play pretty decently though not well enough to beat the Cannons. If I joined their team, that would have to change.To play against you would definitely be interesting." she said with a smirk. Though if she did play against him, she couldn't let any injuries he received upset her. Kiera picked up her wine glass and took a sip. She nodded her head to James's question. "Yes, I am." Kiera answered. She glanced around the room for the first time since she had entered the restaurant. Several people were staring. Kiera frowned. What were they looking at? The fact that James was famous did not click in her brain. After all, she hadn't known about James Potter until she met him this past year at Hogwarts New Zealand.

James looked up as a waiter immediately came over to get their order being very polite to James even though James could hear the whispering as the waiter left. James had always been the most known of the Potter children though tonight he didn't care if everyone was watching him like he normally did. "It's funny isn't it" James whispered to Kiera, "you'd think they never saw a beautiful girl before" James said as he took another sip from his glass. James knew that his and Kiera's relationship would never be normal and he definitely didn't want it to be either. "One more year till you graduate and join the real world" James said with a bit of longing in his voice as he quickly realized his error. "Well, one more year until you join the professional work force at least" James corrected himself.

Kiera saw the waiter whispering, no doubt about the two of them. Kiera was used to the occasional person noticing her in the muggle world but normally they asked for an autograph and then left her alone. This was different. People were just flat out staring at James and her. She tried not to pay attention to them and focus just on James. Kiera picked up her wine glass and took another sip. A smile danced across her lips at his words. They were flattering. Kiera smiled at James, her eyes warm. "I think they are staring because they don't know why I would be with you." she said teasingly. Kiera heard the tone in James's voice. Kiera frowned. "Why will that make any difference?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back