Damn Rain.

Jake Storm

OOC First Name
Maia
Jake was bored. His mother had, had the bright idea to go to Europe for holidays. So that "he could learn how other wizarding families live." So far, Jake had only observed that not many of them played football with complete strangers, who couldn't speak a language bar English. He sighed, as he sat on the wall by the beach. He kicked a stone and watched some teenagers walk by. A girl in the group had spotted him and was batting her eyelashes. Jake winked at her cheekily, but walked away, kicking his stone all the time. Life had been boring him lately. He didn't have any friends who were wizards, and his muggle friends had noticed that he was fed up and were kind of mad with him over it. An old woman looked at him warily, Jake was confused, he looked down at himself, hoodie, trousers, what was wrong? She muttered something about teenagers these days and Jake looked back at her, his brow wrinkled in confusion. He shook his head as he turned away, pulling down his hoodie. He was glad of the break from his studies. None of his friends had appreciated him dropping out of school, but his Mom had been home-schooling him in wizardry. His stone flicked off the road and went down a drain. Jake decided to find something else to occupy his time. He walked over to where a group of kids were street dancing. Jake was better than them and he knew it. He was fit from sport and he was good, but he didn't want to challenge them, they weren't his type of crowd. He had seen another group playing soccer earlier and decided to go and see if they'd let him play, when the heavens burst, He pulled up his hood and ran, cursing colourfully, as he was drenched through. "Damn Rain!" he exclaimed, as he made it to a doorway., he took of his hood and brushed off his hair, looking around to see who else had been caught in the downpour.

Amelia was walking through a town, window shopping. She didn't really need any more possessions now especially as she was travelling. She found that she ended up having to get rid of things, and even she wasn't that stupid to waste and lose money in that way. She had been standing quietly to the side of the street, watching a group of street dancers. There were a few goodlooking boys in the group and she felt like a little bit of harmless flirting. As she was just about to go up and stand closer, she turned her head to the sky as the rain started. Hearing someone curse as they ran past her, she raised her eyebrows and followed him, unconcerned about the rain. Once she got back to school, she would dry herself off so it didn't bother her. More intriged with the boy, she smiled and joined him in the doorway, pushing back the hood of her new Hollister Hoodie that her parents had sent her from England. Apparently the shop was an expensive, popular shop in England, but being French, she didn't care. Wearing it because it was warm, she smiled at the boy. "Disgusting weather right?" She said, gazing out into the street and noticing people running for cover now. Running an elegant hand through her long dark hair, she turned to look at him again, her soft brown eyes twinkling. Being a half-veela, she found that boys enjoyed her company and she had grown to enjoy their's just as much. Her heart shaped, rosebud lips broke out into a smile as she took in the boy standing next to her.

Jake smiled as a girl approached. The people he had met so far in Europe may not be so nice, but all the girls had been gorgeous. This girl was no exception, but in a way she was, there was something more about her, she seemed different, as though there were glow all around her. He smiled at her, his deep blue eyes penetrating, yet welcoming. Jake knew he was good with girls, but he liked a challenge. This girl looked like she could handle it. "Hey." he smiled, raising his eyebrows appreciatively. "I'm Jake." he smiled at her, his American accent apparent. "Yeah, it is, we might be stuck here a while.." he left the sentence hanging open, and glanced over at her winked and looked out toward the rain. He didn't plan on talking too much further until she did. He didn't want to seem too keen, let a girl feel like she needed to keep the conversation going.

The truth was, Jake wasn't the type of boy who could date more than one girl, he just flirted with lots of girls. If he had a girlfriend, he would never betray her, but lots of girls saw flirting as betrayal, which Jake didn't understand. He planned to settle down one day and have a family, but why stop messing around? He looked back over toward a group of guys in another doorway. They were looking at the girl beside him, he knew what they were thinking. They were thinking they had a chance with her. Jake wasn't that stupid. This was some fun-this girl could have any guys she wanted.

Amy raised her eyebrows at him. "Nice to meet you Jake. I am Amelia, but please," She said, blinking a couple of times, "Please call me Amy." She said, smiling again. This boy was flirting with her, harmless of course, but still flirting. She had lots of experience with boys, and wondered where he was going. "Well zen, i don't want to get bored. What do you suggest?" She asked, returning with an open comment, ready for anything. She winked back at him and then turned back to the street, seeing it quite empty now with the heavy raindrops splatting on the pavement, covering everything and looking like mini frogs leaping around. Her french accent was in her voice, as obvious as his American one. "You are American." She stated, not looking at him still. She wondered if he had a girlfriend, and if so, how far he would take the flirting. She didn't mind it, enjoyed the attention to be truthful, but still, she wondered how far it would go.

"Cool, Amy." he replied, grinning. His boyish smile was endearing to some, but Jake wasn't fully aware of this. He knew girls liked him, but he wasn't sure why. "Do you go to school around here?" he asked her, his head leaning back against the wall, but his eyes were on hers. "Well, we could just get to know each other, after all-you can never have enough,,good friends." he replied, his eyebrows raised questioningly. "Yes, and you're French, I'm guessing?" he asked, smiling. He looked out on the street, following her gaze. the rain was still pouring, there weren't any people here anymore. "Well, we sure know how to clear a room." he laughed, looking around the deserted street. Of course, it wasn't their fault that people had left, but it was strange to think that this place, which had been so busy just a few moments ago, was now so still.

Amelia smiled at him. "Yes, i go to Beauxbatons." She said, smiling in memory of her school. She only had one more year left, and felt sad about this, but once she had finished, she would be free to explore the world like she wanted to. "Oui." She added with a smile again. Her french accent was normally quite weak, after spending most of her life talking English, but when she got annoyed or wasn't concentrating on language, it slipped back in again. She knew that some people liked it, but she didn't know why. After all, it was only an accent and one that was common from where she came from. She noticed him following her gaze and nodded. "Yes, it seems we have." She said, taking a minute to translate the statement in her head. For some reason, the rain seemed to block her brain and she took a while to translate. But, once she had started talking in English, it was easy to continue. So she hoped for her own sake that he wouldn't start talking in French, for that wouldn't help her at all in the long run.

Jake smiled at her. "Yeah, I'm home-schooled. I'm hoping to go to Durmstrang next year." he replied, gazing into the rain. Jake could see why people had left, they were completely stranded here, if the rain didn't let up they would either have to stay here for hours or make a dash for it-getting soaked in the process. Jake laughed at her answer. "Lucky for me, lots of people speak English, so i haven't got too much to worry about." he replied, beaming. Jake glanced around, they were in a doorway, but there didn't seem to be anyone living in the house, it looked mostly derilect. "I wonder if we could get in there?" he asked, glancing at her-an eyebrow raised. He nodded his head at her response. "So, what brings you here-besides the rain." he asked, smiling at her in a friendly manner.

Amy raised her eyebrows at him again. "Im sure we can get in." She said, producing a key from behind a plant pot, one that she had used before when she had visited its previous owners. She slotted it into the lock and turned it, opening the door. From the outside, the house looked horrible, with dirty shutters and rotting window sills, but Amelia had guessed that this was all a disguise. She remembered the people who had used to live there, and the way that they use to disguise it with special paint. They were muggles and had abandoned their house, in search for one in a better area. She smiled at Jake and walked inside. Shutting the door behind them, she looked around. It was exactly as she remembered it being, lavish paint work with comfortable looking rooms and a large bed covered in a dust sheet. "So you are going to Durmstrang?" She asked, locking the door so that no one from the outside would see it in any different way to normal. "I am on a holiday from school. What did you want to do now we are inside?" She asked him with a cheeky wink. She didn't expect anything to happen, and looked around, throwing the key into a dish on the sideboard.

"Nice." Jake smiled appreciatively. "Gotta love a survivor." he grinned as they walked inside. The house was nice inside. "Whoa" Jake breathed, he laughed out loud at how absurd it was, as the house had been so terrible looking from outside. Immediately Jake walked over to the bed and lay back. "Now, this I could get used to." he joked, looking back up at Amy. "Hey, how'd you know that the key was there?" he asked, sitting up. "Well, I'm home-schooled, so I'm not going anywhere at the moment, but I might be going to Durmy next year." he replied, smiling as he imagined what the next year would be like. "Dunno, any ideas?" he asked cheekily and started laughing. his contagious laugh filled the room and warmed the atmospere. "So, what do you want to do?" he asked, more serious now.

Amelia smiled at his appreciation. "I used to know the people that lived here. They told me to chill out here when ever i wanted, then had to leave for another place in Europe. They were muggles, but they were very nice. I only came for about a week, but i find it slightly spooky, what with it all being empty." She said, looking around and laughing as he laid back on the bed. "My cousin goes to Durmstrang. Its a good school, i think." She added, remembering some not very nice memories from the school. She winked at his cheeky comment and sat down on a chair next to the large bed that he was lying on. "No not really. I thought you could do that job." She said with another smile. She listened to his laugh, and let it ring around the room, filling it with warmth. She liked this boy and thought that he was funny, so she would stick around and chat to him.

"They sound like nice people. Still, i can understand the whole-being creeped out by the emptiness thing." Jake replid, grinning. He grinned as she said she had a cousin going there. "Yeah, but people say they learn the dark arts there-not my kinda thing." Jake smiled, he still wanted to go to Durmy though. "Well, um-I;m kinda outta ideas at the moment, hmm." Jake smiled, then he fake-collapsed and pretended to be asleep. Suddenly he woke up and yawned. "Oh sorry, I was just soo bored." he laughed, Jake laughed a lot. "So, your majesty I think the task of deciding what we do 'till the rain stops falls to you." he stated, standing up and making a sweeping bow.

Amy smiled at his joking tone. He seemed a nice guy who someone could easily have a laugh with. She laughed at him as he did his theatrical nonsense and then smiled. "Well, they don't have many things to do here, they took all the games etc with them..." She said, remembering the day when she had come in here, bored and looking for something to do. She had looked in all the cupboards and closets, but all she had found was dust sheets and old pillow cases. She sighed, getting bored and annoyed at the rain now, which had ruined her day. Still though, she was with a nice guy and there could surely be something to do in a lonely house. "I don't know." She said, tilting her head back to look at the ceiling as if to ask it what to do. "Dark arts aren't your thing then? What is your thing?" She asked, thinking about Durmstrang. She knew that they studied the dark arts and breeded dangerous creatures, and potions. Still though, she thought that Jake would fit in better at Durmstrang than in Beauxbatons.

Jake laughed as she said they had taken the game's. "God, that is un-believeable! Taking all the good stuff, so that the bored teenagers who trespass won't have anything to do!" he laughed, falling back on the bed once more. He liked Amelia, and hoped they would be good friends, but not more, seeing as she was way out of his league. "Soccer, baseball, sports in general, girls-you know, normal stuff. I like dancing though." he replied, posing with his index finger and thumb spread out under his chin-a thinking pose. Suddenly he had an idea, taking a pillow from the bed, he flung it at her and laughed. "Pillow fight?" he asked, raising his eyebrows at her and grabbing the other pillow.

Amelia smiled at him. "I know. Its almost like they don't want people to trespass." She said, laughing at him. "You sound like a normal boy, not yet decided in what you want to enjoy the most." She said, laughing again. She knew that these were the basic things that boys liked, until they found what really interested them. She jumped as a pillow hit her and put her hands on her hips in a theatrical style. Opening her mouth in a shocked expression, she grabbed the next pillow that came flying at her and threw it at him. Then, she ran through the door and up the main staircase. Reaching the top, she grabbed a pillow from a box and threw it down on his head. She repeated this until she ran out. Laughing hard now, she sat down on a step and waited for him to join her.

"Yeah, who wouldn't want us to trespass in their home." he laughed, winking at her and jumping off the bed. "Yup, that's me-I'm pretty much just that-normal." he laughed, Jake liked to laugh and did it frequently, though he never giggled-it was something he found feminine. He ran after her as she ran upstairs, though she caught him by surprise, hitting him straight in the face. He fell over, at the foot of the stairs and followed her outside. "Hey." he smiled, sitting down beside her, on the step. "Maybe the rain will stop soon." he commented, looking up at the grey sky, his feet outside the boundaries of the porch were getting wet, but he didn't care-it was just a bit of rain.

Amelia laughed again and managed to stop her breathing from being so hard. "Why? Is my company really that bad?" She asked, her face mock serious, but her eyes dancing with amusement. Amy had always been a good liar, apart from the fact that her eyes always gave her away. They laughed and from looking at her eyes someone could easily tell if she was lying or not. Looking down, so not to give it all away, she started laughing again. "Don't worry if you say yes, i have been told it before." She said, her tone slightly sour as she remembered a boy's comment to her about how bad her company was. She never could come up with an idea of what to do, and some people found this boring. She just didn't want to bore someone by choosing something that they didn't like.

"Nah, you're alright." Jake laughed. He was surprised at her next comment "Well that was pretty rude of whoever that was." he smiled, looking out into the rain. "So, what year are you in?" he asked, surprised that he hadn't already asked her. He didn't always remember these details, but he knew that to know someone you didn't need to know their history, but their soul. He knew it sounded soppy, but that was what he thought. He saw some of the guys who had been dancing earlier at the other side of the street-they looked grumpy. Jake tried not to laugh as he saw one of them staring at Amy-they were muggle's-not used to a possible half-veela's charm. for by now he had decided that she must be a veela in some way.

Amy laughed. "Thanks. That makes me feel better." She said, her laugh like a tinkle of bells. "Im in my 6th year at Beauxbatons. Im on a holiday at the moment." She said with a smile, remembering the announcement that had been made, telling them that they had a few weeks off. Most of her friends spent their time revising but Amy couldn't care less about revising, she would just face the exam as it came. "How about you?" She asked, wondering how old he was and therefore what year he was in. She would guess the same year as her, but she wasn't sure. She followed his gaze to the guys who were watching them and smirked. Laughing quickly, she sent a cheeky wink at the boy who was watching her and then laughed again at his shocked reaction. "Lets go back inside." She said with a sigh and stood up, wondering if he would join her or not to get out of the view of the annoying dancers.

"Well, I am good at cheering people up-when I need to." he laughed, poking her. He had no romantic ideas about Amy, there were going to be friends. "I'm 15, going to be a fifth year Durmy soon." he laughed. He had suddenly realised that Amy was older than him, so basically-she was meant to be the responsible one. "When are you back to school?" he asked, wondering if she knew Nathalie. He laughed as she winked at a boy. "Now, that was just cruel!" he burst, clutching his sides. "Sure, getting tired of being oggled?" he asked, as they stepped back inside.

Amy laughed quietly. Moving away from his poke in mock horror, she laughed again. "Im going back soon i 'ope. I like school, im just 'aving a weekend out." She said with a smile, remembering the words suggested to her by her professor. Apparently, they were letting most people go before the exams, so they could relax and have a break and not be stressed out by work. Her friends were around, but she didn't know where. She shrugged at the comment about the boy, it didn't bother her and he only seemed to blush red. "Well, i don't mind. But sometimes it gets on my nerves." She said, smirking still at the boys as she stepped back inside. Looking around, she wondered what they should do next. After all, the rain still seemed to be going.

"Yeah, I suppose, but personally, I'm glad to be away from studying." he grinned, thinking of the pile of books waiting for him back home, thank god he was starting Durmy next semester, but he just didn't know how to tell his Mom he'd already enrolled. "Yeah i suppose, but it's different for guys, nothing makes you feel better than having about ten girls screaming for you on the sidelines." he laughed, as he opened the door, waving to the boys across the street, who looked very embarrassed.

Amy nodded. "I know what you mean. But because i don't go home, Beauxbatons contains my life, my friends, my magic, everything." She said, trying to describe to Jake how she felt in that moment. Pondering on his next words, she frowned for a moment. "Why is that? Why do guys like so many girls around them?" She asked, having a dreading feeling that she knew the answer already. Girls liked the attention of many guys, but at the end of the day, most women chose one guy to give their attention to. One guy whom they would laugh at jokes with, dance with. But guys seemed to do that with everyone, why not like girls, choose a specific 'target'. From her experience, the guys who liked all the attention from everyone, left the scene with no one. That was her experience though, and she wondered what a guy's perspective on all of this was.

"Yeah, I suppose-me? I'm going to find it hard leaving home for Durmstrang, but Mom understands." he paused for a moment. "Do you miss Beauxbatons?" he asked, smiling at her. Jake paused for a minute at her answer, pondering on how to answer her question. He knew what he wanted to say, but couldn't manage to figure out how to say it. "Well, the thing is-you'll always have that one girl who means a lot to you, but when there's lots of girls cheering you on, it gets you pumped, because girls can be so much better friends than guys sometimes." he began, then stopped for a minute. "Do you know what I mean-girls can be supportive and guys would just be like "whatever." the problem is when you have a girlfriend, they're always jealous of your friends-who-are-girls." he finished, turning toward Amy to see her reaction.

Amy nodded, feeling a small lump come to her throat at the affectionate mention of a 'mum'. It didn't normally bother Amy, but sometimes, when she was relaxed and her barriers were down, the mention of the word in such a warm tone made her feel funny. Looking away for a second, as if to be pondering on the question, she pushed the feeling away and actually thought about the question. "Yes, yes i do. Like i said, it contains everything. My life, friends, everything. I enjoy travelling, but Beauxbatons is my home, and until i leave for good, it will always be that. So yes, i miss it." She said, lost in her own memories for a few minutes. Once Jake started to answer her question though, she fell back to earth, her mind now concentrating on the answer that she wanted to hear. "Yeh, i know what you mean. That would make sense then." She said, nodding and smiling, glad that Jake had answered her question. However, being of the opposite sex, she sometimes found that male company was better than female. After all, they didn't pry far enough to stir harsh memories. They didn't care who you were friends with. They were easygoing, a trait which Amy worked well with.

Jake looked at Amy curiously as she looked away, he wondered what she was thinking-something Jake often found himself thinking. did other people have the same jumble of voices-all their own trying to tell them what to do? Did other people think things over after they had happened and think of other, better endings? Jake found himself wondering these things, but he doubted he'd ever know. "Yes, I suppose, I've heard a lot about Beauxbatons, it's mentioned in the history of Harry Potter." he smiled, ever since she was a child she had loved the stories about the famous Harry Potter, who had saved the world from the evil Lord Voldemort. "Yes, I suppose, but all girls seem to think we're scum bags and all that." he smiled, remembering all the times that girls had called him things like that, because he hadn't called them back or such, but usually he didn't call them back because he hadn't felt any chemistry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back