Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Augustus)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Sturdy Birch Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Addison was both nervous and excited for tonight. She was on an actual date, Augustus had asked her on an actual date. She was already unbelievably happy, and had taken the extra time to dress up for the ball. She was waiting for him eagerly, practically bouncing with excitement. She already knew he was just going to look so handsome, and she couldn't wait to dance with him. She couldn't keep herself from smiling brightly. Tonight was just... just... just going to be magical!

Augustus had remembered how sad Addison had been last year, when he hadn't asked her to the yule ball. It seemed to be something she expected of him as her best friend, and he was happy to oblige. He enjoyed the yule ball, and could admit it was nicer to go with someone than to go alone. He was also happy to spend some time with his best friend, she was always fun to talk to, though things had felt a little strange lately. Augustus spotted Addison and did a double take. She was wearing a very big dress, something he hadn't expected. She looked a lot older suddenly, more like the older girls dancing with tall boys in the great hall. Augustus ran a hand through his hair a little awkwardly, then approached her. "Hello." He said. "Your dress is... big." He then said, then paused. "And nice."

Addison smiled brightly. She was right, he did look absolutely handsome. She laughed a little, turning towards him. "It's supposed to be... fashionable?" She offered, running her hand over the fabric. "It's a little awkward but it's supposed to look good, I guess," She shrugged. It wasn't exactly her style, but if she looked good she didn't mind so much. "What do you want to do?" She asked, unable to keep from smiling at him.

Augustus nodded when Addison told him the dress was supposed to be fashionable, though he noticed she didn't seem entirely sure about that. "It looks nice." He said lightly, though he wondered if she had picked it because she liked it or because it was supposed to be fashionable. He had always thought Addison didn't really care about things like that. "Uh, we could get snacks and... talk?" He offered. "I read a lot of interesting facts we could discuss."

Addison nodded, smiling widely. "That sounds nice, we could find a table and trade facts," She agreed, looking over to the snacks and starting that way. "Did you know that pumpkins are actually a fruit? Or that the first jack o lanterns weren't pumpkins, but rather potatoes or turnips?" She offered, chattering brightly. Despite the dress, she was feeling happy. She was always happy when she was with Augustus.

Augustus followed Addison to the snack table, grabbing a few things as he listened to her. "I knew they were fruit." He said. "But I didn't know that about the jack o lanterns." He said with a small smile. "Do you have Christmas facts too?" He asked, glancing up at the snowflakes falling down from the ceiling. "I know Christmas trees have pagan origins and represented new life in the darkness of winter." He said. "In Europe, back in the day." He gestured over to a table. "Should we sit there?" He said, after pouring some hot chocolate for them both.

Addison nodded at his question. "Of course," She replied easily, smiling at his bits of information and trading them with some of her own. "Did you know that it used to be a tradition to have a pigs' head covered in mustard for the Christmas meal? Or that Christmas trees were first used by ancient Egyptians and Romans, and were decorated with fruits and nuts instead?" She offered, looking to the table he pointed out. "Sure!" She agreed, getting a plate and filling it with snacks for the two of them before moving over to where he had pointed.

Augustus listened with interest as Addison told him interesting facts, curious about what she had to say. "You always have the best facts." He told her, shaking his head a little. "I really can't compete." He headed over to the table with her, taking a seat and smilng up at her. "I've mostly been reading about magical creatures in my spare time. I'm still very curious about the creature in the lake." He told her. "Have you heard more about it?" He asked, as sometimes kids talked about the creature in the lake, and Augustus followed the rumors closely.

Addison blushed a bit, beaming as he complimented her. "Thank you," she sat down. "You don't have to compete, I like your facts, too," She told him honestly. "Have you had any luck with it?" She asked, settling down and sliding the plate of treats between them. "Everything I've heard is from you, honestly." She told him, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Augustus shrugged. "Still, you're better at them." She said as she told him she liked his facts too. He sighed and shook his head. "I haven't gotten a glimpse in a while. And from what other people said, they definitely seemed to think it was a big eel." He said, sounding a little disappointed. Augustus had still hoped it was a mythical sea serpent, something no one had seen in centuries. Augustus grabbed a snack and took a bite. "Some people have seen things, but I want to be the one to discover it properly." He said with a smile. "I've been thinking of making some sort of raft to go out onto the lake, but I should probably learn the bubblehead charm before attempting something like that." He said. He had heard the stories of the kid who had drowned, though it was ages ago now. He still didn't want to risk it.

Addy giggled a little, thanking him for the compliment as she settled down. She took a cookie to nibble on, listening intently to him speak. "You know, maybe we should camp out by the lake a bit. Get permission from a Professor maybe, say its for educational purposes." She offered. "Hang out there for a while and watch, see if we can find anything," she offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back