Damn Rain.

Amy didn't see Jake looking at her, but if she had, she would have been pleased. The glance seemed one of friendship and caring and she would have probably been very happy that she had made good friends with this boy in such a short time. Hearing the mention of Harry Potter, she nodded and shrugged. Ok, so he 'saved the world' but in her opinion - or possibly just the way it had been told to her - it all seemed a little 'good beats evil. Again.' So, the story didn't bother her at all much. She wasn't for evil or against it in a sense, but she was pleased to be honest. "Thats right. So is Durmstrang and Hogwarts Scotland. A lot. But Hogwarts New Zealand isn't mentioned. I wonder why." She said, her thoughts turning away from the current topic to contemplate why it wasn't mentioned. Maybe it didn't get involved with HS, but they had a lot in common and it made Amy feel confused as to the reason. "All girls?" She asked, her eyebrows raised. She didn't think that boys were scum bags. No, quite the opposite actually.

"I don't think Hogwarts New Zealand had been created-or had it?" he aske,d not sure himself. The sky seemed to be clearing up slightly and the rain had become light, damp, mist. "Not all, but there are a few who-if you go out on one date, they think your their boyfriend and get really mean and possesive." he replied, smiling back at Amy. He doubted she was one of those girls. He wasn't going to try anything-at the moment , he just wanted friends. He stood up and looked out into the sky. "Do you want to go outside?" he asked, gesturing toward the street, maybe they could go for a coffee or something, after all it was a better place to meet and talk with a new friend thatn on the doorstep of an abandoned house. He stepped out into the cold air and said to Amy; "It's not raining anymore, where'd you want to go?" he asked, turning back toward her.

Amy nodded and shrugged. "I don't know to be honest. I don't really know much about the school in general. I mean, its on the other half of the world." She said with another shrug. After all, why would she be bothered with another school. The only schools that she cared about were her own and Durmstrang. So, why bother with other random ones on the other side of the world? She smiled at him and agreed. "Yeh, i guess you have a point. I know exactly what you mean - its the same with guys." She said with another shrug. Guys would think that the girl was theirs, but in Amy's eyes, until they asked her to go out with him, then the girl wasn't anyones. She looked across at Jake for a second, too quick for him to notice. But she didn't think she would ever go out with him. They seemed great as friends, but she couldn't see herself dating him. It wasn't anything about him, no, it was just that she had matured now to not date every guy she saw. "Yeh, this house creeps me out after a bit. I don't mind. There's a nice coffee shop round the corner. But i don't mind. Its up to you." She said with a smile, stepping outside into the street. Other people were also beginning to emerge from their shelters and within 5 minutes, the crowds were back, as if nothing had happened. Looking up to the sky she also noticed that the sun was shining through now, coming out from the hiding place of the clouds. These were moving and before long, it was obvious that it would become a nice day.

"I know a bit about it-I looked up all the schools when I was deciding which to go to." Jake replied, he had considered Hogwarts New Zealand, but hadn't liked the idea of everyone being seperated into different houses, it was dividing the students he thought and he decided it would be more to his liking to go somewhere where everyone was on even footing. "Yeah, I've met a few guys who got pretty mad if I talked to "their girl." Jake laughed, he had gotten in fights over it too, though he'd never wanted to. He never assumed a girl was his girlfriend, until he'd asked her, and he'd want to go on a few dates first. "Cool! Let's go." Jake smiled at Amy response. He looked up into the sky. "It looks like good weather." he commented, pushing his hands in his pocket and strollin toward the coffe shop. He was in no rush, he enjoyed Amy's company and he knew they would be good friends.

They rounded the corner and approached the coffee shop. He glanced over at Amy, wondering if she thought this was a date, he didn't want it to be, but wasn't sure how to make sure she knew. "So, you got a boyfriend?" he asked, in a friendly manner-he also didn't want her thinking he had a crush on her.

Amy smiled and thought momentarily. She hadn't ever considered the school. No, for her it had always been Beauxbatons. The whole way. Her parents had put her in there when she was 11 and they were still very good friends with a lot of the teachers and staff there. But she hadn't ever thought of moving schools when she ran away from home. No, Beauxbatons was her life and she had friends there. Nothing was going to change that for her and she didn't want to leave. Not even next year. So, for a little bit of time she had been desperate to leave and explore, but now she could do that anyway, it made her feel sad to think that she was saying good bye to the biggest chapter of her life so far. She nodded at his comment of the weather as they walked. She had to agree, but the subject then became a little awkward. After all, not many friends discussed the weather unless there was an awkward silence. So, as she walked, she looked around and only just heard his latest question. "No and im not looking for one." She said, her tone just as friendly as she made sure that Jake knew she wasn't interested in having a boyfriend. No, they were friends and even if he did have a crush on her - which she highly doubted - she knew how to say goodbye to boys. So, that wasn't a problem.

Jake pondered his decision on going to Durmstrang. He liked the place, although the weather would be much colder than back home. He knew there weren't meant to be many girls there, but that didn't bother him. It had just seemed the obvious choice. "Right." Jake smiled, now he knew that she didn't think this was a date. "Sorry, I know it was a weird question, but I wanted to make sure you didn't think this was a date." he blurted out, truthfully. He felt it was right to tell your friends the truth and he wanted to get off to a good start.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry-rubbish post :(

Amy laughed lightly. "No, i didn't think that. Don't worry. I don't mind, i've heard worst questions. Honestly, some people have no idea to tell you what you said so plainly." She said with another smile. "Just as friends." She added, smiling still. It was good of him to tell the truth and it made her glad to know that there were boys out there who weren't just interested in being in a relationship, but liked to be in a friendship. Because, after all, they had just discussed how much better it was to have a friend from the opposite gender. This was what it was all about. And hopefully, they could continue to be friends, not just a random thing, but to stay as friends and keep in touch. So far, Jake was one of the few boys that Amy would like to keep in contact with for nothing more than friendship.

(OOC: haha :p no, this one is awful :L )

"Good, because I'm too used to girls who always seem to think you're interested in them." smiled Jake, looking up at the sky. "Don't you just love how clear the sky is after it rains?" he asked, smiling like a child. He loved the sky, when if was sunny, raining or stormy-like his name. "So, what do you propose we do now?" he asked, walking along the path he began dodging cracks, something he'd done ever since he was a child.
OOCOut of Character:
I don't know why-I've just been struggling with Jake at the moment, I've started working him oput in my head again, though-so my posts will be much better soon ;)

(OOC: Thats fine, i understand completely ;) )

Amy smiled and laughed at him comment. Her head went back, and her long hair sprawled down her back. Composing herself again, she smiled, the ghost of the laugh still hovering around her face. "Yeh, its like something new is coming out, the rainbow after the storm - literally." She laughed again, softer this time, but still with the same ring of the bells that the last one had owned. Smirking slightly again, she continued to look up at the sky for a little bit longer, before turning back to see Jake talking to her. Watching him jump the cracks in the pavement for a while, she found herself smiling again. Smiling came so easily to Amy, and she enjoyed seeing the look on people's faces when they watched her, but sometimes, she found herself smiling at the most random things. She had a 'special' smile saved for when people really deserved it, but other than that, she used her pleasant normal smile, one that she enjoyed using. Turning her attention back to the question, she thought for a moment before answering. "I don't mind." She answered truthfully, chewing her bottom lip thoughtfully for a moment before tilting her head to the side and look at Jake. The light was in her eyes and she brought up a perfectly manicured hand to shade her dancing eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back