Did You Know...

Wow that's really almost pathetic. It makes sense thought *counts number of tv's in house*

Did you know that the chocolate chip cookie was created by accident

If the Forth Road Bridge was stood on one end it would be taller than Ben Nevis. :woot:

That's what I worked out to entertain myself whilst crossing the bridge today. That and the Forth Road Bridge Challenge ^_^

Not to seem like a know it all but that last one did not sound right in my head so I went and looked it up and the way you count it there are anywhere from 4 to 7 continests and they are
Africa, Asia, Eurasia, Eurafrasia, Antarctica, Europe, Oceania, Australia, America, North America, and South America.

And here is my did you know in Pacific Grove California it is illegal to molest butterflies :rofl:

Haha, i didn't even know people would molest butterflies. :lol:

If all your DNA is stretched out, it would reach to the moon 6,000 times.

well considering there were ever only 5 continents up till I don't know when and they didn't include Oceania or Eurofrasia :blink: it's safe to say when that particular fact was printed up it was true...

So did you know...

The Very First Bomb Dropped By The Allies On Berlin During World War Ii Killed The Only Elephant In The Berlin Zoo

Not to seem like a know it all but that last one did not sound right in my head so I went and looked it up and the way you count it there are anywhere from 4 to 7 continests and they are
Africa, Asia, Eurasia, Eurafrasia, Antarctica, Europe, Oceania, Australia, America, North America, and South America.

Not to seem like a Know it all...but the continents are North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Antarctica, Australia, and Africa...

Did you know that: There are twice as many kangaroos in Australia as there are people. The kangaroo population is estimated at about 40 million.

and: In Missouri, the state I live in, it is illegal to have oral sex. xD

Okay so my school binder has a bunch of these including:

Did you know that Silver and Orange are the only two words in the english dictionary without rhyming words!

Baby rattlesnake are born without rattlers!

Did you know..

That the translation of "Shia Labeouf", is "Thank God for the beef" =))

That. Is officially. The awesomest. Name. Ever.

Andromeda Fiorelli said:
Did you know...

that similar to fingerprints, everyone also has a unique tongue print!
I guess that means I'll have to stop licking all of the sweets in the shop. xD :lol:

A random fact: Lobsters teeth are situated within their stomach.

Did you know, the scientific name for Titin (The largest protien) has 189,819 letters in it.

(I could write it out for you but it would take up a whole load of space)

Animal facts
•A house fly lives only 14 days
•The world's smallest dog is the Chihuahua (obv), which means "tiny dog in the sky."
•New Zealand is home to 4 million people and 70 million sheep :p

Body Facts
•The length from your wrist to your elbow is the same as the length of your foot. (try it)
•A person remains conscious for eight seconds after being decapitated.

Movie and Tv facts
•It will take a person more than 400 years to watch all the videos on YouTube.
•Mel Blanc, who played the voice of Bugs Bunny, was allergic to carrots.

Angela Marion said:
Did you know that Silver and Orange are the only two words in the english dictionary without rhyming words!
What about purple?

Did you know...

seals don't know how to swim when they're born?

(I don't know if that's true for all seals - but definitely for the New Zealand fur seal - arctocephalus Forsteri)

P.S. I DID know some of those things already. Including the very first one. I thought everyone knew Snuffeluffagus' first name was Aloysius. :blink:

well I'm sure not everyone knew ;)

anyways...

Did you know?

Cinderella's slippers were originally made out of fur. The story was changed in the 1600's by a translator. The story was probably not changed deliberately by the 17th century translator. The glass slipper is more likely to have arisen from a confusion between the French, "une pantoufle en vair" (a fur slipper) and, "une pantoufle en verre" (a glass slipper.)

Did you know?

Wilma Flinestone's maiden name was Wilma Slaghoopal, and Betty Rubble's Maiden name was Betty Jean McBricker.

Did you know?

On Sesame Street, Bert's goldfish were named Lyle and Talbot

Did you know...

there is a reptile native to New Zealand that has been around since the time of the dinosaurs, and technically has 3 eyes. Check it out here, and if you're in New Zealand, see them live at the Southland Museum and Art Gallery (in Invercargill, in the South Island), or the Karori Wilflide Sanctuary (in Wellington, in the North Island). They're so cool!

Andromeda Fiorelli said:
Did you know..

The continents names all end with the same letter with which they start
That would be a falsehood as:
[ol][li]North America and South America are two seperate continents. Not just America</LI>
<LI>[li]The 'continent' of Australia is often referred to as Oceania to separate and distinguish between the country and the continent [/li][/ol]

:)

Did you know...

...that when you leave your car's engine running when it's not moving, it produces twice as much carbon monoxide as when it's moving? So if you know you're gonna be at those traffic lights for more than a minute, switch off the ignition. Save petrol AND the world!

Some people will tell you it's worse to keep turning your car on and off. That's true only for cars pre-1975.

Did know ...
that shampoo and conditioner, abbreviated, is 'sham' and 'con' ? (i.e. fraud or trickery)

And did you know...
that the mouse deer is a real animal? See here. It's a Malaysian native!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back