Detention Bites

Chase Blade

OOC First Name
Zach
Wand
Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Chase walked through the Dungeons, heading towards the Dueling Chamber, it was time for his Detention with Professor Kalif, he clearly wanted to duel Chase, and Chase would do far worse to him then he would even manage to do to him, he was going to get his revenge on Kalif for ruining his night with Eden, and it would be painful, for Kalif at least. Chase walked into the Dueling Chamber, whipped his wand out, and pointed it at a random place. Stupefy! Chase thought. And a flash of red went flying in the direction he was aiming, he could still cast it, and he use it well. Chase chuckled, and wondered where Kalif was, he sat down in one of the chairs, and waited.

OOC: That is Professor Styx. Unless you were in his classes, you should not know his first name unless Cecily had said it. Just so you know, Chase cannot beat Kalif in a duel because it would be improbable for a student to beat a teacher. Try to be realistic in this detention.

"The more of a mess you make, the more you have to clean up." Kalif entered the Dueling Chambers and he was carrying a bucket full of soapy water and a single cleaning item. A toothbrush. "You see this arena right here? Scrub it until it shines." Kalif folded his arms across his chest, and he narrowed his serious, black eyes upon the Ravenclaw. Kalif glanced down at the arena, and he could see that it definitely needed some work to be done. "I know you thought that I wanted to duel, however, that will not be the case. I only duel with those who are as experienced as I." Kalif said, "Now, get to work, and I might reward you however." Kalif was in a better mood than he was last night. Cecily was irritating him with his marriage, and now, she was not here to bicker to him.

Chase chuckled, and looked at him, "We'll see, I'll make it shiny, and then we'll see what happens, Professor." Chase said, clearly disappointed, "And. How would you know who is as experienced as you, all you are is a stuck up Professor who thinks he is superior to everyone. Learn to respect people." Chase said, chuckling, he walked over to Professor Styx, and took the bucket and sponge, he walked over to the arena, got on his knees, and started scrubbing, while keeping his wand in his left hand the whole time, "Don't try anything either." Chase said, laughing, while he scrubbed away at the arena.

OOC: Toothbrush...not a sponge.

Kalif shrugged, "If you are trying to insult me, or make me mad, then it won't work. I care not what you think. Respect out of me requires the other party as well, Mr. Blade." Kalif transfigured a chair without words, and he took a seat. Kalif watched the boy work, and he informed with a smirk, "I am not the type to attack a student while his back is turned." Kalif tapped his gloved fingers on his arms which were folded across his chest in a professional manner. The Mark upon his arm under his robes was cleverly hidden with a spell that only he could remove. If things came to worse, there would be no way this boy would know anything about Kalif, his past, what he was, and how he came to be. Kalif had his wand put in his robes, out of sight, and he was not planning on using it anytime soon; especially on a mere child.

OOC: Ooh. That bites. =/

Chase chuckled, and continued to scrub away at the Duel Arena. Aguamenti Chase thought, and he saturated the whole thing, he walked along, scrubbing it as he went, making sure it was as clean as he could make it. "Of course you wont, I have no plans to make you attack me, but one can always hope, I'd like to wipe that smile off your face one day." Chase laughed, "You want my respect? Next time give me a sponge, toothbrushes are beyond cruel." Chase said, laughing. He continued scrubbing the floor, wishing he knew a spell that could clean it easier. Chase shrugged, and continued scrubbing the floor.

Kalif could not help but roll his eyes at the kid. He chuckled softly, yet not a single hint of a smile was upon his features, "You would like that. But what you dream about could be much different than reality. And I do not wish for any students' respect. I am only here to do my job, and that is uphold this school's system, and enforce the rules." Kalif wondered if this kid really wanted a duel out of him. Kalif was a dueling expert back in his days, though he would prefer dueling with someone around his age. Kalif muttered, "Maybe if you didn't have a mouth that ran faster than a Streak, then you would have it much easier, like a simple essay, or I would have given you choices for your punishments." Kalif's punishments could range from total hatred of the man to rather entertaining detentions and learning experiences. It was probably why Cecily pinned many detentions on him than on other professors.

Chase chuckled, "Finally we get a reasonable reaction, 'bout time I get something, you're sitting there like a statue, so boring." Chase shrugged, and conjured a second toothbrush with his wand, he slipped his wand into his pocket, and used the second toothbrush to his advantage, he slipped around, polishing the Arena, it was starting to look really good, "Am I nearly done yet?" Chase asked, noticeably getting more bored by the minute, "And maybe I wouldn't let my mouth run if you hadn't interrupted my night with Eden, it was all going so well as well." Chase shrugged, "Guess you were only doing your job though, it was my fault, I shouldn't have been there in the first place." Chase chuckled, and went back to polishing the floor.

Kalif barely moved, as his expression went back to neutral, utter coldness. Kalif had the gift of not showing expressions while under his clever disguise. "There are good reasons why I act like a statue. I am not a 'fun' person, obviously." Though Kalif could definitely be far from a statue when someone had him so angry, his Death Eater side came out as seen on Alexander Moon before he was brutally murdered by his own son. Kalif showed much wrath, and later on, made Damianos with another Death Eater female that he was now married to. "To be honest, I would have expected the same response from Jaken when he was in school, or reacted like that when something ruined an evening of mine when I was in school. At least you are coming to your senses. If it were in the daylight hours, then you would have not been interrupted." Even though at the age difference is hardly legal. Kalif stood up, all seven feet of him, and he examined the floor. "Not long from now and it should be finished. I want every inch to shine."

Chase chuckled, clearing getting fed up with this, got his wand out, and guided the toothbrushes along the floor, pouring more water along the floor the whole time, not bothering to hide it was him, "You never said I couldn't cheat." Chase shrugged. He examined the massive figure of Professor Styx, "Mmm. You seem to be annoyed, does it have anything to do with the fact of the age difference of Eden and I. You certainly seemed to be annoyed by it last night. I do wish to warn you not to try and keep the two of us away from each other." Chase said, "I wouldn't listen anyway. I would just keep breaking that rule, can't keep love apart." Chase said, shrugging, "Daytime or not, it still sucks to be away from Eden." Chase merely shrugged, and admired his work, the floor was shiny, he sent the toothbrushes into the bucket and waited for his next assignment, "May I go now?" Chase asked.

"No, I did not give you any directions other than have the floor shining." Kalif raised an eyebrow. He seemed annoyed, when he was not showing any expression or feeling no irritation? Kalif said carelessly, "Age does not bother me. I was annoyed at another matter. Your relationship with Ms..." Kalif paused for a moment, before he remembered her last name, "Koshiba is frowned upon but I have seen worse." His own uncle who was his father's twin was in love with a woman who was at least twenty years younger than Kalif. That was an abomination, but both were adults. "As long as you two do not do anything that will be regrettable, I doubt anyone will care. As for love, I would not know about it." Kalif had loved, but if it were true...then he would not have gotten over a death of his ex-wife so soon. Within a week. Kalif folded his arms across his chest, and thought of how much time as passed. "I don't think that you have done enough just yet, Mr. Blade. I will give you choices: clean the walls with the toothbrush without the aid of magic, or you choose your next task."

Chase chuckled, "I would prefer to write an essay." Chase said, chuckling. He walked around the room, clearly bored with these tasks, "But what do I have to choose from?" Chase asked. He stood there, looking around, trying to decipher the dark look on Professor Styx' face, not that he actually had a look on his face, but still, he was sure he had seen something there. Chase chuckled, and shrugged it off, "I would actually rather duel you, but I still reckon you wont do it." Chase said. He laughed, and continued pacing the room, trying to think of something that he would be able to do simply, he couldn't think of anything, "I can't think of anything, but I don't want to clean the wall either, any other ideas?" Chase asked.

"The essay would be over respect, and you would be writing for two hours to make the detention long enough and worth while. However," Kalif thought, his black eyes closed for a moment. Upon opening, he said, "Hand me your wand, Chase. If you wish to duel, you will do so without a wand. My type of dueling, especially against a student, I will not be the one throwing the spells. Either duel wandlessly, or write an essay." As a seventh year, he should just be learning very few spells, such as Accio and other weak spells. "Unless you feel that you are not experienced enough in that field, as you should have just learned it in your Defense Against the Dark Arts class, then perhaps non-verbally. However, I strongly advise you to go with the essay and not with the duel, Mr. Blade." The ice was evident in his voice as well as his eyes. This professor was serious about dueling, but if he wanted to, then Kalif would abide. Though it would only last a few minutes at most.

Chase chuckled, drawing his wand again, "Bring it. I hate Essays." Chase stood back a few steps, waiting, he knew he would defend, he had to be careful about which direction he hit him from, Chase aimed his wand. Stupefy. Chase said, and the red spell flew at Professor Styx, Chase took off around the room, running around the Professor, staying in his line of sight, being careful not to give him a chance to be hit by his own spells. Stupefy! Stupefy! Stupefy! He sent three of them flying towards Professor Styx. Chase stopped, waiting to see the results, "If this doesn't work. I'll take the essay." Chase shrugged.

Kalif rolled his eyes and he shook his head. Kalif blocked the first spell without a wand or words. He quickly brought out his wand, and saw the three spells coming toward him. Kalif narrowed his eyes, focused, and just as quickly as the spells came, they were deflected. Kalif turned his head toward Chase and lowered his wand, "If you are done acting like a fool, and not wishing to duel properly, then you are to do the essay. Do so over respect, and then you are dismissed. Is that understood?" Kalif folded his arms across his chest, wand still out, as his glare entered Chase's eyes. Kalif waved his wand and parchment, ink, quill, and a desk appeared. "Get started, Mr. Blade." Kalif went to his chair and took his seat once more.

OOC: Don't really do the essay, just roleplay it like you have, and that will be the end of the detention.

Chase chuckled, "Not a fool, just an ignorant child. There is a difference." Chase said, laughing, he walked over to the table, and started the Essay. Such a pain, this one, why can't these teachers be as ignorant as the ones back home. Chase thought. I guess there are some pluses to having observant teachers, less fights for one, but it also meant more punishments when people did break the rules. Chase shrugged and finished the Essay, he handed it over to Professor Styx and without waiting for a response, strode out of the room, and set off to find Eden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back