Cooling Off

"Oh yeah, as much as possible. Come prepared to at least try hiking, swimming, horseback riding, mountain biking, that kind of stuff. Napping in a hammock is also a possibility if you earn it!" Bruin said with a laugh.

"Wait, what?" Sophia looked at Bruin with a very confused expression. Having been raised in an upscale wizarding home she had never done a lot of outdoors things, and had in fact never heard of some of the things Bruin had mentioned.

"What will I need to be prepared for these activities?"

Bruin laughed, only now realizing that it must sound like he was speaking a foreign language when he spoke about Muggle activities. "Don't worry, just come prepared to try some new things. We've got all of the equipment and supplies at our place." Bruin thought about it for a second. "Some comfy clothes would be helpful. Do you have jeans, sweat shirts, that kind of stuff?"

"No, I am afraid I was never one to dress for comfort. I am sure I can find something though." Sophia stopped as she reached the entrance to the castle and turned to Bruin.

"Well, I guess this is good night. Let me know we are leaving." After giving Bruin a soft smile she began to walk inside.

Bruin wondered if Sophia would make it through the summer. They weren't exactly going to be roughing it, but if she didn't own a sweatshirt she was in trouble. "Alright, we leave the day after the end of year feast. I think the Floo Network should get us to the fireplace in our old cabin, not far from where my parents live now. If we leave late evening here, it should get us there around lunch time, I think. I'm more used to muggle-style air travel."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back