Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Whippy Alder Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Summer meant sunshine, in as much as New Zealand had it, and Connor was prepared to spend every moment he could get away with outdoors. Though it never compared to Australia, the summers here were much better than the winters, and just about the only time Connor really felt at home in New Zealand. Plus, hanging out outdoors had the added bonus that he was less likely to see Lucas around than in the Hufflepuff commons. He had brought a few books outside, hoping to find a quiet spot in the sun to revise, but as he crossed the lawn Connor's eyes fell on a far more pressing issue.

Though his attempted apology to Lucas had been a disaster, Connor knew all too well that he wasn't the only person owed an apology, and it had been longer since his breakup with Nikko, maybe now... Before he could talk himself out of it Connor was crossing the lawn to meet the Gryffindor, giving a nervous smile as he approached. "Hey! Um, I mean, hey, I... can we talk?" He stammered out, struggling to strike the right tone in his nerves. He hadn't really thought about what to say to Nikko other than that he needed to say something, so it was harder to summon the right phrasing. "I... I owe you an apology."

Nikko seemed to be in a better mood now that the weather was warming up and he was looking forward to going home soon. He knew he should be studying because exams were creeping up even faster than the holiday. He had compromised with himself and brought his notes outside but so far he had ended up kicking a football around and tried to remember some of his old tricks he used to know. But he missed the ball completely when he heard and saw Connor calling out to him. The ball rolled awkwardly towards the other boy and Nikko wasn't sure what to do with his hands as Connor fumbled through his words. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it when he realized he wasn't sure what he wanted to say. If this had happened at the beginning of the year he might have been angry or upset. But now? He felt surprisingly indifferent. "What do you want to talk about?" he asked and crossed his arms, finally figuring out what to do with his hands. Nikko had tried to sound calm but his dull delivery made him sound mad and he frowned at himself.

Connor had to try not to cringe when Nikko spoke, though at least he didn't sound as angry as Lucas had. That was progress, though he didn't know if it was enough to steer this conversation in a positive direction. "I just... I'm really sorry for how I acted when we broke up. It was... stupid and childish, and... I really have no idea what I was thinking. I was... really selfish, and you deserved better than how I treated you. So... yeah." He shrugged awkwardly, putting his hands in his pockets for lack of anything better to do with them. "I'm really sorry."

Nikko let his fall open unintentionally as Connor started to apologize. He was shocked but not exactly surprised. He had hoped the next time Connor talked to him it would be to say sorry but he hadn't really expected it to actually happen. He wasn't sure what to say and reached up to rub the back of his neck awkwardly. "Thanks." he said finally. "You were kind of a jerk." he blurted out and surprised himself, especially when he kept going. "Not kind of, you were a jerk." Nikko wasn't very confrontational and in fact hated arguing. But there was something about Connor coming to apologize after months of silence made him angry. "I never did anything for you to treat me like that."

A wave of relief rushed over Connor as he wasn't immediately rejected, though he winced slightly as Nikko went on. "I... yeah, I know." He said quietly, hands twisting anxiously. "I was... I was just pissed off and I don't know why, and I took it out on you. It was... stupid and terrible, and you didn't deserve it. I'm really, really sorry. I, um.... I don't expect you to forgive me." He stammered out, biting back an addition that he would really really like it. "But... I had to, uh... you deserved an apology."

Nikko wasn't sure why Connor seemed so nervous. He was the one that broke up with him, he guessed it proved he felt bad. But it felt like it was all too little too late. "Well thanks, I guess.” he said dryly and walked over to his ball was and picked it up. He didn't want anything to do with Connor. Nikko didn't want to be this cold but after months with nothing, he was over it and kind of resented that the other boy wanted to bring it up again. “I’m glad you feel better. But I'm over it.” he said firmly. He felt like he needed to say something more and now it was his turn to fumble over his words. "Just...be nicer." he said finally. It was lame but he meant it. He didn't care what Connor did now he just hoped he wouldn't be such an ass to the next person he tried to date.

Connor hadn't expected Nikko to take the apology well, but he hadn't prepared for the kind of.... apathy and dismissal he was faced with. He wanted to clamour to fix things properly, but he had learned from his conversation with Lucas when to leave well alone. So he just nodded, trying to inject as much sincerity as he could into his voice. "I will. I mean, I'm working on it. I promise." He said quickly, hoping if nothing else he could get that across clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back