OOC First Name
Zach
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Jace had decided rather last minute that he wanted to go to the Valentines Dance, and he hadn't wanted to go alone so he had asked his best friend, Padme, to go with him. She had agreed, though he wasn't sure if she properly wanted to go with him or not but he figured he would enjoy himself with his friend while he had the chance too. It wasn't something that they were able to do very often, so he treasured the time he got to spend with her. She had been his first friend, even before they had come to Hogwarts together. He had been excited to find out that the new friend he had made was going to the same school he was. He waited outside the Great Hall for her, eager for the night ahead.

Padme hadn’t asked anyone to the dance this time around. She toyed with the idea of asking Sierra again, and while that had been fun, she wasn’t attracted to girls which had been part of that realisation and the other was that she didn’t want to annoy Sierra. It seemed that the other girl wasn’t interested anything other than fun and Padme had had fun.But while she thought she’d end up at the dance alone, at the last minute Jace had asked her. As friends. Which she was more than happy to do. Jace was a friend...her only friend and she liked his company. She spotted him outside the hall and headed over to him. "jace!" she greeted.

Jace heard his name and looked up with a smile. "Hey, Padme! Thanks for agreeing to this." He said with a smile, He was glad that he hadn't been forced to go alone, and to be able to go with his friend was a treat in his eyes. "I wasn't keen to go alone, and I'm glad I could go with you." He told her, and offered his hand to her. "Shall we head inside?" He asked, a smile touching his face. He didn't know if she would want to dance tonight or not, but he would have fun either way. It didn't matter to him what they did.

Padme gave him a smile and shrugged a little, he seemed to have the same issue as she had. Feeling a little sad to go to this alone. ”Same, I was really pleased when you asked me,” it had been a last minute ask of course, but given that Padme had thought about asking him and just hadn’t found whatever courage or drive necessary to do it, she was happy for him. She nodded, ”Yeah, let’s dance Jace,” she reached down and took his hand, moving into the room to find a spot where they could dance. Immediately letting go once she found them a spot. ”How was your valentines day?” she asked him with a small smile, having to speak loudly over the music but not really minding it. A little light conversation as they danced never hurt anyone.

Jace smiled at his friend, he was happy to hear that she had been pleased to be asked to the dance. "I was pretty happy when you said yes," He told her, blushing slightly. When she pulled him towards the dance floor, he smiled again, but only for a moment until he remembered he was terrible at dancing, but he was sure that she probably wouldn't mind very much, he hoped so at least, as he didn't want to spoil the nice moment that they were sharing. For now he was content stumbling his way around. "It wasn't too bad, kinda quiet. I don't have anyone so I just stayed in." He said with a shrug. "How about you? Manage to ensnare anyone new?" He asked her with a cheeky grin on his face.

Padme nodded and smiled, feeling herself blush every so slightly at his words. They were just friends, but it felt a little different on valentines day at the valentines dance when everything else was on going. She shook her head at his comment, ”No, I didn’t,” she wasn’t sure she wanted to mention how lonely the day had been, how frustrated with herself and her lack of roses had been. ”It was a pretty quiet day but I’m glad to be here now, this is a nice way to end it,” She said with a little shrug, She gave him a little smile and danced a little with him, controlled swaying and light moves to the music.

Jace was having a good time, swaying around the room with his friend. He hadn't expected to have such a good time tonight, but he could tell that he had made a good choice in coming, and had chosen a good person to go with. "I'm sorry I forgot to send you a rose." He told her, a guilty look on his face. It hadn't even crossed his mind until he had received one himself. In that moment, Jace wasn't sure what possessed him, or why, but he just leaned in towards his friend and planted a small kiss on her lips.

Padme shook her head at her friend. She didn’t need roses - that was what she was constantly telling herself. It was just always a little harder on the day when everyone else was getting them, but really she didn’t need them. She didn’t want them. Not really. She just gave him a little smile, ”It’s okay, you asked me to this, that’s more than enough,” what was a rose versus the actual company. She kept his gaze on him and was a little surprised when he leaned in and kissed her. But she didn’t lean away and she even could admit she had leaned in too. She was quick to pull out and give a little laugh. It hadn’t been the worst light kiss, but Jace was her friend, she didn’t want to lose a friendship, her track record with boys wasn’t good. She hadn’t thought Jace liked her like that...perhaps he didn’t. ”We really just get swept up in the emotions of the event right?” she said by way of excusing the kiss. She didn’t regret it..but she didn’t want to lose a friend. She had so few.

Jace wasn't sure why he had kissed her, he didn't even know he had those kinds of feelings for her. Did he? He wasn't intending too. The last thing he wanted was to lose his friend he did notice that she had leaned into the kiss but he couldn't be sure if it was just because she felt like she had to. He just gave her a nervous smile at her words, "Yeah, it really seems like it." He told her, "I'm sorry." He added, his face going red. He hoped that she wouldn't be upset with him, or mad at him. He couldn't know for sure though. His first kiss.

Padme gave a little smile and shook her head. ”You don’t need to apologise,” she told him with a small smile. She knew it was just the emotions of the moment, this didn’t really mean anything and she wasn’t annoyed with Jace for it. After all she had leaned into it too. SHe hadn’t pushed back at all, and she’d realised what was happening before it happened.There had been plenty of room for her to say no to him. ”Let’s just keep dancing.” she said with a smile, hoping they would put it behind them and she knew that tomorrow they’d go back to normal and it would be like it never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back