OOC First Name
Steph
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
So I've just gone over to the default theme, I'm such a Classic lover and I always find it hard to switch to new themes on forum sites. (On one site I've been on since 2006 I've never used a different theme and I still love it). However I do like the default but there is something missing that makes me revert to classic every time I try to give this one a try. And thats the Portal button. So I was wondering if it'd be possible Nick if you could add it to this theme as well. I don't know how much other people use it but it is most certainly the most used page for me on the forum. If not I understand and I'll just continue with classic or just type it in my browser, it would just be easier to have a button for it.

:) Thanks for your Time! :)

Hi Steph,

I'll preface my remarks by encouraging you to switch to the default theme. It's default for a reason (not just that it's awesome and took tonnes of work) - it gives HNZ a rather distinct look and feel, it is also the theme that new features/codes/etc. are made with in mind. While I try to be considerate of you classy classic folks, sometimes that's just not possible. [note]That said, there are instances where I completely understand the need/desire to use the classic theme. I was using it myself when I was at the cabin, tethering through my phone, and set my browser to not load images. The classic theme is far more usable under those conditions.[note]

Next, anything you find on the portal can be found more fully in other areas on the board. For instance, the Active Topics list is the sidebar on the right (but with more topics on the actual list), and the Board Feed gives a fairly good indication of activity.

The portal, I suppose, is a nice place for several different things to be consolidated, so I've gone ahead and added a link to it on the index page in the default theme. :)
[member]Screencapture[member]

Thanks for the poke, hopefully this change will encourage you to make the big change, yourself. ;)

Best,

~Nick

You're so nice Nick :D :hug:

And I really like the look of the default theme and have always appreciated the hard work everyone who worked it. I certainly be giving the Default a go once again, most likely full time once my laptop charger gets here with in the next few days because it loads a lot quicker on there then this old desktop. xD

I also appreciate that you kept the classic theme around as well after you worked on the new one and created it. I think if had taken it away then the instant changed would've scared me away :shy:

I do use the portal for everything! It's how I found you replied to my suggestion. Its how I see the Bi-Weekly Updates and Other Announcements so I do appreciate you going through the work of setting it up on the new theme :)

^_^
Steph

As an added incentive to use the default theme for any fellow portal hold outs, I've installed something to make the board feed appear on the portal. So more recent activity on the board (including shoutbox posts, whole new posts, new topic listings, etc.) will show up on the portal now, but only for the default theme. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back