Cousins Conversing at the Herrogard

Sammael Stark

Sammael had decided to drop into the Herrogard, hoping someone would be there whom he could chat with. Also the food was exponentially better than at his apartment. Apparating into his old bedroom he walked to the Dining Room and was perplexed by its emptiness. With a shrug he sat down in one of the chairs.

"Persephone," he said calmly, trying to think of what he wanted to eat. When the little house elf appeared and asked what he wanted he responded "steak, medium rare, a baked potato with the works, and some red wine." The elf disappeared with a pop and Samael withdrew the Daily Prophet from his pocket, opening it up and beginning to read.
<i></i>

Persephone arrived as her name was called, taking Sammael's order, dutifully saying, "Of course, Master Sammael," and disapparating with a pop to retrieve his meal.

((Just have to comment, our family likes steak, don't we?))

Tristan's mood was quite distant and detached as he apparated into the Herrogard, figuring that he could stop by for a quick chat with someone. Maybe catch up with his father, or maybe Brunhilde if she was around. Lief had his own family now, and he supposed that he should pay him a visit one of these days.

Morgase having broken from him and taking Erik with her had left him virtually nothing to do these days, so he had to settle with floating around and trying to preoccupy himself with things, something that he was not very skilled at doing.

Strolling down the hallway, he ignored the portraits and was quite unsettled by the Herrogard's emptiness. When he was younger, at least two family members were usually around. Now it was just so- vacant.

He was a bit surprised to see Sammael sitting at the large dining room table as he entered the room, his smile small and curt as he sat down at the table across from him. "Afternoon, Sam," he said, his ice blue eyes trailing around the room, which carried just a hint of sadness, an emotion that had not seeped into the rest of his expression just yet.

Folding the Prophet and setting it down on the table before him Sammael looked at Tristan with a smirk. "Afternoon Tristan," he said with a nod. "Odd, seeing you here. What brings you home?"<i></i>

"Nothing in particular," Tristan replied, "Despite the fact that I am unsure where to go." He ran a hand through his hair, which he had cut just a bit, bringing his hand back down to the table. "And you? One doesn't see you around here that often either."

"Just felt like having a good meal, and thought perhaps a chat with Far could not hurt," Sammael replied calmly. "But what do you mean you do not know where to go? Where is Morgase?" Sammael had of course not heard about the happenings of his cousin and ex-wife and was confused as to why Tristan would be out of a place to go.<i></i>

"Ah," Tristan replied, looking around again. He was quite surprised that he had not seen his father yet, although he could just as well be in his study. "No, a chat with Far would not hurt at all; I want to know what happened over the summer."

He looked to Sammael, smiling a bit sadly, as he replied, "We- we split. And Morgase took Erik with her. I'm not entirely that surprised though- I kind of failed in the parent department."

His eyes fell to the table, and soon became focused on the goblin made ring that he had inherited from his grandfather. He was reminded of the bet that he had taken so many years ago, and won.

Sammael's golden eyes widened but the smirk remained on his face. "Really? She left and took your child?" Shaking his head Sammael leaned back in his chair. "Cousin, what did you do?"

Sammael saw Tristan looking at his ring and a pang of envy shot up inside him. He had always wanted the ring, and had tried hard to get it. Estrella was a reminder of his failure to obtain that ring.
<i></i>

"I did much and talked little," Tristan sighed, not surprised at the reaction he had gotten from Sammael. "I didn't express what I was doing outside of home, in other words. Meaning, what I was doing for the Death Eaters. And the things on the side."

He did not tell Sammael anything of Morgase's desire to break away from the Death Eaters- He did not think she would be in trouble for it, although he couldn't risk it nonetheless.

"Erik is safe, and I suppose that is all I am concerned about," he added, smirking as he saw Sammael glance at the ring. He loved to wear it, although he would never admit to anyone that he did it mostly for the purpose of showing off. It was a clear symbol of his victory, although not much else was good about it. He knew that Estrella would not take it well if she knew that the only reason she was around was because of the heirloom.

Turning it so that it would glint in the light, he commented, "You know, I never would have imagined how much I would have to go through for this little thing."

Sammael and Morgase had been away for some time but Sammael still cursed her for leaving him like she did. She made him look a failure and he took some happiness in knowing that she had left Tristan as well.

He was glad, however, when Tristan changed the subject to the ring. "Yeah, and I never would have imagined you would succeed. I cannot believe you entranced that wretched muggle." Sammael smirked, unsure of how Tristan thought of the whole thing. That ring was the sole reason he had married who he had and had Estrella. If it were not for Sammael's want for the ring and Tristan's stubborness and willingness to prove himself Tristan's life would have been drastically different.
<i></i>

Tristan smirked back at Sammael, glancing at him with a bit of amusement. "Truthfully, I wasn't so sure I would succeed then either," he chuckled deeply, "But it was easier than I thought. The amazing thing is, I didn't even have to use magic."

He had of course always been popular with women, at least from what he thought, so it hadn't been terribly hard. However, the outcome had definitely been much worse than what he had to go through to win the bet. Pulling out his box of cigars, he offered one to Sammael. "I didn't suppose I would get a kid out of the deal, although that wasn't entirely too terrible. Especially now."

He lit up the cigar using a silver lighter, suddenly envious of Sammael's power. He drew in, a look of amusement alight on his face.

((Did Tristan ever get anything of Sammael's in return for winning the bet?))

[I would imagine he got something for winning, unless he did it all just for pride. Not sure what Sammael would have that Tristan would want though.]

Sammael took one of the cigars from Tristan and stared at it for a few moments as he put it in his mouth. His golden eyes began to glow and the end lit on fire. While it was flaming he took a few draws from the cigar, turning it around in his mouth to ensure that it was lit properly. Once he was satisfied he allowed the fire to extinguish and his eyes returned to normal.

"Yes, I suppose children can come in handy every now and again. Even if they are quite the nuisance. I was lucky with Sophia until recently. She used to be quite well-behaved." Sammael frowned and took a puff of the cigar. "Funny how things work out in the end."
<i></i>

((But what, is the question? We should work that out... anything material he would be fond of?))

Tristan's look was one of amusement as he watched Sammael light up the cigar without much trouble, his ice blue eyes glittering as he drew in on his own, smirking. "Did our kids switch places, I wonder?" he inquired, chuckling a bit. "Estrella has been well behaved from what I have experienced recently, and I've heard tell that Sophia has been quite the rebel." He shook his head, watching the smoke that furled out of his mouth and up the side of his face, saying, "I'm not expecting anything dramatic, though. For all I know it could just be a ploy."

Transfiguring a vase that had flowers in it on the table into an ashtray, he flicked the ashes into it and slid it over to Sammael, smirking and continuing, "Which also leads me to wonder what happened here over the summer."

[Hmmm, perhaps something rare? Sammael would not have any heirlooms from the Stark Family. Would he have anything Drage? Perhaps something that belonged to Larkana?]

Sammael flicked some ashes from his cigar into the ashtray and sighed. "Yes, rebel is right. She ran away from me and had to be quite forcefully brought here. That Thanatos," he began and began to see the image of him kissing Sophia in his head. "I do not know what his game is but he has some odd tactics. At least she got here safely. When I was here waiting for Estrella was quite...different. It did seem as if our daughters had switched places."<i></i>

((Hmm.. I would suppose something Drage. Something goblin made like the ring, maybe?))

Tristan's brow furrowed at the mention of his cousin, and he inquired, "Why, what exactly did Thanatos do?" His cousin had always been an odd one although he figured that the man would not do anything risky, especially where Valcan was concerned. "I agree- Estrella is just, different. Like her personality had taken a drastic switch." He shuddered a bit. "It seemed almost as if she was channelling Far, but not to that extreme, of course."

[Hmm, yes, but what?]

Sammael took another puff of his cigar and sighed. "Well, let me just say that Thanatos thought it would be fun to toy with my daughter. He got what he deserved in the end." A twisted smirk appeared on Sammael's face as he envisioned the Leaky Cauldron being burned to the ground.<i></i>

((Jewelery of some kind? Or something like a weapon? Ancient relic?))

"Care to elaborate?" Tristan chuckled, his blue eyes glittering with suspicion as he wondered just what toying meant.

[Perhaps a necklace of some sort? A pendant or something. Or a dagger.]

Sammael considered, unsure of whether or not to confide this in Tristan. "Well, I am not sure entirely what all happened, but I do know he kissed Sophia." Taking another drag of his cigar he flicked more ashes into the tray, looking up at the smoke he had just blown from his mouth. Where is Far? he thought to himself, really wanting to speak with him.<i></i>

((I'm liking the sound of a dagger. Daggers are fun.))

Tristan's eyes narrowed in both surprise and shock as he looked back at Sammael, and he replied hastily, "Did you find out why he did that? I daresay that's quite unnecessary." He wondered just what Sammael had done to Thanatos to pay him back for kissing his daughter, but he decided that it would be better not to ask.

[Yeah, just not sure why Larkana would have a dagger. Unless it was Valcan's and he gave it to Sammael as his adopted son.]

"No, not exactly. He said something about needing her to trust him." Sammael scoffed and took another drag. "Yes, it was unnecessary, just as someone would say my retribution was. But it sure felt sweet." Sammael smirked and looked around. "Where is Far? I figured he would be here this time of day."<i></i>

Persephone was a bit fearful as she apparated next to Sammael, feeling that she had taken a bit too long with his meal. However, it appeared fantastic and the aroma that emanated from it was divine. Placing it in front of Sammael, with a humble bow she intoned, "Your dinner, master Sammael." She placed the red wine in front of him and then turned to Tristan.

"Anything for you, Master Tristan? The same, perhaps?"

Tristan smirked a bit as Sammael talked about retribution, having experienced the same with Vladmir. However, he had not killed him himself; just orchestrated the plan and provided the murderer with the resources. He was quite unsure what state Sammael had put him in, and he suddenly wondered what had gone down; Thanatos seemed fine the last time he had seen him at his pub. Thinking about the pub made him remember Shane, and his brow furrowed in perplexion; if Sammael knew about Shane's pilgrimage to New Zealand, he feared that it would not end well. He figured that he should shut his mouth about the boy for the time being.

Looking back to Sammael, he said, "I know not where Far is; I didn't see him in the Main Hall or in any of the adjoining rooms."

He looked to Persephone as she inquired about a meal, and he said, "Yes, that would be great, Persephone. I'd like some firewhisky with that, though." He figured that he had better not pass up a good meal, as what he was eating in his stolen apartment right now was quite unsatisfactory; he had never been that great at cooking.

((Oh, and yes to Valcan giving him the dagger. Sounds good.))

Sammael smirked and nodded to Persephone. "It smells divine, thank you." He put his cigar out in the ashtray and picked up his fork and knife, beginning to cut into his steak. He took a bite and savored it, loving the juicy taste of it.

[Yeah, that makes sense. I think he should also have something from his mother though. Like a pendant or something. That is why I suggested pendant, it seemed like something more feminine.]

((Yeah, that all makes sense. I'm cool with all of it.))

Tristan's stomach growled audibly as he inhaled the scent of the food through his nostrils, smirking and looking around as he waited. He wondered when his father was going to return home, tapping his foot and grabbing the Daily Prophet from the table, opening it and beginning to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back