Jeremy Thorne

Emergency Dept Healer | Hattie's Dad
OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
"Become a Healer" Jeremy replied with a small smile. He already had the paperwork in his room for the training program at St. Mungo's but he would have to wait until he received his NEWT grades to submit it. He had already filled out the easy questions but knew that those would be the ones that the person who made the decision would probably spare only a second for. He nodded his head as she spoke. What Sara was saying was everything he had felt when he'd been a younger student. Even now, he felt this way. He was heading into real life, none of this sheltered school life any more. A shy smile crossed his face at her enthusiasm for him. Jeremy wished that he was as confident as she was about his future success. Being Head Boy helped, but he knew that there were no guarantees in life.

Glad when she said she would try out for the team, Jeremy breathed a sigh of relief. He was glad she would be trying out. "Good" he said, nodding. "Because I was hoping that you would take over the team" he said quietly, wondering what she would say to that. His blue eyes drifted over to meet hers. "If you're willing, of course" he added quickly. Jeremy held his breath. The only other person he had been considering was Isaia Romanes, but somehow his thoughts had kept going back to Sara. He was her ultimate choice for the position.

Sara grinned as Jeremy announced his intentions; "Good luck! I promise, if I'm ever mortally ill and need a healer-you're the first person I'll call." It was a noble occupation. She couldn't do it though. She'd never been comfortable with illness. She was rarely ill herself, other than a cold every now and then. Still, she understood how important a job it was, and she could totally picture Jeremy doing it;"Seriously though, I'm sure you'll be great." she complimented him. He was Head Boy after all, so he could obviously handle responsibility. She was glad Jeremy agreed with her about the future though. When she was little, she'd had it all figured out. She was going to be an actress. Now, that wasn't what she wanted. She'd probably still act, on a small scale, in her community, but it wasn't what she was meant to do. It was strange how things could work out.

Sara frowned slightly as Jeremy sighed. Why would he be relieved? I mean, she was a good Seeker and all that, but she wasn't amazing or anything. Perhaps he'd watched the First Years classes or something, and wasn't hopeful about any new talent in the next year. Even if he was leaving, it was nice that he cared about the team, though she hoped she was wrong about the First Years, they'd need the points next year if they were to win back the House Cup. Suddenly, what Jeremy had said registered; "What? Are you serious? Of course I would!" she beamed. Run the team! The thought hadn't occured to her that he'd ask her to Captain, obviously she'd known that he had to pick a Captain, but she'd never thought it'd be her. She figured everyone saw her as intelligent, but a bit mad, and definetly not organised. She couldn't believe it! "Oh my God Jeremy, that's amazing! Thank you!" she grinned, hugging the older boy, then realising that that was perhaps a bit much she pulled back, but she couldn't stop smiling. Captain! It was unbelieveable.

Sara was the second person who had told him that, and he wasn't even a Healer yet. It put a smile on his face, knowing that there were people who had such confidence in him. "Thanks Sara" he smiled, ducking his head down a bit. He wasn't entirely used to getting tons of compliments, though he had received his fair share in the past year or so. It was as if his increased height and bulk had suddenly made people realize he was around. That was partly his own fault since he had been a much quieter and more shy person when he was younger. He knew that he had grown up a lot and matured more than he could even realize.

Waiting for her reaction, Jeremy licked his lips nervously. He needn't have been nervous though. Sara's reaction was priceless as he could tell the precise moment when his words truly seemed to sink in. As she trapped him in a hug, Jeremy chuckled before patting her back with his trapped hand. He could only manage a weak tap, but thankfully she let him go quickly enough. The smile on her face was worth being in a near bear hug. "You're welcome. I know the team will be in great hands with you leading it" he stated confidently, a smile on his face as well. He couldn't wait until the final meeting with the team so that he could make the announcement. The Head Boy hoped that his teammates would be just as excited and happy for Sara as he was. "Now, I can really focus on studying. I've been worried about asking you all day" he admitted with a small shake of his head. His blue eyes twinkled with amusement at how silly he had been.

Sara smiled at Jeremy's humility. She didn't like arrogant people, but being able to take a compliment was a skill it had taken her years to achieve, and she still wasn't the best at it, however, she'd had to improve since her father had started socializing with people who expected her to be charming and polite. She was actually quite good at conversing with her Father's associates-a fact which had delighted him. She played with her hair as she thought about this. She'd never been the type to simper and such, but she saw it as an acting excercise. If she acted the way they expected her to-it could help her Dad.

She couldn't believe it! "Thank you Jermemy!" she smiled, as she composed herself, something she'd also had to work on. Hyperness tended to scare people off a bit, until they knew her better; "I'll try my best." she assured him, already thinking of next year, they needed the points if they were going to at least get enough House Points not to come last. This year hadn't gone well points-wise and a win in Quidditch would help. "You needn't have worried, it's an absolute honour!" she replied, going a bit overboard once more, but it was a big thing for her. She'd always loved Quidditch, she'd been on the team since Second Year.

Jeremy looked around the room as a couple of the students glanced over, likely wondering what they were speaking about. He was sure that the news would spread quickly enough once he told the team. News didn't often stay secret for long in the school, especially not among housemates. That was what happened when teenagers were kept together for so long. A sheepish grin crossed his face as she told him that he shouldn't have worried. "Good...I'll probably write to you every once in a while to find out how the team is going" he warned her. Jeremy was going to be sad to say goodbye to some of his favorite teammates.

Jeremy stood from where he had sat on the window's ledge. He wanted to get to the Great Hall so he could meet up with Alyss for supper. So, I'll see you at the team meeting tomorrow?" he asked, a friendly smile on his face. Jeremy was glad that things had gone smoothly and Sara had said yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back