Deep in thought.

Freya Heimdall

OOC First Name
Kim
Wand
Mahogany Wand 16" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Freya left her office and wandered up the nearest flight of stairs. Perhaps some fresh air on the North Tower would clear my head. she thought to herself. She clutched the latest note in her hand and read the words again, You're not wanted here... Freya racked her mind to think who could be doing such a horrible thing to her. Who could possibly know what she had done that summer with the death eaters. She had been so careful, or so she thought.

After a few moments of walking down the seventh floor corridor, reading the note as she walked, she stopped suddenly. Stopping because she had run into something tall and solid. She jumped back and dropped her letter. She realized she walked into Nicholas King, a fellow Professor.

"Oh, my goodness..." she stammered. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching." she gazed around the floor for her letter.

Nicolas had left his office earlier that evening to do his regular rounds of the castle before retiring for the night. He had just finished checking in at the Gryffindor Common Room only to be assured that things were once again more than normal. It seemed that this was the first day he had had with any semblance of being normal in a long time. With Halloween and Andromeda's being attacked by a werewolf, then his past coming back to find him in more than one way. Sophia's request that he reverse memories altered by her father, then finally more recently Cecily's evermore confusing family situations. All in all it felt good to have just a regular day without much at all to worry about.

Walking back down the seventh floor corridor and toward the staircase again somebody bumped into him. He stopped and looked only to see Freya Heimdall standing in front of him, apologizing to him. "It would seem I wasn't either." Nicolas replied apologetically. He then noticed a slip of parchment on the floor by his feet and picked it up, offering it to Freya. "Is this what you're looking for?" Nicolas inquired.

Freya grabbed the parchment, rather too quickly. "Yes, sorry...oh I guess I said that. I'm really not myself right now...I, I...oh, I don't know what's come over me." Freya looked at the parchment and hung her head. She needed help but was Nicholas the one to help. "Can I ask you something....?" she ventured.

Nicolas was shocked at how quickly Freya took the parchment from him. He was slowly becoming concerned for Freya as she stumbled through her sentence. He was about to ask if she was alright when she asked him a question. "Yes, of course." Nicolas answered after a second of thought, wondering what could be troubling Freya so mouch and pondering the likelyhood of whatever it was being on that parchment.

Freya looked up and met his eyes. "Well...." she had no idea how to ask for help. She had never had to her whole life. When her husband was killed she became a machine, intent on one purpose and driven to see that come to fruition. But since she completed her journey she had become a little lost. She hoped she was doing the right thing. "Well...I've been receiving some very disturbing notes, some of them threatening and...I have no idea who is sending them or how to find out." She remembered his life as an auror and was cautious not to say the word blackmail. "I don't know what to do." she ended quietly with a sigh.

Nicolas listened to Freya's rather brief summary of what was troubling her, though she hadn't asked the question she said she wanted to. "Does anybody else know?" He inquired in a more hushed voice than he had previously been speaking in, acknowledging that stone hallways echo.

"No." she confessed in a sad tone. She almost felt relief having someone to talk to. It had been going on for months and she had felt scared and alone until now. She then took a deep breath, that helped slow her heart beat down from the previous pounding and continued. "No, I haven't spoken to anyone, I just don't know what to do, I don't know how to figure out who is doing this." she paused for a moment and then asked, "Can you help me?..." She almost felt sick as soon as she had spoken, and tried desperately to back track. "Well, I mean if you can, but...I understand if you're busy...I mean..." she had no idea what she meant but she needed help and hoped he didn't think she was weak or needy.

Nicolas listened to Freya admit she hadn't told anybody and started to nod when she asked for help, however her continuing to speak prevented him from verbalizing his thoughts. "Freya -- I'll help you." He said with a small smile. "Is that one of them there?" He inquired, motioning toward the parchment. "May I see it?" he continued, hoping not to seem too pushy but wanting to be able to get to the root of this before too much else occurred. 'So much for my normal day.' he thought with a small sigh.

Freya stopped stammering and looked at him again. She tentatively handed him the parchment, almost not letting go as it left her hand.
Your holiday was sweet and relaxing I hope. Do not expect that feeling to transfer to Hogwarts. You are at a place where you are bitterly unwelcome. Do not push me, I know your secrets...

"Thank you." she said with honesty that came from heart. "I'm not used to needing help, I really appreciate it."

Nicolas smiled slightly again and accepted the parchment. He glanced it over quickly before nodding and handing it back to Freya, "So it's blackmail." He stated rather than asked, wondering what she could have done to be blackmailed by somebody in the school, but deciding not to ask in knowing that it'd defeat the purpose of her coming to him. "Do you have any idea who it is? I mean, is it a student? A professor? Did they indicate anything at all?" Nicolas began to ask. "But first -- how are you receiving these letters?" He inquired, now in a pseudo-auror mode.

Freya's eyebrows raised and she was visibly startled by the word blackmail. She was inwardly relieved when he didn't ask further about it. "No, I have no idea who it is. There has never been any indication of whether it was a student or a professor." She took the parchment back as it was offered. "They just arrive in my office, slipped under the door. Every time I run to see who has left it the hall way is empty. Unfortunately my magical expertise is not suited for this and I can assure you my runes have been cryptic at best in helping me."

Freya sighed again, "I must sound like such a fool to you. I know I do to myself. I just wish this was all over and done with. It has consumed all my time for months now, since the school year began." She hoped her words would not dissuade him from helping her.

Nicolas listened to Freya's situation, the fact that this had been happening the whole year surprised him greatly. Had she never thought of reporting something to the headmistress? Was what she'd done so grave that she couldn't risk anybody knowing and simply endured whatever she had had to endure. "Had you ever thought of enchanting your door?" Nicolas inquired, figuring that whomever was blackmailing her would try to do it again.

Freya hung her head somewhat shamefully, "No," she said quietly. "I probably should have but this has thrown me for a loop. And honestly, I'm pretty good with potions but charms and jinxes are out my scope." Freya looked into his eyes again, "I'm a pathetic witch, I know this, and this why I haven't been able to stop it myself. Is there something you can suggest?"

Nicolas frowned slightly as Freya spoke, he could understand not seeing the obvious when something unexpected starts to happen. "You're not a pathetic witch." Nicolas assured Freya with a slight smile. Spells may not be her forte, but she seemed to be able to get runes and the like to work for her and Nicolas had never been able to have anything involving predicting the future work for him. If she was a pathetic witch he was a pathetic wizard. "Would you like me to enchant your door for you? So if anybody tries to slip something under it they're marked for it?"

Freya smiled for the first time since she ran into Nicholas. It wasn't her usual bright teeth filled grin, but a smile none-the-less. "Yes, I would like that very much, thank you." She visibly relaxed as she spoke and for the first time in a long time she could almost see a light at the end of it all.

"So where do we begin?" She was eager to find out who it was and deal with them quickly before her secret got out.

"Well, normally if one wants to enchant a door they need to be at a door." Nicolas replied with a slight smirk.

Freya laughed slightly with her hand automatically reaching out to the gentleman before her. "Of course, yes proximity to the door itself would be helpful wouldn't it. Follow me, I suppose." she said turning back the way she had come.

Nicolas nodded and started to follow Freya to her office, hopefully to help her end the situation she seemed to find herself in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back