Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Branson❤️
Wand
Curly, 9", Acacia, Essence of Belladonna, Unyielding
Blair wasn't happy to be back home but honestly, it felt way better to be at her dad's own apartment, even tho their flat was at the very top of the building, instead of her and her mom's little house. At least she had a bunch of free space only to her. Of course, near to her were Stefan's and Valerius' rooms but still. She had her own place that was absolutely made for her. And it was cool because now she was able to call her friends over and not be scared that she will have to be bothered by her parents. And that was the reason why she called Branson over, he honestly was the first person she ever invited to her house. And only now, when she was waiting for Bran to come over, she understood how weird it will be. Her dad literally owned a high-rise apartment and it was all too expensive, not talking about his car and everything in there. It took her more than a year to get used to it and she still used only the same things to keep everything safe. At least her room didn't look like it was straight from a movie, tho it still was a bit too expensive for Blair's taste. However, it was fun to have everything she had ever wanted, a huge window with a view of the city, a walk-in wardrobe, a room in dark tones, and a table right in front of the huge window. Even the led lights. And she was sitting in her room waiting for someone to call her when Branson came over and just hoped that no one said that this whole building was owned by her dad and she wouldn't have to say about that. It was better if he thought that her dad owned only the top flat.

Branson had been excited to be invited to Blair's home. The invite had been a surprise but not unwelcome. He liked Blair she was a good friend, and he could admit she was very pretty. He wasn't sure of his own feelings, he would rather be her friend than anything else but he was always keen to spend the time with her. His sisters had been very curious as to where he was going, but he'd not said much about it. he wasn't sure he was in the right place, given the high-rise apartment block he'd been brought to, but he didn't think Blair would lie about such a thing or was the sort of person to lead him in the wrong direction. Bran was waiting having rung the bell, or buzzer and was waiting for someone to let him in. He admittedly hadn't known much about Blair's home life but he got the feeling he was about to learn a whole lot about it.

Blair was just watching a movie while waiting for Bran and when she heard the bell ringing, she just opened froze the movie. "Val! Can you open the door?" she instantly shouted before getting on to one understatement. "Блин, they're not home." Blair jumped up and ran all her way to the flat to open the door. When she saw the very well-known face, she instantly cheered up. "Hey, Bran! Come in!" she moved out of the door to let her friend enter the flat and also, just took one of the coats to put them back in their place as she accidentally managed to make them fall while running. "I hope it wasn't hard to find and everything was fine?" she tried to make sure before leading him deeper into the flat and at first, letting him get his outside clothes off.

Branson glanced as the door was opened at Blair was in front of him. He gave her a smile as he nodded and entered her home. "Everything was fine," he said, he pulled off his jacket and was pulling off his shoes as he glanced around the room in awe of this flat, this place. It was just....so big...and fancy....he thought of his own family home, the quaint and moderate sized home. There had always been enough money in his home but he knew it was nothing compared to this. "This home is amazing Blair....is this the sort of place you had back in Russia too?" mostly trying to not trip over himself in his awe of the place. "Do you have a library?" he asked, thinking that this sort of place probably had an amazing library.

Blair gave a nod, excitedly watching Bran's reaction. When he complimented the place, Blair smiled approvingly but at the question, her face fell. "Not even close to this, in Russia I lived with my mom but I haven't seen her in a year, I am living with Stefan, I mean, my dad now," she shared with it honestly, not wanting to point out how she and her mom had always had financial problems, now she didn't have them. "Oh, we do have it, follow me," she also gestured him to come with her. They went up to the second floor of the flat and once they entered the other room, she turned on the light looking at all the shelves. "This is probably the most amazing place in the whole flat," Blair said as she touched one of the books and then turned around to see Bran's reaction. She was already smirking, knowing that he will be in even bigger awe. "A lot of books have autographs, some of them are really old and some of them are even original ones. Don't be surprised if some of the books have several copies, for example, this one," she took out "The Great Gatsby" and opened it, listed a few pages, and put it back on the shelf. "Stefan loves the Great Gatsby, I think it's pretty pathetic." and not only because she still didn't adore her dad.

Branson laughed a little as she mentioned her father. "My dad's name is also Stefan," he told her thinking it funny that their dad's shared a name. It was inconsequential but fun nonetheless. He then followed her to where the library was. He walked up the steps and then looked at room, it was just amazing. There were so many books. It was beautiful. Not as big as the school library but it probably had a more varied and non-school book collection. Bran nodded at her words, since he agreed that it was not the best book. "It's a good book...I did enjoy it," he said, "But I can see why you'd not like it," he was already moving to look at the other books. "What do you like to read?" he asked, it would be good to learn what sorts of books she liked.

Blair looked at him with her 'seriously?' and then started to laugh. "That is fun actually," at least, it was something she wasn't used to. And when she saw Bran's reaction, she softly watched him with her head leaned a bit to the side and with that, she almost missed his opinion on the book. Tho managed to catch it on the last part. "I think we still read it only because it's a classic," Blair honestly said and when he asked her the next question, she gestured him to follow her and went to the almost middle of the room and got up on the stairs that were leaned to the wall, as it was too high from the ground even for Blair. "It's probably my favorite shelf. There are most of my favorite books, there is a lot of Russian classics, however, I love postmodern novels. It was the best time for books," she took out the book, got down, and handed it to him. "Wide Sargasso Sea, we had to read it in Russia before I started Koldovstoretz and probably, it was the book that made me prioritize other things than I did before it," she confidently talked about it. Blair chuckled before returning the question. "What about you? What is your favorite book? And what do you read?"

Branson considered what she said and gave a half nod, "Probably to a degree, but I think with that, there is the fact some of the old books are well written and worth reading, even if you don't then enjoy them," Branson said with a little shrug. He smiled at her as she then showed him her favourite shelf in the place, there were a lot of russian books, books he couldn't read which was definitely depressing to him. He gave a little smile, "Well if you've got an english version, I'd love to read it," Branson told her with a keen tone, if she had a favourite book he wanted to read it. "I read anything and everything, my favourite book changes whenever I read something I like," he was looking at the books, glancing at the titles. It was a pretty amazing library. "What do you want to do next?"

Blair repeated Bran and gave a nod too. "That's true," for her "The Great Gatsby" was something that she didn't enjoy but she knew that it was worth reading it at least because it was classic and it was showing at least a basic knowledge. "We do have it here actually," Blair said turning around to the next shelf and getting on her knees to be on the level with the shelf where she saw the same book in English. "I promise, I will find it today, there's just a lot of books," she chuckled while getting up back on her feet. And then she noticed the required book. "Here it is but maybe we can leave it on the table for now? It will be in my room later, I will give you it then," she offered not wanting to have Bran walk around the flat with a book in his hands while he could leave it here for now. "Oh, and what is your favorite book right now then?" she easily asked, actually interested in the answer. She loved getting to know him, it was interesting. "Oh, you're the guest there, what's your desire? We can order or make food and go to the balcony? There's an amazing view if you're not scared of height! Or we could go to my room? Hey, maybe I could show you my favorite surfboard? Or maybe my favorite music? You could also show your favorite music!" she offered several options what they could do as the weather wasn't the most welcoming. "Or any other ideas?"

Branson smiled and watched as Blair was looking for the book. He wanted to have a quick look at it, but she was already moving on a little. "Oh I'm really enjoy House of Leaves," he said, "It's quite an old book now, but it's really interesting. It's a horror story, so a little different" Branson told her. She seemed to give. Bran a lot of options, but he wasn't sure what to do. It was almost an overwhelming amount of choice. "I'd love to see both, your favourite surfboard and favourite music?" he said, "Not afraid of heights either, or quidditch would be pretty hard," he replied with a little smile. He was quite keen to just find out more and not appear too overwhelmed by all that Blair was showing him.

Blair tried to remember whether she had read the book that Bran just called and when he went on about the genre of it, she understood the answer. "Oh, haven't read it! I will read it before the school starts," she said it as a promise and she tended to keep her promises, so her mind already was around the thought if they had the book here or no, probably yes, just not in Russian. "Yay, then we could start with my room and then go on a balcony," she said with a chuckle, then put the book on the table. "My room is pretty close,' she said and while leading him out of the library and arranged someone to get the book downstairs for them. And while going to the room, she turned to him and went backward. "So, how is your break going so far?"

Branson nodded, "When I've finished it I'll lend it to you," he was sure that she had a copy of the book, her library so expansive that there had to be a copy in it. But he felt it would be nice too, to promise to give her his copy and to at least just not assume that Blair would have it. "Let's go!" he said in agreement, if she wanted to show him her room first he would be fine with that. "Oh it's going good, my sisters are preparing to come to Hogwarts, so they're pretty excited which means I'm busy helping getting them together and ready for the year," he said, it was nice to see them so animated about it, but it was meaning they did a lot for it, just like they had when he'd gone to Hogwarts. "You?"

Blair excitedly nodded, Bran lending the book to her sounded pretty cool. "Yes, that sounds amazing!" she was quite keen about that idea as it seemed pretty cool that they could lend books to each other. "Oh right, they're starting school this year! Valerius is starting it too, tho, I feel like he will put effort only into lessons and achieving his goals. But their excitement probably is pretty catchy, isn't it? Don't you feel like you're almost starting school yourself again?" she chuckled, asking a lot of questions. She had always wanted a sister, tho she managed to get only a really grumpy brother, it seemed like she had to live with that and just get used to him hating her. "Finally spending more time with Stefan. Dancing, beach, studying, and absolutely nothing new. Oh no, Stefan gave me a cat as a present, she's amazing and she's somewhere, probably in my room," Blair smiled lightly as they finally approached her room. "That's it, I think it's a bit too much but honestly... I have my favorite place here," she pointed to the walk-in wardrobe and then continued to speak. "In the wardrobe, I have a full collection of swimsuits and pointe shoes and y'know, I'm obsessed with ballet and swimming," she finished as she went to the bed, and then she took her surfing board off the wall and put it on the bed. "Here it is, I got it not long before... My mom painted it," she wanted to say not long before she and her mom had a fight but decided not to talk about it and just said that she painted it. And Blair hadn't noticed it herself but she always called her mom as her mom and her dad as Stefan just as she was used to it. "It's cute, isn't it?" she sat on the bed next to it and gestured Bran to sit down too. "She was an excellent painter but I didn't inherit that skill," Blair chuckled as she found it quite amusing that such a talented woman with a huge commitment issues had a not so skilled daughter with the same commitment issues.

Branson had no idea who Valerius was but had to assume that it was a brother or a cousin, if they were like his sisters. He nodded in agreement, there was a certain level of excitement which was fairly infectious from it. "Little bit, and a little nerve wracking too, I don't want them to be disappointed with where they end up, especially if not in the same house," Bran said with a nod. The ravenclaw continued to listen as Blair began taking more about her break and what she'd been doing. He followed her into her room and smile. "What did you call her?" he asked about the cat. He glanced around the bedroom, the wardrobe seemed massive and it was just a very impressive room. Bran's gaze moved to the artwork that Blair was mentioning. He wondered what had happened to her mother to prompt her living here with Stefan rather than with her. "It's a good painting," he said taking a seat on her bed, feeling a little awkward but brushing past it. "Would you want to be a good painter?" he asked, almost curious about if she would've wanted to be good at art, or if she was content to not be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back