Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Violet sat down on the lawn, wand in hand, hoping to practice some of the spells she had learnt in Defense Against the Dark Arts. She loved that class, and she really wanted to excel in the exams. Of course, Violet really wanted to excel in every class. But this one especially. Her wandwork was a little shaky, and she wanted to prove that she could do the spells, and do them well.
She looked around the lawn, wishing that DADA spells weren't the only thing she could do. She could change a quill in to a spoon, too, but the problem with that was that she didn't know how to change it back. She sighed, hoping to see some of her classmates soon, and wishing that she could do some random spells simply to pass the time.

Vydráel had been meaning to check out the forbidden forest when he spied Violet sitting on her own. Walking up to her from the front so he wouldn't surprise her like last time.
"Hey Violet!" He greeted her with his usually impudent manner

Violet grinned when she saw Vydráel walking up to her. She waved at him. "Hey Vydráel!" she exclaimed. "What are you up to?"

"Well.." he began, unsure if telling her would be his best idea. "I was just going to check out some more of the outdoors when i saw you sitting there on your own, may i?" he indicated if he could next to her

Violet shrugged. "Sure, you can sit down. Would you like to practice Defence Against the Dark Arts with me?" she asked, realising that it was probably a bit rude to ask straight away, but didn't really think about it.

Not missing a beat, he nodded his head eagerly. "Sure! I need alot of practice with my spells anyway." He said as he sat down

Violet smiled, relieved. "Oh good! I'm, uh, not that brilliant with spells. I think we should avoid stunning!" she laughed, but was serious. She was frightened that if she performed a stunning spell, and it hit, she wouldn't be able to reverse it. Or, she'd be hit with one, and she'd be stuck in the same situation! She didn't let her worry show, however.

Vydrael produced a piece of paper from his robes. "Actually, i already wrote down every spell we have to learn as well as any probable counter parts." He told her as he let her have a look.
"I was muggle raised remember, i thought i may need the information." He grinned at her again. 'that trip to the library paid off after all' he mused to himself

Violet grinned. "Very clever of you! I wrote down the spells, I just...ah...left them in the common room." She looked sheepish. "I remember the incantations, so it's okay," she added, hurriedly. The last time Violet studied in the library, she had just noted down some more advanced spells that she would like to try. She had taught herself the leg-locker and body-bind spells, she just hadn't dared use them as yet.

"Well I thought i may need to use the protego spell at some time so i've learnt the theory, maybe you could use spells on me so i can work on my shielding and you with any spell you feel necessary?" He had gotten up again and had pulled out his wand, looking over his shoulder he gave her a smile.
"If for any reason one of us gets hurt, theres always the infirmary and its not like professor king said we weren't to practice" he added as a secondary

Violet nodded. She agreed with his logic. After all, he was right. It would be stupid not to agree.
"Alright, you're on. So, you use the shield charm?" she asked, confirming.

At that, Vydráel gave another grin. "I'll give it a few tries before letting myself be a target." he giggled a bit then carried on. "If you want, you may want to practice it too if you haven't already. My spellwork tends to be a little on the potent side.. when it works that is!" He gave her a short bow then looked back at the paper again to be sure he had the spell right.

He stood straight and calmed his breathing, holding his wand in his left hand and waved the wand up then down and said with as much confidence and strong a voice he could: "Pro-TAY-go!"

Shrugging his shoulders he tried again a few times before noticing that perhaps nothing WAS supposed to be seen. "Do you know if it's working or not?" he asked her

Violet bowed back, as Vydráel cast a shield charm. Neither of them saw anything. "I don't know..." muttered Violet. "Let's see if it works. Expelliarmus!" she said, pointing her wand at Vydráel.

He felt slightly caught off guard at her reaction but smiled as he finally saw a blue shimmer that looked almost like a ripple pass him like a wave. "I'd say that answers our question."
He stood back a bit and flexed his wrist some more. "Ok Violet, lets see how you do."
He waited for her to try out the shield spell

Violet nodded. Please, shield me, she thought, hoping her wand would get her mental message. She moved her wand up and down, and said clearly, "Protego!"

Violet waited for her wand to go flying out of her hand. It never did. "Ah, yes!" exclaimed Violet, grinning. "I mean, how splendid," she said, a little embarassed.

Vydráel gave her a long stare before laughing. "Splendid?.. well... not many would use that word." he gave her another look but this time was slightly serious.
"Ok now i guess it's time for the slightly more trying spells." indicating her to go first he added: "you go first and i'll mimick the spell best i can on my turn."

Violet giggled, but then swallowed her laughter and looked back at Vydráel, seriously. "Okay," she muttered. She pointed her wand at him, and, her hand shaking a little, muttered "st-s-stupefy!". She hated trying to stun people. She really didn't want to hurt her new friend.

Having been waiting for her to raise her wand again, he quickly cast "Protego" wondering just how good the spell would do him.

Vydráel cast a shield charm in time, but Violet's stunning spell didn't appear to do anything anyway. She sighed. "That's the one I have the most trouble with," she muttered, dejected.

Vydráel wanted to give her a hug then but thought the better of it. "Look don't worry Violet. We're first years and with that it's kinda like learning how to ride a bike AND dodge traffic at the same time." Giving her a wink instead and let have time to compose herself.

"Again!" he called to her, wand at the ready.

Violet gave a weak smile. Vydráel was right, of course, but Violet was a perfectionist. She didn't want to be bad at anything. She wanted to get everything straight away. And she knew that was stupid.
She took a deep breath, and closed her eyes. Perhaps if she didn't think of her opponent as her friend, she'd be able to do a better job. "Stupefy," she said, pointing her wand at Vydráel.

"Protego!" he cried as he saw the magic dart at him. Sighing in relief as it too was blocked.
"Well done!" he almost called out to violet. "Thought it had me there." giving her a grin he indicated that he would try

Violet sighed. She was glad that he had managed to block the spell - gladder still that she had actually managed to do something. "Okay, your turn!" Violet said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back