Kris
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gwen) (Bi
Open after Kadi posts with Felix

René just didn't get girls. He was trying not to lurk too obviously as he hovered across the hall, watching Gwen and whoever the Slytherin guy she was with was. Sure, his date with Gwen over Yule hadn't gone the smoothest, Sully managing to mess with him even when he wasn't at school, but René had thought the fact they'd traded pink roses meant things were still cool. But Gwen had rejected his offer to go together tonight and now René could only sulk as he picked sadly at a cupcake, more intent on shredding it than eating it.

Felix was excited for the dance after an eventful day of delivering roses and meeting new people. He bounced around the great hall until he spotted the snack table and made his way over to it. He didn't get too far though, when he saw Rene and wanted to say hi. He let out a laugh when he saw the older boy picking at a cupcake. "You know it tastes better when you put it in your mouth right?" he teased but frowned a moment later when Felix saw the look on Rene's face. "Woah what happened to you?" he asked and tried to sound appropriately concerned.

René paused in his cupcake restructuring, looking down blankly at the crumbs stuck to his fingers before looking back at Felix sheepishly. "I guess," he said, slowly and somewhat pointlessly sticking one of his crumb coated fingers in his mouth. "Nothing," he said around his finger, pulling it out and sighing in defeat. "I just. I dunno-" René glanced around, checking none of his friends were nearby. "I sent a pink rose to... Someone, and they sent one back, but then they didn't wanna come to the dance with me. And they're with someone else. That's messed up right?" René asked, eyes pleading.

Felix made a face as Rene seemed to robotically stick a finger in his mouth to eat some of the crumbs he created. He didn't believe it for a second when the older boy said there was nothing wrong and thankfully it was a second later that he started to spill. Felix frowned as he tried to think of something to say. He didn't spend much time thinking about romance and he was starting to think he might not bother if it turned you into something like this. "Uh well..." he started and scratched the back of his head. "The pink rose does imply that they like you. Do you know if she sent one to anyone else?" he asked. At least that would explain why she was with someone else at the dance. Maybe she liked more than one person? He started to over think the whole thing very quickly but he couldn't help it. Was it fair to send more than one rose? If you send more than one rose, could you have more than one date? Felix shook his head to get everything to quiet down again. "What did the note say?" he asked, realizing he needed more information.

René had a moment of self-doubt as he watched Felix fumble for an answer. As much as he was relieved to not be having this conversation in front of Caleb and Louis (especially when he was pretty sure they were both here with dates of their own tonight), it wasn't exactly the best look to be asking a second year for advice. Then again, beyond sending an owl to Sully or braving the guaranteed embarrassment that was asking Chloë, he didn't have many options. And besides, Felix was in Gwen's class, so maybe he'd have more insight anyway.

Reasoning in place, René listened as Felix untangled the situation, nodding in agreement. "I- I don't know... I hope not but I guess she is here with another guy," he said, risking a glance across the hall to see if he could spot them again. "Just that she enjoyed going to the ball with me... Do you think I should have asked her out in my note? Is that why? Maybe she's mad at me cause I didn't make a move." René groaned, pressing his face into his hands. Why did this dating stuff have to be so hard. It was like there were all these rules he was expected to know and unlike Quidditch, René couldn't make sense of any of them.

Felix stroked his chin like he was a wise man with a beard as Rene went on. He wasn't sure if he should tell Rene that asking her in a note would have been any better since they all got delivered earlier that day and if he really wanted to go with her he should probably have asked her in advance. "Well.." he started but realized he wasn't sure what advice he wanted to give. It wasn't like he had any experience with this. "Maybe you should ask to spend time with her outside of just school dances." he said, suddenly feeling very smart. "Show her that you don't need a special occasion to spend time with her. You don't want her thinking you asked her just so you'd have someone to go with." he said with nod, pleased with his advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back