Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ecosexual
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Sturdy Chestnut Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Rosemarie had been so busy with all the lessons and exams that she hadn't found the time to actually be around Oscar. The boy she had met in the train. She had seen him in the Great Hall and when she shared lessons with Ravenclaw, but she never had the courage to actually talk to the boy. Now she was done with everything she decided she want to see his Venus Flytrap. He had said he had brought one to the school and Rose was curious. She had never grown any carnivorous plants. She had grown all kinds of flowers and vegetables, but never went around to grow anything that ate insects. She was curious to see what the boy had brought to Hogwarts and thus she waited for Oscar in the north tower. Clutching her own pot of flowers close to her body.

After a fun first semester, Oscar couldn't wait what else the professors of Hogwarts would teach him. He liked Hogwarts, it checked out with everything his parents told him, and the things he was learning were definitely a lot more interesting than anything he'd ever learn at a Muggle school. His favourite subject so far was Herbology, learning about the different magical plants and their properties was a lot of fun and thanks to his father, Oscar already knew bits and pieces Professor Carter taught them. He had already learned a lot just in this one semester. The only thing he hadn't yet learned, however, was making friends at Hogwarts. He had already met a couple of people, most from his own house and the houses he shared classes with, but wasn't close or anything with any of them. He didn't want them to stand in the way of his education - he'd been looking forward to going to Hogwarts for a long time. Yet when one of the girls he met on the train at the start of the year invited him for a chat about their shared interest of plants, he accepted it without much hesitation, even though he thought that she was a bit... strange. ''Sorry if I'm late,'' the Ravenclaw said, clutching his potted venus flytrap close to him. ''I had to finish up a letter to my parents.'' Oscar's eyes almost immediately slid down to the pot she was holding onto herself. ''What did you bring with you?'' he asked curiously, already wanting to know more.

When she spotted Oscar and saw that he was also holding a pot of plants a feeling of intense joy filled her body. It was amazing to see someone that seemed to care as much about plants like she did. “A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to'' Rosemarie quoted one of her favourite muggle movies, she knew it was an old one. It was about 50 years old, but it was still amazing. Rosemarie nodded when Oscar said he had to write a letter to his parents, reminding her that she might had to write one soon. ''I brought a pot of freesia's today'' Rose said while looking curiously at the pot he was holding. ''Did you grow that one yourself?'' Rose asked.

''So if I would arrive an hour later I'd still be on time?'' Oscar retorted, grinning widely. He thought that he had heard the phrase with which she welcomed him before but couldn't remember if he had read it or heard it somewhere. It was definitely related to his granddad though. He nodded at the question. ''I did, though my dad helped me with it in the beginning.'' While it wasn't the first time he had grown plants, his father often let him help out, it was the first time he'd grown and taken care of a Venus flytrap. He put his pot down on so she could inspect it better, focusing his own attention to the freesia's she'd brought along with her. ''They look good! These require a lot of sunlight, don't they?'' he asked.

''Definitely, since we didn't talk about times, you would always be on time.'' Rose said while smiling. Sometimes Rose had her smart moments, she wasn't dumb but she had her priorities which meant she only studied for what interested her. ''I tend the garden at home with my mom.'' Rose said ''It is lovely to learn and do it alongside someone. '' She got her head of house so far to become his assistant, she wanted to learn from him. ''Thanks, yes they do.'' Rose was surprised he knew stuff about her Freesia's, most people didn't care about plants. They just bought them at the gardening centre and then they would die after one summer, because they weren't cared for properly. ''I kind of stole the bed at the windowsill at the start of the year, snuck out of the start of the year fest to move some trunks so mine was at the window one.'' Rose giggled.

Oscar didn't fully agree with what she told him, thinking that it would be quite rude of him to let her wait an hour even if they hadn't agreed to a specific time, but smiled back at her nonetheless. He did agree with what she said next, however. He would have figured it all out on his own eventually but it would have cost him a lot more time to do so, so he was glad that his father helped him with his own little project. The Venus flytrap was growing exactly as expected from the chart his father had made for him. ''That's funny,'' Oscar said with a soft chuckle. ''I picked the bed closest to the window, too.'' He touched one of the Freesia's leaves and smelled his finger afterwards. He quite liked the scent it gave off, it was a lot better than his own plant. ''So how is your semester going?'' he asked next. He hadn't seen a whole lot of her throughout the first semester because he'd been focused on everything but friends, but he was willing to change that if they could talk plants more often.

Rose grinned when Oscar confessed he got the same bed. Rose thought there would be more beds with windows alongside them since Oscar slept in the towers. ''So are we twin bed buddies now?" Rose smiled and gave another look at his Venus Fly trap. ''My semester was decent, Herbology was great and got some nice grades there.'' Rose paused ''Flying was awful and charms and transfiguration were hard.'' Rose knew Oscar was really high on grades, but she couldn't be bothered. ''Spells and Charms just don't work for me'' Especially at transfiguration she ended up with half matches and needles that looked like they had been in the ground for about a hundred years. ''I think we only share flying, transfiguration and herbology'' Rose had looked for him in her classes and only saw him when she had those. ''How is your semester going?'' She said while adjusting her pot of flowers so it wouldn't fall to the ground.

Oscar chuckled. ''I guess we are, huh?'' He hadn't thought about it like that yet but it was kind of funny that both had chosen similar beds when entering their dormitories the first time. It showed how much both cared about their plants. He did not think Charms and Transfiguration were that hard, the fact that he had read up on both subjects in advance really helped with what to expect in both classes, but he could see where she was coming from. Doing actual spells was a lot more difficult than just reading about them, that was true. ''Yeah, I did not really like flying either,'' Oscar replied, hoping that it was the last bit of flying he'd have to do for a long time. He shrugged at her question. ''I don't know, I think it's going well, my grades have been just as expected so far - good.'' If it was up to him, his grades would have been a little better than they were at the moment, but there was still time to improve at least some of them thankfully. It just meant that he had to work even harder. ''I really like it here, though. I think it's better than my parents said it would be. Especially the library and the student lounge, those are great,'' he said whilst making sure that his plant was away from the sunlight as it was slowly shifting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back