DADA practicing for exams

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked down to the lawn swinging her wand beside her. She was a girl with a purpose today, a girl on a mission. She had kept her head down now for the past few days since Halloween but she knew exams were looming and could no longer sit back and let events run themselves. She wanted to pass her DADA, no she wanted to get a good fat stinking O on her DADA exam. Nothing less than that was an option.

There were a handful of people scattered here and there on the lawn but she strolled down to where the small maze was and picking up five rocks, lay them across the top of the maze bush. They were basically hip height to her.
She stood back ten spaces and raised her wand as in a duel. She thought of the spell she needed to us and then clearly said "expelliarmus". Her diction was perfect but this spell she knew perfectly anyway. The rock went flying off the bush into the centre of the maze.

She smiled and aimed at a second rock.

Brian walked up to Andromeda "Hey long time no see" Brian said smiling. Brian had came out hoping to practice a few of his Charms spells and had scened Andromeda's spell "I got something to show you!" Brian said pulling out his wand. pointing at a rock Brian said "Accio!" the rock came flying into his hand. Brian dropped the rock and said "Depulso!" the rock flew away from him. "Theres another one that I want to show you as well" Brian said with a smile.

Mike wandered down to the Lawn where he saw Andy. They were going to be practising their final spell before their DADA exams. The final spell to learn was " Finite Incantartem". "Hey Andy, shall we get sarted then?" said Mike, eagerlt awaiting to beat Andy...again like he did when stunning Andy twice, in which Andy failed to block. When it was Andy's go at stunning, Mike blocked both of them. Mike was awaiting the challenge.

"Impressive" she grinned but wouldn't give way to a smile "I can do more too you know!"

she turned to face him and said, "do a spell then and watch... just say one any one!"

She walked back from him and smiled, she had been practising this and couldn't wait to try it out now.
Suddenly Mike appeared and asked if they were practising.
"Sure Mike", she muttered "just wait a minute. go on Brian".

"You want me to use the spell on you?" Brian asked a little curious, he really wanted to practice his second banishing charm on someone, and had to wonder if she would be up to it. He wasn't sure how the spell would work on a human but knew that it was quite powerfull in any event.

"Oh you bet I do!" she smiled at him, she creaked her neck from side to side which she seemed to be doing alot the last few days and checked the distance between them.
"Alright, just raise your wand to let me know when you're ready" Andy had already raised hers to her face in a salute.

Her eyes dilated, she watched every movement he made - ready and waiting.

Brian smiled wickedly "alright I'm not gonna go easy, this spell is definately not your average one" Brian said walking in front of her "On the count of three" Brian said holding his wand steady in hand. To perform this spell he had to concentrate very hard ensuring that he was prepared both mentally and physically.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"Everte Statum!" Brian shouted loudly

The tip of Brian's wand had shined bright as it exploded The spell was powerfull as it flew in Andromeda's direction.

((This Spell was learned in Charms Lesson 5, I think you should check it out!))

[[don't need to I know what it does! it's a non canonical spell only used in the movies]]

Andy watched as Brian counted down and flourished his wand.
Her eyes saw everything as if in slow motion, she raised her own wand in reaction to his. Perfect timing, beautifully synchronised she flourished her wand in response.

" pro-tay-go" her diction was flawless and Brian's spell was negated before it had any chance to hurt her. She was determined nothing would ever hurt her again.

Her breathing returned to normal, she had been mildly aware that it had become shallow. Concentration she told herself.

She looked at Brian and smiled.

((Do you know the rules in Regard to Finte Incantartum? It states in the Acceptable First Year Spells, inside the dueling chamber that the spell only works on what you yourself can cast.))

((I would've PM'd you this but you said it wasn't working, not trying to call you out or anything!))

Mike stood there, breathless, WOW he said watching spells fly past him.

(( :unsure: we'll talk when you can PM.))

Brian was surprised that his spell hadn't worked and wondered which one he might be able to use instead.

Andy glared at him now. The last time she had talked to Brian was the afternoon of the Halloween festival. She thought they had been fine but come the party he chose to ignore her. It had hurt and she had consoled herself by wolfing down candy and playing silly games.
She breathed quicker than she intended. she knew what had happened as a result of eating all that candy ---she had gone outside!

Was she blaming Brian now? For what had happened to her. She was tired of this cat and mouse game they seemed intent on playing. She shook herself and smiled at Mike.
"you can join in if you want to Mike, this was suppose to be a DADA practise after all!" she knew she sounded petulant but she didn't care.

She had a secret now and the one person in the world that she should be able to tell she couldn't and it killed her not to.

Brian smiled "yeah you should try something against her, I'm not very good at the Protego spell like she is, Haven't begun DADA yet" Brian said smiling. Andy had brushed him off the last time they spoke and when Brian wanted to speak to her seemed to just dissapear for a few days without telling him, it kinda seemed that even though she said they wanted to be friends she was pushing further and futher away from him, and he didn't know why.

Andy waited but her patience was thin today so she turned back to Brian.
"Can you show me that one?" she asked in a flat tone. She tried to push as much feeling as possible out of her voice, if he knew he wouldn't even duel against her not mind be her friend.

"is something wrong?" Brian asked he felt stupid asking since even if there was something wrong she probably wouldn't say in front of Mike. Brian didn't like how hollow her voice sounded.

"I'm fine...just..just" she grabbed at the first thought that came into her head, "tired".

It was in effect true, she hadn't slept properly for days and knew she would have to go and see her uncle to help her sleep without nightmares if that was possible.

"Do you want to do this or not?" she walked back over to the maze bush and placed the stones up again in a row. She stepped back 10 spaces and creaked her neck from side to side, preparing herself.

"actually I think I'll let you study with Mike, see ya later" Brian said turning to leave, he wasn't sure what it was but knew that she would eventually open up to him, untill then he would give her space.

"Fine!" she called after him before turning and aiming her wand at one of the rocks.
"expelliarmus!" she shouted blasting the rock back in the air, even Andy gasped at the power behind it.

"see if I need you Brigeta!" she roared out loud, enjoying the shortening of his entire name, she didn't feel up to shouting out Brian Getathorn XIX mouthful that is was! She glared at him as he walked away.

Brian heard the name but continued walking, he hadn't heard that name since his grandfather's passing she was mad that he was leaving making Brian feel a bit annoyed, "doesn't even know what she wants" he said as he continued to leave.

Andrew walked out on to the lawn flourishing his wand.He had a serious itch to jinx someone,since he knew that he could cast the stunning spell just right.He gave the fellow rawenclaw a smile as he passed by,and then noticed what he had left.There near a maze bush there was a girl standing with her wand out.Probably she was practicing but Andrew was up for a challenge.
"Hello there!"he called out to the girl who seemed to look a bit furious for some reason at a fellow Griffindor boy."Are you practicing?"he asked her.

Andromeda turned and looked at a boy she just about recognised from two of her classes. A Slytherin she thought.
"Yes. But I'm in need of a decent practising partner" she glared back at Mike before turning back to the boy, "I'm Andromeda but you can call me Andy".

She held out her hand to see if he would shake it or not, she didn't give a monkeys about what others thought of Slytherins, she had some friends there. She looked at the boy waiting.

"Okay,"he said plainly,shaking the girl's hand,"I'm Andrew Bruke,but you cant call me Andy."he joked."So,what are you mad about?"he asked her.

She smiled at his off hand remark regarding the similarities of abbreviating both their names to Andy.
"Boys!" she said matter of factly, She turned back to the row of rocks and aiming her wand she called out the expelliarmus charm and sent another one flying backwards.

She refused to look at Mike now. It wasn't his fault he had hoped they'd be practising but Brian would have to come along and interfere with his precious charms spells.

"So infuriating", she told him "I just want to practise is that so bad?"

She tilted her head to the side and watched him from the corner of her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back