Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Sparks

Wand
Maple 12 3/4 Inches with Essence of Silver Thistle
Okay, im really confused!
What would the date be on here the now? 'Cos it still says winter up at the board <_< And i thought it was April!
It would really help if we had a clock/date thingy on here that would tell us the exact date and would change everyday!
Something for suggestions :D

It means they need to change it. Technically, it SHOULD be Spring.

But hey, they've been doing other awesome things. =P.

They couldn't have the exact date because time here goes way faster than RL. =\. Plus, it would be tricky to make and maintain. It was a good idea, though.

I guess its feb on HNZ cuz we are having Valentines.But a clock would help but if the dtae changes everyday that would be one year for us and one year for HNZ so because the it should be one year for us and three years for HNZ thats why I guess on one day for us there should be three times changing on dates for HNZ.I'm not preety sure about the calculation but If we have a clock it has to change its date more than once a day so as to maintain this eaquation, years for HNZ=1 real year

Kasey Carla said:
I guess its feb on HNZ cuz we are having Valentines.But a clock would help but if the dtae changes everyday that would be one year for us and one year for HNZ so because the it should be one year for us and three years for HNZ thats why I guess on one day for us there should be three times changing on dates for HNZ.I'm not preety sure about the calculation but If we have a clock it has to change its date more than once a day so as to maintain this eaquation,  years for HNZ=1 real year
No...
It was February on HNZ the second week of classes. Your club couldn't throw together your event in that time frame so we let you slide it over a week and therefore had to extend winter.

It's about a month for every RL week right?

Approximately, yes.
This skews slightly because of winter break (it being a week long), but yes for the most part.

It would really help if we had a clock/date thingy on here that would tell us the exact date and would change everyday!

As it stands, without a strict clock for HNZ RPs can be approximated and stretched out.
With the clock one month would be fit into a week, which means that one day would be about four days in the RP and you couldn't explain the lapses in time. The current system is best for our purposes.

Professor Nicolas King said:

As it stands, without a strict clock for HNZ RPs can be approximated and stretched out.
With the clock one month would be fit into a week, which means that one day would be about four days in the RP and you couldn't explain the lapses in time. The current system is best for our purposes.
I think it's good the way it is. It's slightly confusing, but as long as you're in roughly the right term then it's fine. It might be nice to have it say which month it is, but I'm not sure how that'd work?

Lemina Troque said:

I think it's good the way it is. It's slightly confusing, but as long as you're in roughly the right term then it's fine. It might be nice to have it say which month it is, but I'm not sure how that'd work?
I could definitely add that with no problem, but then most RPs should wrap up within a week ;)
Then we'd just have a really long December ;) :D
I can run it by the other admin if you'd all like :D

Lemina Troque said:

I could definitely add that with no problem, but then most RPs should wrap up within a week ;)
Then we'd just have a really long December ;) :D
I can run it by the other admin if you'd all like :D
I think for more serious RPs the week timeframe would be fine, as players tend to be online at the same time. Although a lot of more casual RPs take longer, as there is one post each time a character is on. What about if for these sorts of RPs it could be the date the original topic was posted that is the timeframe, I dunno.

Alicia has made a month by month timeline that works out better and it's a little more than a week to a month... hopefully it will work out :)

Though it means april won't start for a while Ellie :p

I'll update it later maybe :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back