Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
bi (syrus)
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Unyielding Mahogany Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
set a week after this.

Rama groaned loudly as she sat outside of the Muggle Studies classroom. Professor Phillips had given her a stupid detention over something that was not even an issue! However, Rama was going to sit through it because she couldn't run away from all of her problems. The door was locked, so she assumed that her Head of House was not there. How could he give her a detention and not show up?! It did not matter to her because she knew that he would know if she showed up or not. She quietly took out paper and parchment and began to try and write something nice to the kid named Vader. At the moment she was not having any luck.
Letter said:
Dear Vader,
You are an absolute brat!
I can't believe I have to write a letter to a loser like you.
I have much better things to be doing, but here I am.

Monty had the most fantastic story to tell Jon. The only problem was, he couldn't find his friend anywhere. After stopping by the great hall he made his way up to the first floor corridor, thinking Jon might already be in his office. But when the Potions Professor arrived, all he found was Rama, sitting outside the door, writing on a piece of parchment. "Hello," Monty said, stopping beside her. "What are you doing out here?" Surely Jon hadn't sent her out? Perhaps she too was looking for him, and had decided to leave him a note for when he returned.

Rama kept writing things and crossing her own words out. It was not until someone asked her what she was doing that she looked up and saw Professor Pendleton. Rama simply rolled her eyes and waved the parchment at the man. "I'm in a detention that my Head of House didn't even show up for." she stated. She moved over and motioned for the professor to take a seat on the ground. However, she doubted that he would. Professor Pendleton was weird and picky, though he failed to admit it. "Are you looking for him too?"

Last edited:
Monty almost felt he should have guessed. Detention. Rama was the sort of pupil who seemed to spend more time in detention than out of it. As a seventh year, she really ought to have known better, but alas, she had a fierce temper and no desire to contain it. Monty looked at the space next to Rama, but didn't move to sit down, mostly because getting back up again afterwards would have been a struggle. "I see," he said, pressing his lips together. "Dare I ask why you are in detention?" Though his tone was light, he certainly wasn't going to be pleased if she'd been upsetting first years again. "Hm? Yes, I was, actually. Never mind - I'm sure he'll turn up soon." At least, Monty hoped Jon would turn up soon. Something important must have been keeping him. Meantime, Monty supposed he ought to wait with Rama to ensure she didn't get bored and wander off.

Being anxious by nature and dedicated to his job, it was unlike Jon to arrive late to something, and especially not when he needed to follow through with a detention he had given a student. Discipline was important and one of the most important parts about it was following through as if he did not keep his word it would show each student that they could get away with anything, which was the last thing he wanted. But the circumstances throughout that day and late the the previous night meant Jon couldn't help but be late. He had received a message from Samuel in the early hours of the morning that Bongo was sick, and immediately he left the castle to tend to the dog, worried something was terribly wrong. In the many hours that had passed Bongo seemed to gradually feel better, which told Jon he had somehow ate something he wasn't supposed to and the problem wasn't serious or ongoing. Though this was enough of a reassurance he could leave Bongo at home again, and he knew things would be fine with Samuel in the house to keep an eye on what was happening, as Jon returned to the castle knowing he was late for Rama's detention his mind was still distraught.
Stuck in his own head hoping his dog would be alright, Jon walked to the first floor corridor on the way to his office. When he saw Monty and Rama nearby his heart sank, feeling guilty that in his sudden emergency dealing with Bongo's mysterious sickness he had managed to let them both down. "I am so sorry I'm late Rama." Jon said, looking to the seventh year. He then looked to Monty and breathed in before he spoke again. "Bongo got really sick last night all of a sudden, it's probably something he ate that's out of his system now, but its been a terrible few hours." He told his friend, not minding at all that Rama was able to hear since it only seemed fair to explain why he was late to something so important. "How's your letter going? Should we move to my office so you can finish writing?" He said, looking back to Rama and wanting to make it clear he was still going to hold her to her punishment.

Rama continued to sit on the floor, even though the professor did not join her. "A kid wouldn't stop talking, so I silenced him." she said easily. Rama still did not think that her actions had been wrong, and she was expecting Professor Pendleton to begin lecturing her. She already had gotten enough of that from Professor Phillips. Speaking of the devil, the man actually showed up. Rama was used to being disappointed by adults, so she did not really respond to his apology. She looked down when Professor Phillips began talking to Professor Pendleton. She had a little bit of respect to not listen in on adult conversation, despite being legally considered an adult herself. She packed up the quill and parchment in her bag before she stood up. "How do you think it's going?" she asked rhetorically as she hung her bag strap over her shoulder. "You both are going to bring me flowers at graduation, right? It's the least you could do for you favorite pupil." she said sarcastically as she folded her arms over her chest.

Rama's deadpan delivery would have convinced Monty she was joking, if he hadn't known her better. In reality, he knew she saw nothing wrong with silencing younger pupils for making too much noise around her. "Of course you did," he said. There wasn't much point in preaching about treating others as she wanted them to treat her; it would all go straight over her head. A waste of breath. Besides, he trusted Jon to handle her punishment appropriately. The very man arrived just then, launching straight into a detailed apology. He needn't have justified his lateness. Monty realised there were more important things in the world than detention, and he knew Jon wasn't in the habit of letting people down. "Of course - don't worry," Monty said sympathetically, well aware of how much Bongo meant to him. "Is he all right now?"

Turning to Rama, Monty quirked an eyebrow. "If you keep out of trouble until the end of the year, I'll bring you chocolate as well," he said, fairly confident he wouldn't be spending any money on the Ravenclaw. "I'll leave you to it," he said to Jon. "Unless I can do anything?"

Even if Rama ignored his apology, Jon was relieved he had managed to show up and that Monty in the very least seemed understanding of what happened. It was uncharacteristic for him to be late and let people down and the feeling of doing so stung him to his core, but he also knew that this was an unexpected emergency and what happened couldn't be changed now - all he could do was move forward with the rest of the day as normal. "He seems better enough, he was eating and drinking like normal when I left." Jon said to Monty with a nod. Rama's sarcastic response to his question was not appreciated, causing him to frown but he knew better than to comment on it as all he wanted to make sure of now was seeing her punishment be over with. "Finish your letter, and we can talk about graduation then, alright." Jon said simply, wanting to emphasize that she should be thinking of what to write and that only. Monty's offer of help was appreciated, and Jon would be happy to talk about what happened and get his head around it, but it was something he knew he wouldn't be able to do in that moment after no sleep and when he had Rama's detention to focus on. "How about we have tea later?" He suggested, looking back over to Monty. "Obviously I have this detention to deal with now." Jon added shortly afterwards, hand moving to the pocket of his jacket to get out the keys to his office.

Rama felt like she was being challenged. Of course she wanted chocolate too! She couldn't count of her boyfriend to bring her everything! "I guess you better start saving up, Professor Pendleton. I want those chocolates. After this detention, it is smooth sailing, and I will be walking out of her with flowers and chocolates from the both of you." she told the two men confidently. Rama always got what she wanted when she put her mind to it.

Monty nodded, relieved, for Jon's sake, that Bongo seemed OK. "Yes, absolutely," he said to Jon's suggestion of tea. Then he looked at Rama. Perhaps he ought not to have promised her chocolates in return for good behaviour. Then again, if he'd known she was so easy to bribe, he'd probably have started earlier. "I'm pleased to hear it," he said. "Perhaps you could start with a little less of that attitude." Shaking his head, Monty began to walk away, though when he suspected Rama wouldn't be looking he turned back to mouth at Jon, "Good luck."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back