Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Ten inch sturdy Cypress wood with Thestral hair core
It had been a long time since James had been so nervous for a date. Pleased to have the house to himself, he made sure that the dining room was immaculate. He had spent the past few hours making a two-course meal. The Chicken Curry and Beef Salad were two of his favorite recipes. He could only hope Angel liked his cooking. Sure, the kids had loved it. But they were kids. He sighed, pacing nervously across the kitchen. The table was set, candles lit, a bit of music playing softly in the background. He was trying too hard, maybe? Should he blow out the candles? They were scattered everywhere. He took a deep breath. He could do this. Play it cool, James. He scolded himself. He wished- for the millionth time- that Jackson was there to call on. He missed his brother terribly. The thought made his heart ache. Enough. He scolded himself. He had a date coming. Now was not the time.

Angel fixed his hair for a moment as he stood outside the door. He wasn't nervous about tonight, per sey, but he also hadn't been on a formal date in awhile, and definitely not over at someone's house like this. The whole thing felt very..intimate and domestic, which is pretty far outside Angel's usual style, but then again the whole move to New Zealand and becoming a teacher was pretty far outside of his style too so maybe it was time for a change. He knocked on the door grinning when James opened it. "Hey," He greeted softly, raising the wine bottle he'd brought. "I come bearing gifts."

James jumped when he heard the knock on the front door. He took a deep breath, doublechecking to see the food still steaming hot on the table, ready to be eaten. He opened the door to see Angel standing there, looking handsome. He gave the man a warm smile. "Oh, you shouldn't have," He teased lightly, taking the wine bottle from Angel and stepping aside to let the man in. "It's exactly what I wanted, how did you know?" He asked playfully, moving towards the kitchen. "Would you like to open this with dinner or after?" He called over his shoulder.

Angel just smiled at James, content to let him play the host as he entered the house. It was a nice place, a lot cleaner than Angel kept his place, something he should probably make an effort to change now that he no longer had the excuse of just having moved in. "I have a sense of these things," He teased back, following James to the kitchen and leaning against the counter. Jame had certainly gone all out and Angel was starting to wonder if maybe this date was a bit more serious for James than it was for Angel. "Let's have some now," He said, eyeing some of the near by candles. Angel figured he was going to need a little help from the wine to make this evening go smoothly, suddenly feeling awkward in a strangers house. A stranger who had clearly put in a lot of effort into making this a nice evening. "Everything smells great though, you weren't kidding about being a good cook."

James chuckled, setting the wine on the counter and pulling out two wine glasses from the cupboard. He chuckled again at Angels' comment. "Of course. I may have just been trying to charm you, but it would have been silly of me to try and charm you with something I couldn't actually do." He winked at the man. "Why don't we dig in while the food is still hot?" He offered, handing the man his wine.

Angel shrugged, accepting the wine glass gratefully. "I don't know, I've said a lot of stupid things in the pursuit of impressing other people. Works wonders for learning to improvise," He said, raising his glass to James briefly before taking what might considered an undignified gulp when he hoped James wasn't looking. "Absolutely," Angel said, taking a seat at the table where James had set everything up. He was trying not to work himself up too much about this evening. Now that he was actually here, in James' house, the whole was a bit overwhelming between the romantic candlelight and how clearly alone they were in the house. Angel was starting to wish they'd gone to some crowded restaurant somewhere instead now, that way if things didn't go well he didn't have to deal with awkward goodbyes. "So, you got this place all to yourself then?" He asked, trying to slip back into his normal, calm, confident persona.

James chuckled. "Fair enough." He took a seat, taking notice of Angels face instantly. He laughed softly and flicked his wand. The candles went out and the lights turned back on, and the music on the stereo changed from a soft instrumental to a pop mix. "Sorry about that, Angel. I've been told I can be a bit dramatic." He winked, taking a sip of his own wine. "Tonight, at least. I've got nieces and nephews who love me." He shrugged a bit before taking a bite of his food. "So, Angel," he asked idly. "Where do you work?"

Angel gave James a sheepish smile when James seemed to catch onto his anxiety. He'd have to be careful not to be so transparent, but it made it a bit easier to relax. "Oh yeah, Uncle James, huh?" He said when James mentioned his family, trying to relax a bit more. James was perceptive at least, despite his apparent flare for the dramatic. Angel took a bite of food and nodded appreciatively and James before answering the next question. "I'm teaching at Hogwarts actually. Bit of a change for me, never would have imagined I'd end up a teacher," He laughed. Angel hadn't exactly been a model student at any point during his school career, and even less so once he was out of school. It was a bit weird to be someone with all that responsibility now. "What about you? What do you do that keeps you in all these candles and thai food?"

James nodded. "Yep. Three nephews and three nieces. Two brothers." He shrugged, taking a sip of his wine immediately after the word brothers. Even after all this time, it was never easy mentioning Jackson. He listened as Angel told him about his job. "Hogwarts New Zealand? Fascinating. I have four monsters there. What subject?" He assumed it was for older years as none of the kids had mentioned a handsome Professor yet. Would they? The traitors were holding out on him. He took another sip of his wine. "I'm a traveling photographer for a muggle travel magazine." He told Angel. "I always try to take a few cooking classes wherever I end up. Learn local cuisine." He grinned playfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back